iPhone app to check stats for cj, adsense, sas, ebay, amazon, etc.
    Would there be any interest from anyone in an iPhone/iPod touch app that would let you check your numbers from cj, amazon, ebay, adsense, etc. in one place? I just got an iPod touch and am just figuring out how to program for it (objective-c!?), so there is no danger of this appearing next week or anything. On the other hand, if I do decide to build an app, it would be nice if it was something someone actually might us.

I am NOT trying to sneak in free advertising here. If I do build this thing, I'll behave and buy an ad like everyone else (or just mention it in my sig are start posting a lot more). I am notoriously cheap, but also try to play by the rules.

Anyway, if there is interest, I'd love to hear about it. I'll probably be working on it anyway for myself, but I'll make it nicer and prettier if others might also want it.

-John.
    There's a reason army's wear uniforms even though it makes them easier to spot. Sometimes that's what you want. Uniforms suggest organization, power, and numbers. These, in turn, inspire fear. And, as any good operative knows, there is no more effective weapon than fear.

Hosting Comparison - HostScope - jrrl.com

Without a doubt I'd pay for an app like that. I assume you'd start with making it available for affiliates, but you could also make a version that's specific to merchants. I'm sure both groups would love to be able to check stats on their iphone while standing in line at the grocery store. (I know I would!)

There is already an app called Affiliate Stats on the App Store that lets you check your stats for DirectTrack-based networks like affiliate.com, Clickbooth, Ads4Dough, Copeac, Market Leverage, Convert2Media, etc.

Good to know, thanks! I'll check it out.

interesting
    Ma, where the beer? :escape:

Quote Originally Posted by JoshTodd
    There is already an app called Affiliate Stats on the App Store that lets you check your stats for DirectTrack-based networks like affiliate.com, Clickbooth, Ads4Dough, Copeac, Market Leverage, Convert2Media, etc.
    Yeah, I've seen that one, but since it only does DirectTrack stuff, it leaves out all of CJ, SaS, Google, and LS, as well as Amazon and eBay. I want to make one that starts with those and then add more with upgrades. In any case, it wouldn't be the first time apps competed; look at the number of flashlights! (Also, the two so-so adsense apps.)

-John.
    There's a reason army's wear uniforms even though it makes them easier to spot. Sometimes that's what you want. Uniforms suggest organization, power, and numbers. These, in turn, inspire fear. And, as any good operative knows, there is no more effective weapon than fear.

Hosting Comparison - HostScope - jrrl.com

Way back, I developed a toolbar that did this - it even tabulated the amounts from the diff networks and kicked out all adword spends for net amounts in virtually real time -- while in Beta I was told that CJ would report me as a DDoS. I learned a really valuable lesson that day, a real expensive one.

There are services that do this now, so I'm assuming their position has changed. I think the app will be cool and with teh iPhone even cooler GUI wise.
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

Quote Originally Posted by Haiko de Poel, Jr.
    Way back, I developed a toolbar that did this - it even tabulated the amounts from the diff networks and kicked out all adword spends for net amounts in virtually real time -- while in Beta I was told that CJ would report me as a DDoS.
    Haiko, didn't know you were so talented! Sounds cool and too bad it didn't pan out then.

Anyone know of any secure way to check these stats on the iphone - CJ, SAS, adwords, amazon, I'm interested in CPS networks not CPA. Also it must be secure (is it ever?). I see some using pageonce has something similar but that's more for banking, investments, bills, etc.

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread