CafePress Affiliate Program
    Just wanted to let folks know I'm not longer with CafePress as the Affiliate Manager. Got caught in the layoff net... I'm not sure who might take over the program but it won't be a full-time position. Good news is I'll be able to be more active on ABW! I'd also really like to stay in the affiliate space and I'm very interested in any affiliate positions in the Bay area or contract positions as an OPM. I think 2009 could be an outstanding year for affiliate marketing as companies seek to drive revenue as they lower spending on more traditional marketing programs and cut positions.

Happy Wednesday!

Steve Root

Sorry to hear Steve.

Thanks again for coming the Tax briefing we had in Boston at ASE08. Was great to see you there, and it speaks well of you as a concerned affiliate manager.

If I can do anything for you, let me know.
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

Steve good luck.. Motive CPA Network is looking for Affiliate Managers but only in San Diego. I will keep my eyes open i do know a few people in the bay area.

Sigh. It sucks.

Hope you find something soon Steve if not come be the affiliate! Good luck mate

Adam

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sroot
    Just wanted to let folks know I'm not longer with CafePress as the Affiliate Manager. Got caught in the layoff net... I'm not sure who might take over the program but it won't be a full-time position. Good news is I'll be able to be more active on ABW! I'd also really like to stay in the affiliate space and I'm very interested in any affiliate positions in the Bay area or contract positions as an OPM. I think 2009 could be an outstanding year for affiliate marketing as companies seek to drive revenue as they lower spending on more traditional marketing programs and cut positions.

Happy Wednesday!

Steve Root
    Steve, sorry to hear, it's been good chatting with you throughout, you know where to find me, keep in touch ... another loss for Cafe Press though ...
    Andy Rodriguez Consulting, Affiliate Program Management and Consulting Services, Since 2001
    www.andyrodriguez.com | E: abw@andyrodriguez.com | P: (888) 931-ANDY (2639) | Skype: affiliatedoctor | AIM & MSN: AffiliateDoctor | Subscribe To Our ABW Forum Posts | Follow me on Twitter | Join Our Affiliate Programs

Affiliate Network Rep Kim Salvino's Avatar
    I wish you luck, Steve.

I know how hard you worked on the NY tax issue on their behalf. Good luck in your future endeavors.
    Kim Salvino, Client Services Director, Performance Horizon Group
    Reach me at kim.salvino(at)performancehorizon.com or on (443) 617-4036

Good luck Steve. Please keep in touch and I hope you get a great job soon.

Sue.

I'm really sorry to hear this Steve.

It's been a pleasure working with you through CP and I look forward to connecting again where ever you go. I think you will continue to be a fantastic voice in the aff world.

speedy job securing to you!
    [URL=http://www.mypenguintravels.com][COLOR=DarkRed]Have you seen my penguin?[/COLOR][/URL]
    [FONT=Tahoma]The Blog: [URL=http://www.jgoode.com][COLOR=Indigo]JGoode.com [/COLOR][/URL] | The Shop: [URL=http://www.jgoodedesigns.com][COLOR=Indigo]JGoode Designs [/COLOR][/URL]
    [SIZE=1][B]Designer/Illustrator/Professional Doodler[/B] for [B]Apparel, Gifts, Decor & more...[/B][/SIZE] :artist:[/FONT]

ditto to what Jen said. It was great working with you and I really appreciate the help and the effort you put into the program. Best of luck to you and hopefully we'll meet up sometime in the future.

OOOPS just realized was an old POST, LOL GethsemeneRose's Avatar
    Sorry to hear that Steve (was not one of your happiest CP {mutters to self about FINALLY after 2 years finishing the last page of changeover from the ORIGINAL CP affiliate links to CJ links} affiliates but still is always bad when people are laid off)
    :gnome: [URL]www.gethsemenerose.com[/URL] :gnome: As for me and my SITE we shall serve the LORD!

Certified Affiliate Manager sunshiner's Avatar
    Does anyone know if anyone is actually running this program anymore or is it just on auto pilot and thats why no one bothers to answer your emails?

Tad Dooling is supposed to be in charge of it. They no longer have a dedicated manager since Steve Root left.

Quite frankly, I've given this program up for dead....

they didn't seem to track properly after the change June 1st and didn't appear motivated to fix it... (this is supposed to be fixed as of this week so it only took them what? 4 1/2 months?)

numerous leaks with Imagekind, Flip Mino, Sigg, AdSense, a company that pops up at the bottom for winning a free t-shirt, another link to another company in the shopping cart for free shipping.... and that last one is a doozy when you google it...

Prices in the marketplace vary by the minute...

Possible parasites in the program.... I was assured that a particular company is not in the affiliate program, even though I warned that the company goes by various names.... several months later, CP is still listed as a merchant with that company...

Teamed up with a company that shopkeepers can use for advertising..... when you take a closer look, the advertisements that shopkeepers PAY for are actually AFFILIATE links....

They just did a "test" with a big arse phone number in the shopping cart....

It's sad.... a year and a half ago, they were a great company to be associated with.... now....

I'm busily replacing links and gettin' the hella outta Dodge...

(and if you don't know me, I'm the same KayeCee chick that used to hang out on the CP forums over the past few years.... I still pop in occasionally, but many of the shopkeepers have moved over to my place)

I'm still fairly successful with them, but I do everything I can to keep customers off of any of CP's pages (their marketplace or the shopkeeper version of the site) except for the shopping cart. CP is one of the few places I've found that has a setup that allows an affiliate to basically brand all the way through to the cart if you know what you're doing. But if you're just posting links to searches or products, they aren't making it easy to be an affiliate right now.

15. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread