Gee, thanks for sending my husband's new computer chair that I ordered him for Christmas.
    It came via UPS with big pictures of the chair on the box right there for him to see when it was delivered!

It is holiday time, can't you at least do something so in cases like this you put some wrapping over the box? Lots of these things you are shipping are gifts ya know!

Wow... what shocking news... It's christmas time! for heaven sakes!

<font face="Verdana" size="1">About us</font><font face="Verdana" size="1"> |Contact us| poetry | fighting parasiteware

AIM: ssn Jason

Favorite quote: "You can do it on your own, but you don't have to do it alone"</font>

Hmm have you seen my <a href="http://abw.infopop.cc/6/ubb.x?a=tpc&s=548608979&f=986605689&m=7406096484&r=7406096484#7406096484">pic?<a>, <a href="http://abw.infopop.cc/6/ubb.x?q=Y&a=tpc&s=548608979&f=179600589&m=5876081315&p=2"target="_blank">Affiliate goals<a>

Connie,

I have learned that lesson years ago. All Xmas presents get delivered to my neighbor and visa-versa!

SandraR

Sending things to the neighbor sounds like a good idea to me; unless you pay extra for gift wrapping, I can't see expecting the merchant to conceal what's inside the box.

Andy

Affiliate/AM Moonlighter dflsports's Avatar
    Atleast it arrived before christmas

What a great idea about using the neighbor. Last year I ordered my hubby the Time life singers and songwriters collection and it came with TIME LIFE and the name of the collection all over the box. This was from time, not overstock, though. That was lovely.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    It pays to be clever
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Not everyone has neighbors you can trust.
    So I have no choice. My neighbors would just keep it.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Connie Berg:
    Gee, thanks for sending my husband's new computer chair that I ordered him for Christmas.
    It came via UPS with big pictures of the chair on the box right there for him to see when it was delivered!

It is holiday time, can't you at least do something so in cases like this you put some wrapping over the box? Lots of these things you are shipping are gifts ya know!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bummer, sorry to hear that!

Diane

<left class=sig><FONT face="Comic Sans MS,Sans-Serif" color=blue size=2>Gift Shopping Network</FONT>
    "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." Mahatma Gandhi

I am glad I do not live where you do.

With our neighbors it gives us an opportunity to rib each other:

Na Na Na I know what you got..

We have great fun with it.

I know all my neighbors around me, I make time to visit with them and enjoy their company as well as doing activities with them.

In my community we have kids in and out of our houses all the time, the neighbors watch each others animals during vacations, we each make sure no ones house is robbed or if there is a dog loose we all call and run out to capture the neighbors cat or dog.

A good neighborhood is an extension of your family.

SandraR

I have a box at one of those Mailbox ETCs type places.

Use it for business address plus get all packages delivered there. It is especially nice at the holidays', never have to worry about anyone seeing their presents delivered

char_paula

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> A good neighborhood is an extension of your family.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Amen to that!

------------------------------
    What does the COC stand for? Crooks Overwriting Commissions.
    Don't worry! Tracking is infected!
    ------------------------------
    Love Life to the fullest. we only get ONE chance! :-) !

ABW Ambassador
    Winterpeg, the Mosquito Capital of Canada
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> A good neighborhood is an extension of your family.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Our "family " extension next door thinks their cats litter box is our flower garden and it is totally OK to go do it's business in everyones yard when confronted about it
    (Cats are by law to be leashed and not running free here)
    If mail went there we would never see it

WW

Make a difference! Support your local Cancer Care providers.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Hopefully not! My butthole uni-bomber type neighbor on the left I have looked at or talked to in 6 years. I made the mistake like the mailman of turning around in his drive way one day and he was out the door yelling and screaming no one is allowed on his property. Seriously if his house was on fire I wouldn't even bother to watch. The mailmen refuse to deliver his mail since I've lived here and he has to pick it up at the Post Office.

Neighbor on the right is a great little old lady I take shopping and to the bank weekly. She sneaks grapes and peanuts to Charlie all the time.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Connie Berg:
    Not everyone has neighbors you can trust.
    So I have no choice. My neighbors would just keep it.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I thought you lived next to your parents. ???

IamJaloppy

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by walleye warrior:
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Our "family " extension next door thinks their cats litter box is our flower garden and it is totally OK to go do it's business in everyones yard when confronted about it
    (Cats are by law to be leashed and not running free here)
    If mail went there we would never see it

WW

Make a difference! Support your local Cancer Care providers.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Get a dog that 'Likes' cats.

IamJaloppy

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by IamJaloppy:

I thought you lived next to your parents. ???

IamJaloppy<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My parents are never home, they are always at my house.....

Most of my neighbors work all day, no one home to deliver to. This is the same neighborhood I grew up in and there are a lot of the same people here now. The majority of them are nice, but there are always bad seeds.

The only neighbors home are the ones who have a cowbell windchime outside my window, their dog barks all night and day, they put their dog kennel right next to my deck so we smell dog crap all the time, they park all their old junky vehicles out front of my house so they don't have to park them in front of their yard and make it look crappy. Their foster kids hang out and smoke in front of my house and curse and swear around my kids...The guy is a practicing alcholic and a jerk...How they got foster kids is anyone's guess..

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by EcomCity.com:
    Hopefully not! My butthole uni-bomber type neighbor on the left I have looked at or talked to in 6 years. I made the mistake like the mailman of turning around in his drive way one day and he was out the door yelling and screaming no one is allowed on his property. Seriously if his house was on fire I wouldn't even bother to watch. The mailmen refuse to deliver his mail since I've lived here and he has to pick it up at the Post Office.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    It should be fun living next door to you two

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>he was out the door yelling and screaming no one is allowed on his property. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

So THAT'S where my old neighbor moved to!

It's the most wonderful time of the year!~Old Christmas Song

Well, I'm quite worried about my neighbour.
    (Lives downstairs in the maisonette).
    He's in his mid-eighties and has had lots of health problems in the past, and he looks increasingly frail these days.

He's fiercely independant, so there isn't much I can do, plus he has a neice who calls in on him regularly, so he isn't completely on his own.

It's a worry, though.

I'll get him a bottle of whiskey for xmas.

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I'll get him a bottle of whiskey for xmas. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Why? Are you in his will? LOL

I never got my T-Shirt

Sheila!

It sure won't do him any harm...

He hasn't got anything to leave.

I'll probably inherit his bloody cat...

I can understand not wanting to have a neighbor turn around in your driveway. A former neighbor who moved this year (YAY! HOORAY!! ) is such a nit wit I can't believe she's allowed to transport her own children.

A few years ago, she was involved in a head on collision just down the street. She almost totalled her new minivan, and it was because she was driving on the wrong side of the road! And yes, her children were in the car at the time of the accident.

The neighbor across the street says she's as dumb as a box of rocks! I would not want her to turn around in MY driveway, because she's likely to forget which pedal is the brake, and run straight through the house! She did back her previous minivan into the side of her house once, although it didn't cause much damage because she was going so slow.

They really should take her driver's license away...

So there are good reasons for being upset with people turning around in your driveway.

Andy

Well Connie, was the chair any good, I need one, and was thinking of ordering from Overstock (who I like btw).

Fred

You might just be a Redneck if - Birds are attracted to your beard...

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    I only had a brief 2 minute conversation with my Uni-bomber neighbor 6 years ago. To this day he won't come out of his house if I'm doing yard work and other then his wife, who nobody has ever seen, not one visitor other then the cops hauling him off for threating the kids and mailman, have ever been to his home since I've lived here. Must be something I said that hit home real quick and deep.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

25. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread