Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Which Sharesale Merchants plan to keep out Toolbars?
    Any of the Merchants here at Shareasale plan to keep toolbars out of their program?

Outsourced Program Manager
    HipsandCurves.com

JustNaturalSkinCare.com

RudyMaxasWorld.com

iThreads (not yet launched)

Dakim (not yet launched)
    Jack Kotowski • Certified Affiliate Manager • OPM/Agency - program details: ABestWeb Forum of JackMarketing
    Managing affiliate programs since 1997 | Google Profile - JackMarketing
    Built Zappos.com to #1!!JackMarketing on Twitter and other social media networks • Inquiries: www.JackMarketing.com

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Come on merchants, ams, OPMs - get on THIS bandwagon - and I guarantee it will get you new affiliate sign-ups!!!!!
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

Outsourced Program Manager
    Digestinol/ Hotels by city
    Richard
    Affiliate Marketing Manager AMWSO
    Digestinol, Luxe-Design

Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once we grow up. Pablo Picasso

Outsourced Program Manager DaveAMWSO's Avatar
    Baghaus
    [B]Dave Oliver[/B] - AMWSO Affiliate Program Management Team
    [URL=http://www.amwso.com]www.amwso.com[/URL] | dave [at] amwso.com | AIM: DaveOliPM | Twitter: [URL=https://twitter.com/daveolipm]@daveolipm[/URL] |
    Programs: [URL=http://www.amwso.com/artoftea.php] Art of Tea[/URL] | [URL=http://www.amwso.net/affiliatet/eachbuyer-affiliate-program/]Eachbuyer[/URL] | [URL=https://www.facebook.com/amwso]AMWSO FB[/URL]

Affiliate Manager PetsWarehouse.com's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HardwareGeek
    I am glad I don't promote SAS merchants, .......
    Even though I don't promote SAS merchants
    Mike since you don't, why are you so vocal, what's you interest?
    Bob Pets Warehouse
    Worlds Largest Pet Supply DataBase
    Join our Share-A-Sale Program [since 2003] Twitter

So that everyone can know which companies are ok to partner with.
    There are thousands of other members who who probably want to know, which of you merchants are following brian into the toolbartopia, and which of you are taking the high road.

Why am I so vocal? A lot of people are afraid to be vocal and I am not someone who bites their tongue and looks the other way.

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    All AMWSO SAS merchants will remain free of Toolbars / BHOs.

Cheers

Chris
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris - AMWSO
    All AMWSO SAS merchants will remain free of Toolbars / BHOs.

Cheers

Chris
    One more good reason for me to promote AMWSO merchants

All programs managed by AM Navigator will remain free of parasitic toolbars.

Geno

15 years and counting
    Thanks for your position against parasitic toolbars, Geno. I appreciate.
    Same for the other merchants and OPMs.

Quote Originally Posted by Geno Prussakov

Geno
    Geno,
    I hate to parse your words like this. But there have been a lot of carefully chosen words used in the last week. You specifically state your programs will remain free of 'parasitic toolbars', May we presume you mean any and all toolbars or would a 'customer service' toolbar be acceptable to AM Navigator?
    Last edited by knight01; February 3rd, 2009 at 01:17 AM.
    Someday starts today
    Military Discounts

15 years and counting
    I wrote my praise after reading Geno position on Toolbars and his post at ABW
    http://www.amnavigator.com/blog/2009...ate-marketing/
    I believe he is against all kind of toolbars "I am, however, in agreement with those affiliate marketers that see the dangers of allowing toolbar affiliates in."
    But, you're right about the term 'parasitic toolbars'

Quote Originally Posted by Geno Prussakov

Geno
    Great stuff Geno!

Outsourced Program Manager Patrick - AMWSO's Avatar
    Emitations.com & GoodOrient.com... both AMWSO.com merchants, will remain be 'Toolbar' free.

Cheers,
    Patrick
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. MSN - goodfellowpat@hotmail.com ::: www.amwso.com Get our RSS News Feed here - feeds.feedburner.com/AMWSO
    My Affiliate Marketing Programs :
    EverSmoke.com - SouthBeachSmoke.com, My music production site.

First:

"HardwareGeek"

Thank you very, very, very much for making this thread. I know I very, very much appreciate it and am sure all of the others do, too.

Second:
    Thank you very, very, very much to Jack, Richard, Dave, Patrick, Chris (and the other amwso guys) and Geno. (am assuming the same as Zeus ) Definitely very, very, very much appreciated.

knight01 - altho I think I'm assuming correctly, yeap... do agree with ya. There definitely have been some very carefully chosen words spoken during all of this and also some very much not spoken words not bein said.....that are makin me a bit nervous and disappointed.

Thank you again HardwareGeek and to those affiliate managers in this thread

Quote Originally Posted by knight01
    Geno,
    I hate to parse your words like this. But there have been a lot of carefully chosen words used in the last week. You specifically state your programs will remain free of 'parasitic toolbars', May we presume you mean any and all toolbars or would a 'customer service' toolbar be acceptable to AM Navigator?
    knight01, my thought-provoking friend,

I knew you were gonna spot it and ask for clarifications. There is a short, and a long answer to your question about my choice of words.

Short Answer: Correct. We are not open to working with any affiliate toolbars at this time.

Long Answer: Since no toolbar is by definition parasitic, I have to specify what exactly I stand against. At this time, I do not know of any technology that could effectively police, and intervene with (a) the parasitic behavior of affiliate toolbars, and (b) the channel cannibalization that Chris has talked about. Do I allow room for such a technology to emerge in the future? Definitely. Until then - I do stand against all toolbars.

This discussion of will come and go (hopefully with constructive outcome for all parties), but my above statement will stay. Hence, the need to choose my words carefully.

Geno

As they are now, we don't plan to allow toolbars either. The toolbars we know of are parasitic in nature and go against what we stand for. If the toolbar activates (pops, blinks, notifies the user, etc.) on any traffic they don't generate themselves, we consider them parasitic. We don't see the value they claim to bring to the affiliate program or our clients. I'm anxious to tune in on the call today but don't see how this can change my opinion.
    Greg Rice Affiliate Program Management
    www.gocmc.com info(AT)gocmc.com | 330-259-1223

Join us! - MiNeeds.com | DiscountCandleShop/CheeseSupply | Feng Shui Plaza

As they are now, we don't plan to allow toolbars either. The toolbars we know of are parasitic in nature and go against what we stand for. If the toolbar activates (pops, blinks, notifies the user, etc.) on any traffic they don't generate themselves, we consider them parasitic. We don't see the value they claim to bring to the affiliate program or our clients. I'm anxious to tune in on the call today but don't see how this can change my opinion.
    Great stand Thank you Greg!

WOw....I am not a part of SAS, but can i ask since we know that AM's on ABW ROCKt!!! what are the programs that ARE involved? Is that another thread? thnx peace
    Wear Short Sleeves!!! Support the right to bare arms!

Quote Originally Posted by jodyq
    WOw....I am not a part of SAS, but can i ask since we know that AM's on ABW ROCKt!!! what are the programs that ARE involved? Is that another thread? thnx peace
    A thread about merchants that are involved with toolbars would not be a thread.

It would take a book to be written to list all the merchants that allow affiliates with toolbars into their programs.

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

Cosmedicine.com
    Visionman.com
    Silicon Mountain Memory(smmdirect.com)
    Upgradememory.com

we are in the processes of revising our TOS's to make clear that Toolbars are not allowed.

Quote Originally Posted by mayfly
    One more good reason for me to promote AMWSO merchants
    I had never heard of Chris or AMWSO before I carefully started following the toolbar thread (I don't spend much time here). His stance on the issue and reputation in the community will have me looking looking into his merchants in the near future.

Gart

Quote Originally Posted by Gartwynn
    I had never heard of Chris or AMWSO before I carefully started following the toolbar thread (I don't spend much time here). His stance on the issue and reputation in the community will have me looking looking into his merchants in the near future.

Gart
    You definitely won't be sorry. They represent some great merchants and are a fine group. Communication is important in this business and Chris and the gang at AMWSO provide service and communication you will like.

You should also take a good look at Geno and AM Navigator, another first class OPM.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Quote Originally Posted by Gartwynn

Gart
    Hi Gart

Thank you, please do drop me (chris /at/ amwso.net) or the team an email any time, we're here to help

Chris and the gang at AMWSO provide service and communication you will like.
    Thank you Bill.

Cheers

Chris
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast