Clickjacking - New Term To Me
    Clickjacking Wikipedia explains it better than I could. I am trying the Firefox NoScript Add-On mentioned there. It popped on ABW and gave me an option to always allow. We'll see.

I got a newsletter saying that IE8 was going to have clickjacking protection built in. That's what got me interested.

Talking
    A rose by any other name, will still have thorns...

So Clickjacking by any other name... may still smell like a toolbar in action. (If you get my drift!)

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    I just installed. A little bit of a pain since most sites you visit has a script of some sort, but will stop those "secret" programs, viruses, and downloads.
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Sal
    A rose by any other name, will still have thorns...

So Clickjacking by any other name... may still smell like a toolbar in action. (If you get my drift!)
    I don't get what toolbars have to do with the Clickjacking article posted...

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by John Powell
    Clickjacking Wikipedia explains it better than I could. I am trying the Firefox NoScript Add-On mentioned there. It popped on ABW and gave me an option to always allow. We'll see.

I got a newsletter saying that IE8 was going to have clickjacking protection built in. That's what got me interested.
    Jangro had a good blog post on it - http://www.jangro.com/a/2009/01/21/c...t-with-clicks/

ABW Ambassador
    Very informative blog post/screencast, thanks for the link Trust.

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    Turns out this plugin blocks anything and everything javascript, including your javascript links, ebay, goldencan, adsense, etc. Potentially an affiliate marketer's nightmare.

Personally, I don't think this noscript plugin will catch on too much though. Hope not.

Give it a try and then visit your own sites to see what I mean.
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

ABW Ambassador
    Yeah, I tried it out after reading about it on the blog and then I removed it minutes later. I'm not worried about clickjacking anyway, not something I would fall for.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead
    Turns out this plugin blocks anything and everything javascript, including your javascript links, ebay, goldencan, adsense, etc.
    Then this issue is much more critical than the brouhaha over the javascript links that Commnission Junction wanted everyone to use
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Quote Originally Posted by Trust
    Yeah, I tried it out after reading about it on the blog and then I removed it minutes later. I'm not worried about clickjacking anyway, not something I would fall for.
    I have disabled it for now also. I never realized there where so many scripts.

As far as "Not something I would fall for." In it's worse forms you couldn't avoid it. They can put a transparent layer over a normal form Submit button with another evil Submit laying right on top of the legit button. You go to hit the Submit and are actually clicking one that you can't see.

I don't worry to much about all the bad stuff attacking PCs. I would rather format and install windows occasionally than get eat up with anxiety.

I'm a sunblock kind of girl - I may love the sun - but hate getting a sunburn.

FF 3 with Adblock Plus, Flashblock and Scriptblock. It's pretty easy to allow as needed.

The Adblock Plus was installed because of the AT&T Yahoo email blinky flashy ads. Never would have been installed otherwise... Now its a must have and has helped many times in decisions I have made for design of my own sites

Flashblock - installed for the same reason as Adblock Plus

Scriptblock - love seeing what is running on the pages I visit. And it has saved me from having to reload Vista on many an occasion.

And I know many non-techies that have installed Adblock Plus and Flashblock - FF makes it too easy.
    CharPaula
    Staying focused on the bottomline

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread