Affiliate/AM Moonlighter dflsports's Avatar
    For those of you who do Aff Marketing full time, I was wondering if you choose to get health insurance? If yes, any recommendations?

Thanks in advance!

This has been discussed a few times. I also need to get my own health insurance. Seems like the best thing to do is try ehealthinsurance.com. Also check out your local chamber of commerce or other local associations. Sometimes these associations have health insurance available for their members. You will usually pay less as a group.

Yep,

When I quit work over 3 years ago, I opted for 18 months of extened coverage through the COBRA act. During that time I had a heart attack. Which I was very happy to be covered. It was costing me around 375.00 a month.

When I came to the end, I had to change programs with Blue Cross. Now paying 580.00 a month, plus big deductable yearly, plus share of costs of most all services.

Being on maintenance meds with Co/Pays keeps my insurance and total medical costs around $1000.00 a month.

But I am not *****ing. I do understand the high cost of medical and the costs of the indigent that are passed along to patients that do pay.

People have to quit complaining about no insurance. Just buy it... Like the old days. Or keep a good amount in the bank and pay it yourself.

For those who say "I can't afford insurance" if your not able to pay a couple of hundred dollars a month, you need to look at yourself and do something to improve your income and mindset.

I say, "Have a try at affiliate marketing... It's cash in the pocket big time!"

Allen

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>When I quit work over 3 years ago, I opted for 18 months of extened coverage through the COBRA act.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm at month 15 Great advise! A broken arm could cost thousands.

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Linda - 5starAffiliatePrograms's Avatar
    My Cobra will come to an end soon too. Someone needs to start an affiliate marketing association that offers group coverage so all of us entrepreneurs can get good deals.

Haiko???

Linda Buquet :: 714.754.1280 :: AM Consulting, Promotion & PR (Partner Relations)
    <font color="#0000FF">5 Star Affiliate Programs</font> :: 13 High Paying, Parasite-Free, Partner-Centered Programs
    HUGE Holiday Sales Contest. WIN BIG PRIZES! <font color="#0000FF">Click Here!</font>

ABW Ambassador
    By contrast, I've never head health insurance. The cost has, for me, always been way to high - working at a $7 hour job just won't allow you to get health insurance, no matter how hard you try.

However, that will be changing in 2004 due to the Health Savings Accounts that are part of the Medicare bill that was just done - as well as my incresing income via affiliate marketing.

These HSA's function like IRA's but are designed for health needs. They offer great deductions on your taxes, too, if my preliminary research is any indication.

With an HSA, you buy a high deductible health plan - usually with a deductible around $2500. Above $2500, coverage is 100%.

How it is suppose to work is that you contribute, for a single person, up to $1700 or so a year to a HSA. You then tap into this money during the course of the year to pay various health related bills as they arise (you are given a seperate debit card or checks to pay your health related bills). This money that you pay in to the HSA is fully deducbible.

If you don't use up your contribution to the HSA each year, the money "rolls over" (you don't lose it), allowing you to build up a nice little nest egg for health care costs while also saving up for retirement, in the event you never really need to tap this money.

Your monthly premiums are also fully tax deducbible too, I think.

More on this in 2004 when I take the plunge and buy one of these plans.

Jim

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by kellmk:
    I'm at month 15 Great advise! A broken arm could cost thousands.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Kellmk,

Don't wait for it to expire... I barely got on because you only have 30 days after the COBRA ends to get it or you get a big boost in costs.. .maybe up to my level.

Same to you Catalyst!

Allen

ABW Ambassador
    As said before, contact your local chamber of commerce, many communities have the shared buying power of small businesses. In Clevleand it is known as COSE.

I pay $140 a month for Kaiser with a $15/copay for visits. Now if I just had time to go in and have them look at my neck that is killing me... after the xmas push.

Chet

I learned my lesson.
    Last Christmas for 8 Days I was in the hospital with a ruptured appendix.
    No insurance, had to pay cash of about $25,000.
    Luckily due to affiliate marketing I was able to pay it, but I hated to take that huge chunk out of my savings.

So we now have Blue Cross with a high deductible just to cover those major medical bills. Plus we do get discounted prescriptions.

I can think of lots of better things I could have spent that $25,000 on.

Affiliate/AM Moonlighter dflsports's Avatar
    Thanks for the reponses. I am lucky that my wife works and has good insurance but if this biz keeps being so good to me then she may be able to quite her job (she hates it) and either find a part time job or help me out.

I did check out ehealthinsurance.com and qas qouted $516.00 a month for family converage, I think it cover 100% and you are responsible for office visits. Sounds OK. I will check out my local chamber of commerce too, thanks for that tidbit of info.

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Linda - 5starAffiliatePrograms's Avatar
    Hey joining the Chamber is a business write-off too. I need more of those. Great suggestion!

Linda Buquet :: 714.754.1280 :: AM Consulting, Promotion & PR (Partner Relations)
    <font color="#0000FF">5 Star Affiliate Programs</font> :: 13 High Paying, Parasite-Free, Partner-Centered Programs
    HUGE Holiday Sales Contest. WIN BIG PRIZES! <font color="#0000FF">Click Here!</font>

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread