Wait until you hear this one:

I get an email from one of the CJ merchants. If I go get a freebie ebook at Trail Pay they will up my commission or something like that ... the moron actually thinks I would send them traffic after receiving that email.

Sometime this weekend, I will go check all the places that I have up that actually convert ... if I find any toolbars anywhere ... they get no more traffic - crappy traffic or otherwise.

Looks like EBAY is really going to win this war in the end. They are not giving up their fees to some toolbar ... even if some of the people marketing on EBAY do.

Also, tomorrow - yeah it's Sunday - but affiliate marketing is 24/7, we are having a meeting with some VC guys about doing a new ad network ... some of the ideas we will be discussing are: What does the merchant pay? What does the affiliate get?
    No downloads are a given. Question is should we charge merchants CPM and pay affiliates CPM plus a percentage of sales or PPC plus a percentage of sales ... and such.

As affiliates, what do you WANT in an ad network besides honesty, transperancy
    and the like?

One other thing ... we have put in our proposal, that affiliates get a list of ALL orders
    as they are generated - so you know when and who bought what. Some of the merchants we have already talked to about this idea are luke warm about it. Some say NO ... but some say, it's just like we treat our outside sales reps when their efforts result in a sale. - so no big deal.

I am tired of all the blabbing ... time to take some action before we all starve to death in this depression.

Please keep us up to date. I so would like to have a list of all sales I make.

Gene
    TCS

If I go get a freebie ebook at Trail Pay they will up my commission or something like that ... the moron actually thinks I would send them traffic after receiving that email.
    Mind posting the full email here? I'm not quite sure I understand what the merchant sent, from your description.

4. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread