Newbie Has Question Regarding Daily Datafeed
    I am not an affiliate, rather I'll be opening an ecommerce store but using a datafeed for my inventory. I receive this datafeed on a daily basis from my wholesaler and I can then get it into Excel.

I'll have a lot of changes to this datafeed. For example, I want to edit some of the product descriptions, but once done, that is the description I want to use for that particular product from then on. So what happens on a daily basis? Some days this particular product might not be available, other times it will.

I also want to change the retail price of many of the products, because the ones my wholesaler shows are out of date in many cases. It's to my benefit to show the true and more expensive retail price and then to show MY price. How can I make these changes and have them last when my datafeed comes in daily?

I also wish to change the images in some cases. I have images from another supplier I prefer in some instances. Can I reference this image location in place of the image location reference in the datafeed? Can I do this ONE time and have it always show this change?

These are my concerns regarding using WebMerge for this ecommerce site. Because I am dealing with a daily datafeed and because I want to make a lot of chnages and have those changes stick, I am wondering if WebMerge is the product I need to be using or must I have this programmed instead in a different type of application such as MYSQL?

BTW, I am going to have upwards of 5,000 products, so changing this stuff manually on a daily basis is impossible.

Thanks!

Affiliate Manager
    WebMerge can handle the publishing part of this well enough, but the tough part is the management of the feed itself.

I may have some parts around here which can help with that too -- I'll drop you a PM to see what we can put together for you.
    Richard Gaskin
    Developer of WebMerge: Publish any data feed on any site
    http://www.fourthworld.com

Affiliate Manager
    Hmmmm..turns out your account here on ABW won't accept PMs. Please send me an email and I'll reply to that: ambassador@fourthworld.com

Thanks!
    Richard Gaskin
    Developer of WebMerge: Publish any data feed on any site
    http://www.fourthworld.com

4. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread