Affiliate Manager
    Adding LiveHelp Back
    I'm adding Live Help to all of my commerce sites

Do you think that's a good idea or not really effective?

Also, if the customer is on the fence we pop a coupon to them and try to do upsells.

I kind of want to get an idea from other sites to see if this has been effective and also want to see how affiliates feel about this.

Thanks
    joe

how long is your cookie period? can you block it from appearing on an arrival from an affiliate llink? if not, will an affiliate lose credit for a sale or maybe be knocked from the day count?

I understand the software is able to be changed in many ways.

Affiliate Manager
    the affiliate would still get credit, I would never use anything that would keep an affiliate from getting credit.

I personally don't understand why any merchant would do anything to hurt affiliate sales and credits, although I read on here that it happens

We can configure the LiveHelp a bunch of ways, and block it from certain referrers

Our standard cookie length is 180 days I believe

joe

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Hey Charlie charges half the fee and commission of LiveHelp as a cart poacher. He also drops gooey parrot poop on the inside of the shoppers monitor when abandoning your ecommerce sites without buying anything. Only way to clean it off is to go back an pay for wiping it off with your twice daily bargain newletter and coupon wipes. What a great way to raise your conversion ratio...
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Quote Originally Posted by jcswee01
    the affiliate would still get credit, I would never use anything that would keep an affiliate from getting credit.

I personally don't understand why any merchant would do anything to hurt affiliate sales and credits, although I read on here that it happens

We can configure the LiveHelp a bunch of ways, and block it from certain referrers

Our standard cookie length is 180 days I believe

joe
    when we first learned of LiveHelp (and others) it was not a good experience.

Affiliates need assurance they will not lose sales credit from its use.

Affiliate Manager
    I'm using LiveHelp by Crafty Syntax, it's not as robust as the paid ones, but it's free and let's me increase conversion for everyone. Although, I like the idea of finding a way to force everyone to buy something, hahaha

Affiliate Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by Herb ԿԬ
    when we first learned of LiveHelp (and others) it was not a good experience.

Affiliates need assurance they will not lose sales credit from its use.
    The way we are using it is to pop coupons and just ask the customer if the need any help. We don't overwrite cookies or anything. Do you have any ideas how to implement this and keep everyone happy. Obviously, my affiliates sales and perceptions are very important to me.

Quote Originally Posted by jcswee01
    The way we are using it is to pop coupons and just ask the customer if the need any help. We don't overwrite cookies or anything. Do you have any ideas how to implement this and keep everyone happy. Obviously, my affiliates sales and perceptions are very important to me.
    I'd say put that info in the TOS to the affiliates. Also, mention the fact the LiveHelp operator is not commissioned.

Affiliate Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by Herb ԿԬ
    I'd say put that info in the TOS to the affiliates. Also, mention the fact the LiveHelp operator is not commissioned.
    That sounds like a great idea

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread