Clicks Track Sales Don't
    I am with a small merchant that had it's last Affiliate Sale July 2008. I have tried to help them over time with different problems over time since it's owner operated and no affiliate manager. The merchant was profitable for me for over a year and then poof.

The last compliance test was 15-Sep-08. I posted a support ticket to SAS and they tried to contact the merchant to no avail. Every now and then I try to make contact and then after months a reply comes.

Quote Originally Posted by Me
    What's up with xxxx xxxx? Is it dead? The last affiliate sale was in July 2008. I have tried to contact you repeatedly, and if this fails I'll be forced to drop xxxx xxxx.
    Quote Originally Posted by Merchant
    I am still alive. Sales are decent, but not great. I am not sure why you are not generating any sales.
    That's the total reply.

Now they are having "decent sales" and my clicks are tracking, but no affiliate sales. Merchants like this that will not respond to contacts from SAS should be terminated from the network.

I am currently having this same exact problem with a MAJOR merchant on CJ. They changed their terms and all sales have vanished since. Contacted them, no reply, contact CJ and they basically say, not our problem or your customer doesnt have cookies enabled, blah, blah,blah...Very aggravating to say the least...The sad part is that Ive only been at this for about 6 months and this was my first and only winner so far so now im back to square one with zilch for sales...I don't understand why these networks do not hold these merchants accountable but when you as an affiliate use a questionable link or redirect they are all over you threatening to yank commissions like white on rice....I don't get it....

ABW Ambassador
    It is possible that some BOOF designer has "misplaced" the code on their THANK YOU page. It is not uncommon! Hits count & sales do not.

On Feb 6, 2008 I received an email from the merchant (Kong Cable) saying that they "fixed the issue" and they are not "sure what happened. I contacted SAS on my open trouble ticket and they responded that they are unable to verify whether the merchant is tracking sales.

They ask me to ask the merchant to do a test order which I am finally getting around to today. Still no affiliate sales since the "fix". There are holes in this set up when a merchant can have good sales and the network and affiliates don't get credit.

Outsourced Program Manager
    Hi all;

From an affiliate managers point of view;

I dont know why so many affiliates have trouble with merchants and still stick with them. True,they might have been good at one time but things change. If there is trouble and you don't get the answer that satisfies you and the problem fixed, drop the merchant and move on. There are plenty of high quality merchants and great AM's out there.
    Richard
    Affiliate Marketing Manager AMWSO
    Digestinol, Luxe-Design

Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once we grow up. Pablo Picasso

I dont know why so many affiliates have trouble with merchants and still stick with them.
    In my case I got to know the owner in good times. Knowing he doesn't have an AM I try to help him, but you are right we should cut them loose sooner.

My concern is that the network technology hasn't evolved far enough to lop merchants off when they can't be verified as tracking. Why do affiliates have to work to prove tracking is working. The networks would seem to have a big interest too.

Outsourced Program Manager
    Affiliates shouldn't have to, That should be the job of the merchant/AM.
    Richard
    Affiliate Marketing Manager AMWSO
    Digestinol, Luxe-Design

Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once we grow up. Pablo Picasso

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread