Hechinger Hardware Out Of Business?
    Wow, I somehow missed the fact that Hechinger Hardware is no more? Did anyone see an announcement? Their datafeed is still being delivered, but when you go to their site you get this:

http://www.hechinger.com/web/closed.aspx
    Merchants, any data you provide to Google Shopping should also be in your affiliate network datafeed. More data means more sales!

According to google cache, their site w/products was still up on Jan. 29th. Closed since then I guess.

They sent out an email to affiliates. There was also 2 of their other stores, Pool Click and another.

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    What kind of products are you looking to sell?

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Hamrick
    What kind of products are you looking to sell?
    I sell most mainstream consumer products, currently 30 million of them. BTW, I do a pass through CJ, GAN, LinkShare, ShareASale programs with datafeeds about once every 2-3 months and join programs. Datafeeds must have UPC|ISBN or MPN/Manufacturer information in order for the products to show on my price comparison site. I don't sell clothes/shoes. More like electronics, computers, health, beauty, kitchen, home, garden, tools, automotive, etc.
    Merchants, any data you provide to Google Shopping should also be in your affiliate network datafeed. More data means more sales!

Google Affiliate Network Rep Google Affiliate Network Moderator's Avatar
    Hello,

Below is the noticed mailed on 1/28. Chuck has some great tool properties

Thanks!

Jamie

You are receiving this email because of your relationship with one or more of these properties: Hechinger, PoolClick, and FlooringStore.

This email is to inform you that Hechinger, PoolClick, and FlooringStore, subsequent sites of Home Decor Products, INC., are closing. Hechinger and PoolClick are closing January 29th, 2009 and FlooringStore is closing effective February 5th, 2009. Home Decor Properties, INC. has elected to close these URLs in order to focus on expanding sales and increasing conversion on a more consolidated list of sites: HomeClick, AbsoluteHome, ChefsCorner, Knobs & Things, ChristmasCatalog, and Barbecues.

As of January 29th, all links on Hechinger, PoolClick, and FlooringStore will be redirected to HomeClick and all links will be expired on February 13th, 2009. If you are an affiliate of HomeClick, all sales generated through these links will be valid. If you are not a current member of HomeClick, please join here when you are logged into your ConnectCommerce account.

Home Decor Products, INC. would like thank you for driving business to Hechinger, PoolClick, and FlooringStore. All of Home Decor Products, INC.'s other sites will remain up and running, business as usual, and Home Decor Products, INC. looks forward to continuing a productive partnership with you on one or more of their additional affiliate sites.

Thank you and please feel free to direct inquiries to:
    Moira Connelly
    mconnelly@hdpi.com

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread