What does the merchant see when I apply to their program?
    I have just applied to a couple of programs on CJ that are tea and coffee-related for a new affiliate site promoting. I created a new "Web Site" with a new pid for this particular site.

However, my other sites, including my first site, have nothing to do with coffee or tea.

So I'm wondering what the AM sees when they get the application. Do they see a list of all of my web sites, or just my main account? How would they know that I'm looking to affiliate for a mug shop instead of for a t-shirt shop which doesn't appear to have anything to do with this merchant category?

http and a telephoto
    They can click on your account to see the rest of your sites, but many may only look at the first site. So if you get declined, email them with your "plan" so they know how you are going to promote them. Or even be aggressive and contact them right after you apply to tell them about your plan. That could help you get manually approved quicker for those that manually approve.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Prompt and helpful as usual. Thank you very much!

And where would one find this email? I've pulled up the merchant's "detail" page and it isn't listed there. Is that optional for them?

http and a telephoto
    Yup, it should be on the details page at the top. If they don't have one you might want to skip working with them. A merchant should always be able to be contacted by affiliates.

If you want to be persistant anyway, go to their website and find a contact form or email there and use that. If they don't have any contact info in their merchant account OR on their website... run.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

This particular one doesn't have any affiliate info on their site. Beautiful site though.. will proceed with caution if I do at all. Thank you again!

you may already know this, but they also see your network earnings (the green bars) and your epc for both 7-day and 3-month. I dont know how many use that data as relevant info whether to decline or accept applicants, but you never know as it depends on the AM.

In terms of your sites, I'd definitely agree with loxly on every point. Each merchant should have a contact so as to communicate with its affiliates. It's also always a good idea to get a hold of the company or AM and discuss your plan if need be.

Affiliate Manager
    When you apply to the programs can you send them a list of sites that might be a fit for their program? So, if your primary site isn't a fit, they can quickly see that you have one that is.

As a coffee merchant myself, I don't care if the site is primarily about coffee or not, but I understand that some merchants may be different.

joe

Quote Originally Posted by jcswee01
    When you apply to the programs can you send them a list of sites that might be a fit for their program? So, if your primary site isn't a fit, they can quickly see that you have one that is.

As a coffee merchant myself, I don't care if the site is primarily about coffee or not, but I understand that some merchants may be different.

joe
    In this particular case at least, no. Same with a few others I recently applied to. Applying to the program just generated the "This merchant manually approves blah, blah..." with no place to say "I am applying in order to affiliate your products on xyz site..."

I have in the past had a decline and replied with my marketing plan and was then approved.

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread