Payment must be made by credit card or PayPal?
    Not sure if I've just been up since early this morning and this isn't making sense to me at all or somehow I've missed seein it before.

Was about to join a program, read the updated terms.

"If merchandise is purchased using their credit program, they'll pay 10% of down payment only. All purchases must be made using a major credit card or PayPal. Purchases made by check or money (think they maybe meant to say money order? ) will not receive a commission."

ok, psssst don't everybody jump on me but I don't always read word for word of agreements (I know....I should but I don't. Figure it's mostly just tellin us what bad stuff we shouldn't be doin and I already know I'm not doin any of it) I skim thru em, just don't read every last word.

So, not sure I've missed this somehow and it's a common practice?? This program isn't a new one and least to me it looks normal, but admit this seems weird to me. So.....do these terms seem a bit strange to any of ya or is this perfectly normal??

Quote Originally Posted by purplebear
    Purchases made by check or money (think they maybe meant to say money order? ) will not receive a commission
    I don't remember seeing that anywhere before, but I'm like you on reading those TOS. Anyway it doesn't sound too good.

http and a telephoto
    Payment method shouldn't determine if commission is paid. You sent the sale, you should get paid. Maybe they mean until the payment is received.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

I think I would definitely ask that merchant before signing up. There are as many newbie merchants as there are newbie affiliates and maybe they think it's OK to only pay sometimes for some parts of some sales. Sure looks peculiar You wouldn't have any way to know how much commission a sale might pay, it all would depend on what they decided to report, wonder how they managed to set up their reporting? What does the program show for a commission?

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    If they're only paying commish on CC or PP sales, I'd RUN SCREAMING WITH MY HANDS IN THE AIR. That's just wrong and a sneaky thing to toss into the TOS. (cute huh?)

If they actually meant to say "commish is paid as soon as a check clears and immediately on all CC and PP sales, OK, that's different although still kinda creepy.

I've never seen this in a merchant TOS. Would love to know who the merchant is so I can avoid them or look at the TOS myself.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Am more awake now. umm, still doesn't make sense to me, tho. I copied and pasted their info into here. They're in the jewelry category and in description it says online credit jeweler (which I never heard of but don't know if that's somethin common and I'm just not aware of it) My very first credit card was actually a jewelry store when I was just a teen so I know those offline exist. Not actually sure I shoulda gotten it at the time but I knew the jeweler guy (actually ended up dating him) but was only 18 and just my first job. I wanted to buy my Mom somethin special for Mother's Day tho so that ended up bein my first credit. Ok, here's the info:
    *Warning....uhhh I copied and pasted again, swear it was teeny letters but now it's gigantic. I pm'd for help, tho. so in case they don't get to it before you're at this point........brace yourself cos Gigantic letters are gonna appear.

"Crown Jewelers is a leading online credit jeweler that began as a traditional retail chain founded in 1988. We offer a "no credit check" credit card program for consumers with challenged or no credit history. With low monthly payments, credit limits up to $2500, credit bureau reporting and a zero down program that helps consumers establish a deserving credit history, Crown Jewelers offers a program that is uniquely compelling. Why Join? This is a great opportunity to increase your revenue. At Crown Jewelers, we take an aggressive approach towards approving applicants for credit as well as ongoing promotions and campaigns that are highly effective in driving sales. As a result, you will also find that our average sale is relatively higher than most retailers. Our base offer is 10% of the sale. Purchases and/or down payments must be made using a major credit card or PayPal to receive a commission. NO commission will be paid on fraudulent transactions."

They're an exclusive SAS merchant, been there since Jan 07 and last transaction was Jan. 24th. I admit, I don't really understand the epc so I don't pay attention to it but the epc says for 7 days - 460.56 and 30 days - 419.62. Average sale for both 7 days and 30 days is $472.06 and reversal rate is 0%.

It evidently in original agreement had been 5% but raised to 10% at the start of this year.

*Moderator - not sure it's ok to be naming the merchant and actually puttin in part of their agreement, specially when I'm not alleging they've done anything wrong. I just don't understand it? If not, please delete it.
    Last edited by Trust; January 26th, 2009 at 07:52 AM.

How weird... so if I send traffic and they take up the offer, I wont get paid unless they use Paypal or Credit card? Thats just screwy and shouldnt be allowed!
    :approval:

Beth aka 1stAngel
    [URL=http://1stangel.co.uk]1stAngel Arts Magazine[/URL]
    [URL=http://galileowasright.com]Galileo Was Right[/URL]

ABW Ambassador
    I see this in the agreement:

"All purchases must be made using a major credit card or PayPal"

That means that they only accept credit cards or Paypal.

However, on their site, they have the option to send in payment by mail. How many people send a payment by mail nowadays though?

They also have this in their agreement:

"Our base offer is 10% of the sale."

That is not true, they actually pay 10% of the downpayment amount

My two cents? I know this company is touted on some of the credit forums as being great for rebuilding your credit because they report every month and don't do a credit check. From what I've seen, it charges sky-high prices and I figure they probably get slammed a lot with people who start off paying, but then stop (I don't think they lose any money though because the down payment price is probably what the jewelry is actually worth) or who get the jewelry and figure it isn't worth the price. (To be fair, it's risky to sell something with no credit checks, so they have to watch their bottom line.)

Sounds like they don't know what they're doing with their TOS.... on the one hand they're telling you that they only accept credit cards and Paypal while their site tells customers something else. Is it 10% of the sale or 10% of the down payment? Big difference there.... I think I'd steer clear.
    Last edited by kayecee; January 26th, 2009 at 08:19 AM.

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    I interpret their TOS as saying they don't pay commissions on THEIR credit program, either.

Too confusing, unless they're worth it to you to call them and get it hammered out - I wouldn't bother promoting them.
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

Cant contact them unless I join them and I dont want to until I know whats happening....

Can someone from SAS elaborate or show them this thread?

Beth aka 1stAngel

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    Went to the SAS Join Program page -

This is also listed...

Quote Originally Posted by Merchant provided Terms of Agreement:
    We pay up to 5% of the sale. If merchandise is purchased using our credit program, we will pay 5% of the down payment. No commission will be paid on fraudulent transactions.
    Clear as mud...

You could contact them via their website info...

http://www.crownjewelers.com/contact.asp
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

ABW Ambassador
    So if someone buys the jewelry without the credit, the affiliate gets 10% commission.

If someone buys the jewelry through the credit program, the affiliate gets 10% of the down-payment.

Who in their right mind would go to a credit jewelry store and buy jewelry without using the credit option though? If you had the money up front, you wouldn't buy from that store.

So affiliate really only get 10% of the down payment amount. The TOS is very misleading and confusing

and they have a VERY annoying contact form!

I have pointed them in this direction

Beth aka 1stAngel

This doesn't sound right. I wonder if it's a tracking issue where they can't track recurring payments.
    Greg Rice Affiliate Program Management
    www.gocmc.com info(AT)gocmc.com | 330-259-1223

Join us! - MiNeeds.com | DiscountCandleShop/CheeseSupply | Feng Shui Plaza

16. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread