1ShoppingCart vs others
    As a newbie to affiliate marketing I have what I hope is not a stupid question. I see SaS as ubiquitious here at ABW and wonder if I should consider moving there from 1shoppingcart? We have been very satisfied with their service for several years but now I wonder.
    I know my webmaster will commit suicide if I ask him to move 250 products to a new service. If there a compelling reason to change?

http and a telephoto
    Shareasale network is for affiliate tracking only, I am pretty sure you can use it with 1shoppingcart. Shareasale does not have a shopping cart, so you don't "move" your products there. You add tracking code to your cart to track the affiliate referred sales.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

ShareASale would also consolidate your commission payments for you. I saw on your "announcement" post (very interesting products, by the way) that you are paying via PayPal. For that reason, alone, I would not consider promoting your products. I expect to be paid by check or direct deposit. ShareASale does a direct deposit into my business account every month. I do use (and basically trust) PayPal for some things - but not in the course of running my business.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Understanding SaS
    Thanks for the quick input guys.

As to PayPal, we are attempting to automate as much as possible from the beginning. Sending checks is a real pain but direct deposit is ok with us if it's automated.

Obviously I need to dig into SaS and see why it is so popular. 1ShoppingCart does have a decent affiliate program built in. At this point, I'm too ignorant to know why I need to add another service.

A note on my products. Over 13 years I have taken many thousands of repair photos making the repair programs the real McCoy. Lots of happy students out there. Seems that student concerns take up most of my time and limit the marketing effort. Hit a new high in sales this week.

http and a telephoto
    Your program is considered an "inhouse" program. Affiliates trust networks to collect payments and make them to them, plus the "minumums" are consolidated so they get one check across many merchants instead of many checks/payments from many sources. Networks make it easier for affiliates to find merchants, find links for those merchants, and manage who they make money for and where the money is coming from and how they get it.

If they join your independent program they need to remember to go check in for your links, check their stats and see if they are making any money. If they make money they need to trust you to pay them. Many affiliates will work with independent programs, but it has to be someone they have come to trust. Too many independent's fold without notice or don't pay, so affiliates are leery of them.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Hello

I use 3dcart, they are integrated with many affiliate programs such as shareasale, clixgalore, etc. They will, for a fee, migrate your entires site for you, adding products is easy, they are also integrated with paypal, google checkout or any payment processor you want to use. You can also mange your own affiliate program with them.

Al

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread