"Today's Stats" error?
    Since I have a few new promotions going, I've been peeking at the Today's Stats over the last several days to see if I'm getting click-thrus from my new websites to the merchants I'm promoting.

Yesterday (1/25/09) mid-day, I was pleased to see several 'hits' to four of my SAS merchants, also reflecting the URL (my site) from which the traffic came. At the same time, I used the drop-down menu to display the last few days of stats (1/24/09, 1/23/09, etc.) and also saw many hits to four or five of my SAS merchants. No sales on these days, but I was pleased to see traffic and click-thrus since a few of the sites were new, and just newly indexed.

Strangely, however, today (1/26/09) when I click on Today's Stats, and use the dropdown menu to look at 1/25/09, 1/24/09, etc., it is no longer showing that I had any 'hits' at all to any but one merchant. Those I saw yesterday when scrolling through the last several days were gone.

Is there something wrong with this particular display, or something I'm not understanding? Since I'm not yet generating many sales, it is very useful to see whether or not I'm generating traffic. Yesterday, it certainly looked like I was generating traffic to many merchants, but today the stats from those days that showed traffic yesterday have disappeared.

Can anyone clarify?

Susan

15 years and counting
    You mean you're using "Your day at a glance report"

If you use Display Date: Today. The report is accurate. It was the original report.
    Some time ago, (more than a few months) the report was modified to include other dates you can select.

If you pick a date other than today, the report doesn't show accurate data. Sales are not reported or not for the right day. Same for the clicks. It's a mess and I can't use the report.

I noticed it the day after the modification but I waited for somebody to ask the same question. I think you're the first to start a thread about this problem. Shareasale is pretty good to modify things that doesn't work, we just have to ask.

Yes, that's the one. It's the 5th one under the Reports/Stats column (top left) called "Today's Stats" and when you run it, it says "Your Day at a Glance."

What's strange is that yesterday, I was able to see clicks for the current and previous days on several merchants. But today, those same dates are not returning the numbers that were reported yesterday.

It's a nice report to have because it's the only one I can see that gives traffic data. So if sales are slow (or non-existent!), it's important to know if one is at least getting traffic.

Susan

15 years and counting
    Yes, it's a nice real time report you can use as a dashboard to check your SAS activities. The report reset I think at midnight Chicago Time. I'm not always up so late so I'll like SAS to keep a view just before the reset to check the last day activities, the next morning, then the day before... To add "Choose new date:" was a good idea.
    Instead of that we have some nonsense data populating the report.
    I'm pretty sure they will find a way to fix that.

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread