Which website builers do you recommend?
    I am VERY new to affiliate marketing and was introduced to it by a family friend. I have a domain name and am signed up on a few affiliate networks. I have played around with dreamweaver 8 without much luck. I don't know if I am just not patient enough with dreamweaver or am not reading enough about how to use the program. I was wondering if you could recommend good places to learn how to use dreamweaver or had a simple website builder that you could recommend? Any help will be greatly appreciated
    Last edited by Haiko de Poel, Jr.; January 30th, 2009 at 09:42 AM. Reason: Closed spam fodder thread

hey b-town, I would suggest looking at installing WordPress on your site. It's got a built in admin section that lets you edit the text on pages right from the online interface. If you check out http://wordpress.org/extend/themes/ you can find dozens of free themes that you can install and then customize to your liking.

Even though it started out as blogging software, you don't even have to include a blog as part of your site. You can simply use it as a content manager. Plus, there are hundreds of plugins available that can let you add all sorts of extra functionality to your site without knowing a thing at all about programming.

Depending on where your site is hosted, you may even be able to do a "one click install" of WordPress if your host offers Simple Scripts or Fantastico.

Hope that helps, and welcome to ABW.

Thank you very much for your help I will check this out and tell you how it goes.

I second that Eric.

I messed around with NVU and some others but nothing has matched the ease of WordPress. I also have used Guru . com to outsource some more advanced web development projects.

If you feel like going back to Dreamweaver try
    Dreamweaver Tutorials

You can also learn a lot from the World Wide Web Consortium http://www.w3.org/
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Yahoo Site builder!
    You can try Yahoo site builder 2.4. It is free!! .
    Here is the link
    Last edited by Dynamoo; January 30th, 2009 at 07:55 AM.

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    Do not click the link in affgem's post. Softpedia is reported to have downloads containing viruses.

http://www.siteadvisor.com/sites/softpedia.com

Smile
    Thank you Rhea for letting everyone know about it .
    I did not know that the link contained malicious code. I found that tool while I was browsing for a free website builder. I checked the link in your last post and got this message " We tested this site and didn't find any significant problems."

9. Newsletter Signup

Closed Thread