Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    New features will start rolling in
    Hi all,
    We are working hard on wishlist and performance items. This morning you will notice that there is a change on the "style" editor.

* You can now show the retail price and the sale price (and designate a color for each), show the brand, link to the merchant, and create custom text for what precedes either the merchant or the brand. Example:

The new style editor looks like this:

We have also made the "no follow" a default in the default style & included the buy button since indications are those are the most successful settings. You can always override that by creating a duplicate style hitting the "add" button and basing your new style on the currently selected one.

Yes, folders, etc are coming but we are incrementally releasing now that Q4 is done.

Jessie
    Jessie Jones
    Create your custom affiliate store with PopShops.
    General support: support [at] popshops.com | Merchant requests: merchants [at] popshops.com
    (Include your popshops login, your shop name, and the URL or merchant you have an issue with.)

Thanks Jessie glade to see new features being added to Popshops, you have a very good system and the current and coming improvments will make it even better.

Can you tell us what other improvents that you plan for 2009?

Also are you working on why images are sometimes loading larger then what we have picked and a refresh is needed to get the correct size (this makes our sites look poor to our visitors)

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JessieJ
    You can now show the retail price and the sale price
    FABULOUS - best new feature ever!!!! Thanks.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

That are really great features. Thank you))

Like it!
    Danny W Bonin Jr
    Bonin Group, Inc.

Hi all,
    We are working hard on wishlist and performance items. This morning you will notice that there is a change on the "style" editor.

* show the brand,
    I don't know if this is a glitch or what. If the merchant doesn't include the brand in the feed, the merchant's name is showing up as the brand name. For example, Orvis offers Barbour of England shirts. However since apparently Orvis doesn't list the brand in the feed, the brand name for these shirts show Orvis.
    Danny W Bonin Jr
    Bonin Group, Inc.

It's possible that Orvis is using their own name as the brand. I will check into it. Can you please send me at support the URL with the example?

Jessie
    Jessie Jones
    General support: support [at] popshops.com | Merchant requests: merchants [at] popshops.com
    (Include your popshops login, your shop name, and the URL or merchant you have an issue with.)

kse,
    I can't get into the details of what we're going to be pushing, but can tell you a couple things (hints):

* PayPal (yippee)
    * A merchant relationship page (control the superset of merchants you want to be displayed in your filters & shopbuilder to speed load time)
    * Folders
    * Coupons, free shipping, deals feed
    * API for developers
    * Other wishlist items that we have carefully noted in our specs

Jessie
    Jessie Jones

I WANT IT ALL!!!!!

Any hints about how long it will be before we MIGHT see another goody or two.... or three....

It's possible that Orvis is using their own name as the brand. I will check into it. Can you please send me at support the URL with the example?

Jessie
    Done
    Danny W Bonin Jr
    Bonin Group, Inc.

kse,
    I can't get into the details of what we're going to be pushing, but can tell you a couple things (hints):........
    Thanks but are you going to try to fix the image problem?

Quote Originally Posted by kse
    ..... images are sometimes loading larger then what we have picked and a refresh is needed to get the correct size ......

I have never been able to reproduce the image problem. Send me the following:

* The URL to a page that has that problem
    * The name of the shop (as named in dashboard) that corresponds to that page
    * What are you using as your CMS?

I'll take another look at it. Pls send to suppord and mention that you are kse.

Thanks,
    Jessie
    Jessie Jones

I have never been able to reproduce the image problem. Send me the following:

* The URL to a page that has that problem
    * The name of the shop (as named in dashboard) that corresponds to that page
    * What are you using as your CMS?

I'll take another look at it. Pls send to suppord and mention that you are kse.

Thanks,
    Jessie
    Hi Jessie,
    Just sent you a email with the requested information. [PopShops #ETY-309199]

Hi Jessie,

Can you please tweek a feature you already have?

I have a lot of success using the search box inside my shop (box currently at the top of the shop). This works great in a small shop. But, in the larger shops once they start paging down I'm afraid they forget about the search box at the top if they don't find what they want and they leave. Having the option to offer a search box at the bottom of the shop would be great considering they may have overlooked the one at the top. Can you pretty please with a cherry on top do this?

Quote Originally Posted by boningroup
    I don't know if this is a glitch or what. If the merchant doesn't include the brand in the feed, the merchant's name is showing up as the brand name. For example, Orvis offers Barbour of England shirts. However since apparently Orvis doesn't list the brand in the feed, the brand name for these shirts show Orvis.
    As with all things new there will be glitches. I turned off the brand name box after seeing numerous merchants with their name as the brand (all of the NetShop merchants) and several with letters i.e. A, G, H listed as the brand (TigerDirect, CompUSA). I felt that this would just confuse my visitors.
    Danny W Bonin Jr
    Bonin Group, Inc.

I've spent a lot of time looking at raw datafeeds over the past week, and I definitely agree that many merchants do simply plug in their own name under the "brand" and/or "manufacturer" fields for all items they sell. For some merchants, this is just plain wrong, and PopShops can probably remove the merchant-name from the brand field when it's misleading. Be sure to send them an email listing merchants whom you believe are abusing this.

But some merchants really are the manufacturer, and their name is often the brand also. Even so, in general, it's probably wisest to suppress repetition, so that the merchant-name appears only once. Affiliate marketing is not about brand-building, so affiliates should resist this "name-stuffing."

Since some affiliates may choose to display the store name and others might not, and some might be OK showing the merchant name as the 'brand' even if they don't show the store name, while others might not, this probably should be a customizable option.

We've added in some functionality to block brands on merchants where the brand doesn't make sense. Any merchant with their brands blocked, will not have a brand show up for products in your shops.

If you notice a problem with a merchant's brands please report it to merchants@popshops.com and we will take a look.

I have disabled the brands for merchants boningroup noticed issues with.

Hey porkchop,

Shopbuilder -> Preferences -> Search -> Show search box in the bottom of the shop

Quote Originally Posted by danharms
    I have disabled the brands for merchants boningroup noticed issues with.
    Thanks Dan
    Danny W Bonin Jr
    Bonin Group, Inc.

They're creepy and they're kooky, mysterious and spooky...
    The casket sprays and funeral wreaths are still really killing the mood (pun intended) of my Valentine's Day Flower Shop. We still need the capability to filter by negative keyword or category when using the autofeed as mentioned in this thread from a year ago: PopShops Autofeed suggestion. Is this capability in the works yet?

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

Visual Artist & ABW Ambassador lostdeviant's Avatar
    Thanks for bringing that up Rematt. In a way it was good since it motivated me to learn php :-)

Here's another funny one: The auto-replace/autofeed "feature" thinks that baby clothing and women's blouses are closely related to men's swimsuits.

now how about that price sorting too........I just spent a week trying to piecemeal together a coupon/deals page....what a mess........

We are definitely going to be exposing the rules that make up the autofeed features in an upcoming update.

Quote Originally Posted by danharms
    We are definitely going to be exposing the rules that make up the autofeed features in an upcoming update.

It would be great if you looked at the data entry portion... when I have 20 or 30 exclusions it would be nice to have a bigger text box so I can see all of the exclusions that I have already entered. And it would be wonderful when I go to revise a page the exclusions would repopulate so I can tweak them if need be. Now I have to keep an exclusion list for every shop and if I forget to save it (trust me this has happened many times) when I go to revise I have to recreate the exclusion list. Major bummer
    CharPaula
    Staying focused on the bottomline

Talking
    I find it handy to keep a text file of those on my pc desktop........I know what you mean.......some of mine have 40 keywords1!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast