Question Best Sports Team Site Host
    Hi and thanks in advance for any suggestions and recommendations you offer on this thread.

What host would be best for a sports team site? In honor of the Pittsburgh Steelers victory in Super Bowl XLIII, I will use them as an example.

Pretend you were starting a site dedicated to the Pittsburgh Steelers. Sort of a "blog" style site. You wanted it to look nice, but be easy to set-up and maintain. You intended to use mostly banner ads. What host would be best? I am not the most computer literate guy in the world or in this room for that matter. And I am alone in the room at the moment.

I know HostGator gets a lot praise in this forum, but would they be good for this type of site? Or are there other suggestions, recommendations or advice anyone would like to give? It would be greatly appreciated. I might even send you a Christmas Card. I doubt it though.

Again, thanks in advance.

There's a very similar thread going on about this right now regarding hosts...

As stated in the other thread, have a look at this poll regarding hosts:

http://forum.abestweb.com/poll.php?d...lts&pollid=900

The content for the site doesn't matter when choosing a host (unless it's adult content, and then you may need to check the host's Ts & Cs). Personally, I've used BlueHost for quite a while and am happy with them.

Hope that helps.

Thanks EricTyler.

I may know of a sports site that could handle your requests...

btw: nice early Super Bowl prediction!!!
    Jason Rubacky - CEO/SEO Nerd at PassTheSEO
    jason at passtheseo dot com
    @jasonrubacky

Thanks Jason. I had the Steelers by 7 and they won by 4. I have only done 10 NFL Predictions on that site this season. Went an amazing 10-0 this season. Wish I could do that well in the other predictions. LOL!!! Trust me, Football Fanatics is the only Sports Gear Company I want to be affiliated with, as long as you'll have me. I have a lot of expanding I want to do before next season. I think it will prove to be very benefical to both of us. I was affiliated with several "big name" companies for the first 18 months I was doing this. Dropped them, found FF and couldn't be happier. Great company. They have a really dedicated Affiliate Marketing Manager and that makes all the difference.

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Snowfinch,

To answer your question, my sports blog, emphasizing LA sports teams, is hosted with Hostgator, and all has worked well. I, too, focus on the creative and am limited when it comes to the technical, and thus seek out avenues and solutions that require the least technical expertise.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

Thanks AffiliateHound. I'm probably going with HostGator, too. I have heard a lot of great things about them. I have always worked on "free" sites and so I wasn't sure if one host might cater better to a sports site than another. Seems, a niche doesn't really matter as far as which host to use. So, I'm gonna go with the most popular host on here, HostGator. Thanks for the imput. Especially with you having a sport site on there already.

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread