ABW Ambassador
    West Coast USA
    2009 > Year of the Ox
    Among the world's luminaries born in the Year of the Ox: former U.S. President Richard Nixon (1913), former British Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher (1925), Princess Diana (1961), and Hollywood actors George Clooney (1961) and Richard Gere (1949).

There are some negative Chinese soothsayers quoted HERE

I was born it the year of the Rat. I wonder what is your "year" and do you feel an affinity for it?
    <a href=""><font color="#FF0000">Buzzy Multimedia Publishing Affiliate Program</font></a>--<a href=""><font color="#FF0000">SAS Sign-Up</font></a>
    7-15% Commision, 180 Cookies, Bonuses
    <a href="">Earn Buzzy Bucks Promoting Sci-Fi & Fantasy Audio Books and Wicked Cool T-Shirts</a>

My mom always said that is why you are so 'fierce'. So does that mean everyone in that year is 'fierce'? I think not. Sorry mum. (I am Chinese)

From that article:
    Obama, born in the Year of the Ox, is taking office in a particularly bad year for his Chinese astrological sign. The ox sign is in direct conflict this year with a traditional Chinese divinity called the "God of Year," considered a bad omen. Obama also is the 44th president, a number the Chinese deem extremely unlucky, because "four" is pronounced the same as "death" in Chinese.
    It is true about the number 4. It is double badluck they say...

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Ward
    2009 > Year of the Ox
    Are you sure 09 is just the year of the Ox?

Noun: ox (oxen)
    1. An adult castrated bull of the genus Bos; especially Bos taurus
    2. Any of various wild bovines especially of the genera Bos or closely related Bibos
    I see many B's on that ox, so maybe it's the year of the Bho's (aka: toolbars), too!

Madison, WI
    I checked my sign, rubbed my lucky rabbit's foot, prayed to 14 gods (just to make sure I am golden with the right one), reread the fortune cookie messages I have saved.... and then I sat down and got to work.

And you know what, it doesn't matter where the confidence comes from as long as I do the last step and get to work.

Colorado River, Bullhead City AZ
    Being the year of the ox, prepare to get your ox gored.

Talking Wen Jiabao Shoe Throwing
    Political content removed.. Read the rules.
    Last edited by Chris - AMWSO; February 6th, 2009 at 04:56 AM. Reason: Political content

Outsourced Program Manager TrishaLyn's Avatar
    San Leandro, CA
    I was born in the year of the rooster... which of course most the time people just tease because it's the year of the c*ck :/

I don't feel any affinity towards it, I don't know anyone who does, even one of my good friends whose Chinese and actually celebrates Chinese New Year.

Melbourne, Florida
    I am a horse.......yes i love it......the Year of the Horse are popular. They are cheerful, skillful with money, and perceptive, although they sometimes talk too much. The are wise, talented, good with their hands, and sometimes have a weakness for members of the opposite sex. They are impatient and hot-blooded about everything except their daily work. They like entertainment and large crowds. They are very independent and rarely listen to advice. They are most compatible with Tigers, Dogs, and Sheep

Rooster: People born in the Year of the Rooster are deep thinkers, capable, and talented. They like to be busy and are devoted beyond their capabilities and are deeply disappointed if they fail. People born in the Rooster Year are often a bit eccentric, and often have rather difficult relationship with others. They always think they are right and usually are! They frequently are loners and though they give the outward impression of being adventurous, they are timid. Rooster peopleˇ¦s emotions like their fortunes, swing very high to very low. They can be selfish and too outspoken, but are always interesting and can be extremely brave. They are most compatible with Ox, Snake, and Dragon

Rat: People born in the Year of the Rat are noted for their charm and attraction for the opposite sex. They work hard to achieve their goals, acquire possessions, and are likely to be perfectionists. They are basically thrifty with money. Rat people are easily angered and love to gossip. Their ambitions are big, and they are usually very successful. They are most compatible with people born in the years of the Dragon, Monkey, and Ox.

Dragon: People born in the Year of the Dragon are healthy, energetic, excitable, short-tempered, and stubborn. They are also honest, sensitive, brave, and they inspire confidence and trust. Dragon people are the most eccentric of any in the eastern zodiac. They neither borrow money nor make flowery speeches, but they tend to be soft-hearted which sometimes gives others an advantage over them. They are compatible with Rats, Snakes, Monkeys, and Roosters
    Wear Short Sleeves!!! Support the right to bare arms!

I am a Horse
    The Fire Horse is animated and sociable. He has a wild side that leads him to a life on the edge. Fire Horses are generally either incredibly lucky or ridiculously unlucky. They love the excitement of action and the change it brings. The Fire element makes them passionate about their feelings and they always take a stand in a situation. Fire Horses are never on the fence about anything and have definitive opinions about the world. Their tempers can be overbearing
    There have been many times in my life when I felt either "incredibly lucky or ridiculously unlucky"
    I'm definitely a passionate individual
    [I often have strong opinions too ]
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread