Thread: Reminder of buy.at's stance on toolbars...

Affiliate Network Rep
    Reminder of buy.at's stance on toolbars...
    Our team has received questions with regards to buy.at’s stance on toolbars.

Simply put, we do not allow toolbars into the network that overwrite affiliate cookies, flash reminders, pop-ups, etc. or interfere with a customer’s web experience in any way under any circumstances. We make every effort to prevent these activities by scrutinizing every network application. In addition, we have a well versed Network Quality team that reviews and tests promotional activities for the protection of our merchant and affiliate partners. Rest assured that violations to our network terms and conditions are each carefully reviewed and dealt with swiftly, resulting in direct removal from the network.

At buy.at, we place onus on our affiliate partners to read and understand our terms and conditions, and our team is readily available to address questions via email, telephone, IM and forum postings. Feel free to reach out to any of us here should you have any questions.

c3

15 years and counting
    Thanks for the clear stance on toolbars.

Bravo, Charlie. Buy.at's firm and ethical stance will help you attract many affiliates and new merchants.

Your team rocks. But you already knew that, didn't you?
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    Thank you. I will begin reviewing opportunities with Buy.at -
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

Thank you Charlie and all the rest of the Buy.at gang for your stand on this issue. Have joined several of your programs already and in the process of placing links on my site and ummmm tryin to figure out your links.... This year I made up my mind is the year for me to tackle em so will get there soon..... Have some of your regular ole links on my site but gonna get brave and tackle the more product specific ones. Thanks again for your stand

Affiliate Network Rep ayakobing's Avatar
    Hi purplebear,

If you have any difficulties, please feel free to contact me anytime.

Ayako

Affiliate Manager Howard Gottlieb's Avatar
    I too will take a look at your merchants.
    I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die
    to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there
    isn't and die to find out there is.

I just tried to get more info on buy.at/us and the url is down??

Affiliate Network Rep
    try this link

www.buyat.com

It's good to work where people take pest control seriously

ABW Ambassador
    Thanks BuyAt team.

I've with BuyAt for a little while. Joined three merchants, one has generated a few sales. Not much, but at least I know my commission won't be stolen by thiefbars.

Affiliate Manager
    Good to know. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie.Calabrese
    Simply put, we do not allow toolbars into the network that overwrite affiliate cookies, flash reminders, pop-ups, etc. or interfere with a customer’s web experience in any way under any circumstances.
    Is this still the case? I've been hearing rumbling about an influx of toolbars and parasites at Buy.at. Please tell me it isn't so.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Affiliate Network Rep
    Hi Michael

I am the Network Quality Manager at buy.at and I would be very interested in finding out about any toolbars or parasiteware on the buy.at network. Whilst we do have a very strict approval process in place good affiliates can turn bad and these can sometimes be difficult to identify. When my team is notified of such an affiliate they are investigated imediately and any software tested. We continue to take the issue of toolbars very seriously and those who distribute them are dealt with accordingly.

Warm Regards
    Jon
    jon.brown@buy.at

Online Marketing Consultant
    Quote Originally Posted by jon.brown
    Hi Michael

I am the Network Quality Manager at buy.at and I would be very interested in finding out about any toolbars or parasiteware on the buy.at network. Whilst we do have a very strict approval process in place good affiliates can turn bad and these can sometimes be difficult to identify. When my team is notified of such an affiliate they are investigated imediately and any software tested. We continue to take the issue of toolbars very seriously and those who distribute them are dealt with accordingly.

Warm Regards
    Jon
    jon.brown@buy.at

I'm sending you an email and sent one to Charles last night. I found a ton of stuff when I launched a program on your network. Still love your Network and am hopefully launching 5 programs on the UK one, just hard to get them to respond back to me lol.
    Adam Riemer Marketing, LLC. Online Marketing Blog and Affiliate Management Company
    Do you need help with your Marketing or Sales funneling, write me at adamr (at) adamriemer (dot) me

Quote Originally Posted by mayfly
    Thanks BuyAt team.

I've with BuyAt for a little while. Joined three merchants, one has generated a few sales. Not much, but at least I know my commission won't be stolen by thiefbars.
    Maybe I'm misunderstanding something, but if a merchant also belongs to another network that allows toolbar parasites, your commission could still be stolen once your visitor lands at the merchant's site.
    Renée
    Pay no attention to that woman behind the curtain. -Wizardress of Oz

I'd like to rephrase what I wrote. I found a few things on their Network that I disagreed with, and Buy.at also brought one toolbar that I had missed to my attention. Also, I sent an email to Charles after 10pm and he did get back to me this morning. He has always been very responsive. Also, Jon wrote back to me very quickly.
    Adam Riemer Marketing, LLC. Online Marketing Blog and Affiliate Management Company
    Do you need help with your Marketing or Sales funneling, write me at adamr (at) adamriemer (dot) me

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by JoyUnltd
    Maybe I'm misunderstanding something, but if a merchant also belongs to another network that allows toolbar parasites, your commission could still be stolen once your visitor lands at the merchant's site.
    Did you notice the OP and my response was made back early this year?

Affiliate Network Rep
    First, let me say hi to everyone and thanks for taking the time to read this thread and post your points of view.

Normally my take on most matters is to let people express their opinions, gain insight into their points of view and gain a better understanding of how others see things.

In this instance I need to do a bit more than listen. I need to dispute some points made by Rollerblader (RB) in this thread.

RB was a contact for one of our merchants for a short period of time. During that time, a URL Reclamation vendor requested our Affiliate Development Team make an intro to in the interest of working with them through the affiliate channel. The opportunity was declined, and as such died at that point.

Later we brought it to the attention of RB that an affiliate had applied to the program and was running a toolbar, and that this affiliate had come to us thru another network of sites. As such we tested said toolbar, found it to be non-malicious with regards to overwriting cookies or other marketing channels. Once again problem solved and addressed in a very timely fashion.

Shortly after this interaction RB departed from his role with this merchant.

Which brings us to more recent threads. I received an email at 10:30 PM from RB, wanting to discuss toolbars within our network. Today I replied via email asking for specifics. He asked that we have that conversation over the phone rather than over email.

Since, RB and Kim Salvino have had a discussion where RB pointed out the issues which had been resolved historically and shared that another affiliate, who we will not mention out of respect to that affiliate, has deployed a toolbar. As a network, we are reviewing this outstanding question. The simple fact is that no network is 100% clean – though there are several that certainly strive to be just that.

We, here at buy.at, take a great deal of pride in our responsiveness and network cleanliness. RB's comments and opinions are certainly respected, as we are here to listen and help in any way we can, as a network.

On a personal note, buy.at is completely open to suggestions from anyone on any aspect of our network. Additionally, we are constantly on the look out for issues on our network. If you see any questionable affiliates using buy.at links, please let me know. My email address is below.

Regards,

Charlie Calabrese
    Charles.Calabrese[at]buy.at

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey
    Is this still the case? I've been hearing rumbling about an influx of toolbars and parasites at Buy.at. Please tell me it isn't so.
    I got some further details and installed the toolbars to test them, and I couldn't reproduce any bad behavior.

If anyone has any examples of toolbar affiliates active at buy.at that they don't want to discuss publicly, feel free to email or PM me the details and I'd be glad to check them out and/or post in this thread about them. (It sounds like buy.at is very receptive to responding either publicly or privately, as well.)
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Buy.at has been very responsive and I have no doubts they will not take action if they find something that violates their T&Cs.

Affiliate Network Rep
    Michael and Rollerblader...thank you both for the time on this...we are eager to be as open and clean a network as possible. Should you or anyone else find any questionable issues on buy.at please let us know.

c3

23. Newsletter Signup