Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    4checks changed all links
    I have many sites build around 4checks. Only recently that I discovered that 4checks have changed all the product links. I thought I had an error on my part but after checking other sites, I confirm that 4checks changed the product id link.

example:
    [removed links]

Both will direct you to some lame bear instead of kimono. I believe hundred of other affiliates will be affected by your link change. You cant expect us to manually change thousands of affiliate links do you?
    Last edited by Merchant Consultant Team; February 4th, 2009 at 09:09 AM.

Thought I was gonna be 4 for 4 this morning. lol

Don't recall exactly which links they were but there was an email a while back bout having to change certain ones. Mine were made by either the "Make a page" or individual product links.....the kind ya just pick out from seein them at SAS. Just went and checked four different ones for ya and mine are all goin to the correct product.

Possibly you may have to update your datafeed (altho I don't do em so not sure how they work) and that may fix the problem. Hope that resolves the problem for ya.

"some lame bear"
    I'll give ya a pass on that one and figure you really didn't mean to speak bad of bears. lol

Thanks for the heads up, their datafeed was updated on 22nd jan...
    - Sunil

[SIZE=1]The impossibility of today is a hint of what shall be...[/SIZE]

Affiliate Manager Howard Gottlieb's Avatar
    Good grief.

In the good old days Kim would have made sure everyone knew EVERYTHING was changing.

Shows the need for good communication between affiliate and affiliate manager.
    I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die
    to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there
    isn't and die to find out there is.

Affiliate Manager
    I am sorry for any confusion here. I am currently looking into the issue since we have not changed any of our links. I will be sure to update you as soon as I identify the issue.

Kathy-Ann Viau
    4checks Affiliate Manager

ABW Ambassador
    those affiliate links should be removed from the first post

FYI all of the images load properly. It is only the destination link.

But man that hurts.

No telling what commissions were lost : (

Hello? Knock-Knock...Kathy Ann, Tatiana? Anybody home?

Some affiliates could sure use an explanation of what's going on. Database changes - total? Partial?

A bit of advance warning, in both email and ABW posts would be good. This is the most productive quarter of the year for Checks sales. We should try to maximize those sales with accurate marketing advice.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Affiliate Manager
    Bill,

My IT team is looking into it. I am not sure as to the scope of the issue. My best guess is that it is partial since I have tested a few more of the links and they go to the correct destination page. We did not have any changes to our database that I am aware of. As I posted before as soon as I have some information I will let you know.

Kathy-Ann

Holey Crap!! I hope you guyz are dropping everything to get this resolved in the next couple of hours.

As for me, I just checked a dozen of my links. They all land correctly. BUT I have not updated feeds lately. So look at your feed for the source of the problem ...now.

Affiliate Manager
    Yes everything is on hold till we resolve this. I already looked at the datafeed and the landing pages are accurate.

If you are having issues with your destination pages please let me know if you are on the ShareASale network or the Kowabunga! (MyAP) network.

Kathy-Ann

SAS for me

Cool
    no problems here: using SAS and GoldenCAN

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    Kathy, I use the datafeed download on SAS. My links are not directing to the correct landing pages using a datafeed that was downloaded on 8/19/08. They used to work so apparently something has redirected the links since then.

I'm checking the current datafeed to see if those links go the correct landing page and so far, so good. So it seems that the problem is with the version of the datafeed that existed prior to this most recent update. The newest datafeed appears to be good.

Affiliate Manager
    Thanks Rhea I'm looking into it with the networks as well.

Any progress??? You need to restore the old links or somehow redirect them quickly.

Kathy
    Don't know if this will help you any at all but as I said in my previous post I get my links from either the "Make a page" or individual product links.....the kind ya just pick out from seein them at SAS.

I have about 60 or so individual links. Had checked 5 or so before and just checked another random 5 and all of mine are correctly goin to their pages. Don't know if that helps to tell ya anything bout the problem or not.

Umm, if whatever you do does mess up my links that aren't now....umm knowing how this day's goin lol could end up as a possibility lol could you please post that.

Hope it gets resolved soon for the rest of you.

Affiliate Manager
    We're making some progress but we are still working on it. Howard, are you currently using the recent datafeed to update links? It seems that these links are working correctly from the feed. If not, in order to redirect these we need to identify why they are going to the wrong landing pages for some but not all products.

ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran Brian - ShareASale's Avatar
    All,

We are aware of it and working with 4checks as well - updates as soon as we have anything.
    Thanks,

Brian Littleton
    President/CEO - ShareASale.com, Inc.

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    I'm holding off on updating the datafeed until I hear whether a rollback will be performed or the new datafeed links will be updated with the old datafeed links -- or something else is done.

Affiliate Manager
    We have identified the issue and are working with ShareASale to resolve it quickly. The issue was due to discontinued products taken off the data feed and the new ID number was not being recognized correctly within the network. We have worked out a plan to avoid this problem in the future.

In discussions with SAS we feel it would be best to update your site with the new data feed since this is the most current inventory of our products. It is very important that you continually use the most updated data feed so that we can avoid issues like this in the future.

Thank you for your patience with this issue.
    Kathy-Ann

So are you fixing it or do we need to stop what we are doing and change our sites?

Affiliate Manager
    We've identified the issue but feel it is best for the affiliates to update their site with the current SAS data feed. This way it accurately reflects the product inventory as it is today.

Network Rep & ABW Ambassador Carolyn - ShareASale's Avatar
    Hey guys,

Kathy-Ann and I spent most of this morning digging into this, and it looks like the error actually went back quite a ways...What happened was - when products were discontinued, the old ID number was matched to a different product. ShareASale updates datafeeds based on those ID numbers, and that's what caused the funky redirection.

I know you're going to hate hearing this, but I agree with Kathy-Ann and think the best solution would be to update your sites with the new datafeed, because there are a bunch of new products in there anyway. And, heck, if your links aren't broken, then maybe it's not a TOP priority, but don't you want all the new stuff anyway?

Anyway, I'm glad we got to the root of the issue and all will be solid going forward!

ok...wanna make sure I'm understanding both Carolyn and Kathy ....a fellow Kathy who spells it with a K

I don't remember when I made up the links that are on my site now. Have checked 10 or so outa the 60 at random and all of em are goin to their correct pages. I like all of em cos they're for teddy bears, puppies, kitties, etc. sooooo new doesn't really matter cos I like the ones I've got just fine now

Since I made em with the Make a page or ind. prod. tool.....do I still have to change em? May sound that way, but am not complaining just ummmm would rather not have to change links if the ones that I like are on my site now and working. I'll change em if they have to be, tho.....just am tryin to find out if necessary. ??

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast