ABW Ambassador
    Affiliatebot is a scam?
    I would like to warn everyone about affiliatebot and the fact that they suspended my account without any warning or information as to why they suspended the account until several days after I contacted them about it.

I signed up with Affiliatebot a few weeks ago because I wanted to take a look at a merchant that is there and nowhere else.
    There are some good merchants there, but there are also some shady merchants there as well.

I joined a few merchants and decided to test out the links, and I ended up using one of my own links to purchase something (not at all unusual)
    I then found that my account had been suspended, with no warnings.

Several days later I got a reply back stating (there contact procedure is lacking):

"It has come to our attention that invalid clicks/transactions have been generated on the ads on your web pages. We have therefore suspended your AffiliateBOT account."

How the heck is an affiliate supposed to test the network tracking if they are not allowed to purchase through their own links? So no test purchases?

What are they worried about?

Stay away from Affiliatebot. I have read a lot of the threads from the past about Affiliatebot, they should be avoided.

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    They specify that you can't make transactions through your own links. Test leads are generally banned but it is kind of unreasonable and unusual to ban test sales - after all, a sale is a sale. Also kind of unreasonable to boot you rather than simply negate the commission and send you an email.
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead
    They specify that you can't make transactions through your own links. Test leads are generally banned but it is kind of unreasonable and unusual to ban test sales - after all, a sale is a sale. Also kind of unreasonable to boot you rather than simply negate the commission and send you an email.

I have no problem with a merchant (or network) removing commission from a test purchase.

It is just the fact that I was booted with no warning. They could have just reversed the commission.

If a merchant has a 120 day cookie and you are testing the links, and then 90 days later you want to buy something for your wife, and you go to the merchant site, your purchase will trigger the tracking cookie, so you are buying from your own link.

This gets you booted from a network? That is stupid.

1. The same happened to another ABW affiliate (use search)
    2. They had a forum here that was removed with cause (prior to #1 above)

They are currently illegally stealing our content and re-purposing it on various sites to drive traffic to them / their forum.
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

I'm always suspicious of businesses that hide behind private domain registrations. Not to worry, their contact details are:

Ratchaga, Ezer ezer@pc.jaring.my
    58 Lorong Pakis 2
    Taman Fern Grove,
    NA 43200,
    Malaysia
    +1.60390745057
    Here are some other domains they run fyi.
    Innovative advertising with Slimeware Corporation and Telephore. Mail-order fuel with Petrol Direct.

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    Seems like this was a blessing in disguise Julian. At least you didn't waste too much time with this bunch.
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

Thumbs up
    Thanks for the scam warning..

Thanks for the heads up!

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread