Just got this:

We regret to inform you that you have been dropped from the Magellan's Travel Supplies advertiser program, and you will no longer be affiliated with this advertiser as of 12/4/02. This is not intended as disapproval of the quality or value of your Web site. Each CJ advertiser has the option to determine how many and what types of publishers they will approve to their program, and they may also make changes to their program which warrant removing some of their publishers....

Now, let's see the ytd fruits of my efforts:
    Sales: $0.00
    Clicks: 162
    Impressions: 34,931

The only thing I don't undertand is why they regret to inform me. I, in turn, thank them.

I just got the same e-mail

heres my ytd stats
    Magellans
    commission earned $65.30
    sales to date 23
    clicks sent 505
    impressions 6,166
    EPM for year $10.59
    EPC for year $12.93

It's got me baffled but they sure as hell are going from my sites [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Travel safe
    Gordon
    YouTrek

I would have posted this second message sooner, but I had to give priority to the replacement of my Magellan links. Then I got a phone call, and I had to go to the john before I could get started on this laborious task. Anyway, I've finished now, and I have a question:

Actually more than 1 question:
    Do the performance numbers I stated above indicate my incompetancy to convert their products in my gift oriented site?

Am I expecting too much by wanting a slightly better impression to click ratio and a better sales to click ratio?

Is Magellan's against Parasite Ware?

Does anyone think I'm going to lose sleep over this?

(Wow. It took me longer to type this post than to replace their links.)

ABW Ambassador
    Yep me too.

YTD Performance:

9 sales
    $69.14 in commissions
    290 click throughs
    epc $23.84

Big Chuck

I got the same email, and to be honest I never promoted them since they converted very poorly for me. Their EPC was $3.77.

Perhaps I can send the few clicks I generate in this category to someone who converts...

"Don't let yesterday take up to much of today."

ABW Ambassador
    I like Magellans and I like their stuff. My EPC with them in 2002 is $9.58.

On a less cheery note, back in October their affiliate manager Dennis Lofland told me in a phone conversation (initiated by him) that Ebates was one of their top "producers". He seemed not to know a thing about parasites, commission hijacking, etc. I sent him some links for reading material, but I haven't talked with him since.

quote:
    Originally posted by buckworks.com:
    Ebates was one of their top "producers". He seemed not to know a thing about parasites, commission hijacking, etc. I sent him some links for reading material, but I haven't talked with him since.

They dropped me in that email today too, frankly I didn't move anything through them, so it's not a big deal from that perspective. However, dropping what may be a fairly large number of affiliates just prior to the biggest shopping season seems nonsensical to me.

Still, on the bright side, they'll probably see less Ebates volume because of dropping those affiliates since there'll be a smaller base of links to be overwritten.

Shore Mark,

quote:
    However, dropping what may be a fairly large number of affiliates just prior to the biggest shopping season seems nonsensical to me

Sure it makes sense. Brand all year through affiliates hard work and then drop them before the busiest time of the year. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

Kind of the same thing that Joanns.com did. Drop comsih before the rush.

I don't know if I ever joined them but if I did I am sure there is an email for me too waiting.

ABW Ambassador
    I spoke to the affiliate manager earlier on the phone, and he said he would reinstate me. I told him to come here and read the thread. I also told him about you, Gordon. It really didnt make since for him to cut you.

Big Chuck

Thanks Big Chuck. I'll drop him a line

Travel safe
    Gordon
    YouTrek

Magellan's travel supplies

Seems odd: My cj stats this year for them.

943 clicks

6 sales

commission: $39.90

last year:

489 clicks

10 sales

Commission: $56.44

Seems like I have done great business with them. and they are dropping me? Oh they are going to regret this big time!

Hmm I got it too :0(

We regret to inform you that you have been dropped from the Magellan's Travel Supplies advertiser program, and you will no longer be affiliated with this advertiser as of 12/4/02. This is not intended as disapproval of the quality or value of your Web site. Each CJ advertiser has the option to determine how many and what types of publishers they will approve to their program, and they may also make changes to their program which warrant removing some of their publishers.

You must remove any banners or links you are hosting on your Web site for this program at your earliest convenience. You are welcome to apply to and to host links from other Commission Junction advertisers at any time. Login to the member area at http://www.cj.com/login.jsp to find our current advertiser programs and to retrieve their links. Commission Junction values your participation in the CJ Network and we apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you.

Please be aware that this decision was not made by Commission Junction but by the advertiser. For assistance, please use the "Support" drop-down menu at the top of the Account Manager

Best Regards,

Client Services
    Commission Junction

Jason

Santa Cruz, CA 95060

ABW Ambassador
    dropped me too.

Andy Williams

Keyword DARTs - New search engine optimization software
    http://www.affiliate-masters.co.uk/k...timization.htm

ABW Ambassador
    I also got the hatchet . . . but what irritates me the most is, whenever one of these letters is received, it SHOULD be accompanied by some sort of REASON....
    ....but NOOooooooooooooo~!

What a thing to receive on Thanksgiving huh? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

hmm I didnt get it so I'm staying I guess my ytd stats;

clicks 1036
    sales 62
    rev: $607

Well It looks great imho but it really got slow recently for about 2-3 months...maybe it's because I'm sending less clicks..but as far as CR they are good although ebates bugs me either big time

He who steals a minaret prepares a proper
    cover beforehand, said of someone who intends to do something illegal.

I thought I was the only one who got kicked out by magellans.

ABW Ambassador
    I just talked to the affiliate manager at Magellans, and he said he made "a horrible mistake" on Wednesday and a whole bunch of people got drop notices who shouldn't have. He's trying to work with CJ to undo the damage, but in the meantime it's a real problem to contact the people who were dropped accidentally and let them know they weren't supposed to be dropped.

If you were one of them, call him and let him know you want to be reinstated. He will apologize profusely!

Dennis Lofland
    E-Marketing Programs Coordinator
    Magellan's International Travel, Inc.
    805-568-5408 ext. 307

He also told me that they are committed to making sure that none of their affiliates use parasitic link placement techniques. He's looking into Ebates.

Elisabeth Archambault

I'm going to start a new thread about this to help make sure people see it.

17. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread