Where can links be placed?
    Is it allowable to use affiliate links from off-site locations? For example, if we publish an article somewhere not on our website, can we use a merchant's shareasale link to promote their products from the article?

ABW Ambassador
    Sure it's OK but send them to your web page to pick up the link.
    An affiliate links can be ugly in print with a good chance to typos

EXAMPLE
    http://www.shareasale.com/r.cfm?u=sixNumbers
    &b=sixNumbers
    &m=sixNumbers
    &afftrack=

It really depends on the network. While SaS appears to explicitly prohibit the use of links anywhere but your own site:

Shareasale Affiliate Service Agreement

LINK PLACEMENT

As an Affiliate of the Service, you may place and remove Merchant Links on Your site and in acceptable locations.

You place our merchants banners anywhere on your site as you see fit, or within non-spam emails.....

......NOT ALLOWED: All other uses of banners or links, such as newsgroups, chat rooms, ICQ, message boards, banner networks, hit farms, counters, or guestbooks etc. are NOT allowed.
    I interpret the All Other Uses to mean, all other uses including "article somewhere not on our website".

CJ and LS require additional approval to distribute links on sites other than your own. Read the TOS for the appropriate networks that you are using and when in doubt contact them for further clarification.

The best advice is as Adam said, send them to your website first.

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

Hi,

I am new here but I have a question that may be along these lines. My question relates to redistribution of a a merchants widget form code.

Basically the situation is, I am the Owner/Lead Developer of an open source auto classifieds script and one of the merchants I have selected to promote is, Ship any Car, LLC. They have some form code provided which I had to modify quite a bit to make it valid markup (but that's another post).

What I want to do is create a module for my auto classifieds script and allow my scripts users the ability to use this pre-configured module in their own setup of my script.

Does anyone see any issues with this approach as my website gets a little over 2000 unique visitors a month and I would be able to get far greater penetration by releasing a module since I get about 25 downloads a day or almost 9000 downloads a year.

Thanks for any opinions on this matter
    Brandon

Never mind I emailed the merchant and they said it was A'OK with them

Outsourced Program Manager
    Always best to email the Merchant and ask them
    Richard
    Affiliate Marketing Manager AMWSO
    Digestinol, Luxe-Design

Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once we grow up. Pablo Picasso

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread