Never Seen This Before
    I've had spammers use my e-mail address before, but I've never seen them with my name on them.. Today, I've received dozens of bounced e-mails with my hotmail address and with my name in the from line.

The e-mail itself is promoting a Chinese computer company and originating IP is from a Chinese ISP.

Normally, I would have just deleted them, but using my name really pi$$ed me off. I've reported them to several sources. I figure it's a coin toss whether I stop them or open myself to even more spam.

I'm wondering, is this a form of identity theft, should I be proactive about it, or should I just leave it along and hope it goes away.

I've seen them use my email address in the "from" field, so it seems like I was sending myself an email. Is that what you are referring to?

Probably if you send out your email with your actual name in the "to" box that is prolly why you see your name. I would imagine it's some sorta script they use that just copies your email name or email addy in to the "from" field.

I spent half the day today trying to combat spam working on the .htaccess, wordpress, etc. so I hate them all..... scum of the scums!

I use my first name in hotmail account, I use this for business only. I use a yahoo account for signups when I worry about spam.

I never have used my last name in any e-mail from field.

4. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread