Is StubHub Honest?
    Just very curious about something.

I see StubHub listed with OneCause and FatWallet. I am just wondering if anyone knows if StubHub intends to continue to be associated with these affiliates that have some "questionable" marketing habits, some of which may or may not include overwriting other affiliates cookies, the use of spyware, the use of adware, etc...

Being an affiliate of StubHub, I can not work for a company that, in my opinion, is giving a "green light" for some affiliates to "steal" my visitors, my sales or my commission.

I have not wrote them concerning this matter and I doubt I will. It is not my place to notify them that some affiliates may or may not be using unethical marketing practices. I am quite sure StubHub is aware of all of this. Therefore, instead of me contacting StubHub, StubHub should contact all of their affiliates and explain to us what is going on and why it appears that they could care less if some affiliates overwrite other affiliates cookies. Better yet, explain why they would want their good name associated with others with such bad reputations.

Just very curious if anyone knows if StubHub has said anything or is remaining silent on these issues.

You know, some of those ticket packages can bring in a commission of $20,000. The thought that affiliates like OneCause and FatWallet may or may not overwrite my cookie and steal that $20,000 commission from me or anyone else burns me up.

STUBHUB! I can't hear you. Can you hear me?

Quote Originally Posted by Snowfinch
    Can you hear me?
    Not until you contact them and let them know your concerns.

Admin Note: Emailed thread link to AM (a member)

LOL! I know they hear me now. I am not contacting them. I simply just wanted to see if anyone in this forum has heard anything about them. I have been an affliliate for nearly 2 years, but only with StubHub a few months. Went through several networks and over 100 merchants. I have been very happy with a very few of them. And totally satisfied with only one. I won't say the best merchant I have ever worked for in here.

Thanks Haiko de Poel, Jr.

I can't PM or anything because I haven't been here long enough and don't have enough post. Bummer. Thanks again though. I really appreciate it.

Affiliate Manager
    Although we do have a relationship with the companies mentioned above, we do not participate in any "questionable marketing” techniques used. We still maintain our strict policy on this subject and monitor our program very closely. Any all affiliates participating in such actions will be immediately terminated from the program.

SnowFinch you are welcome to contact us at anytime with any questions you may have. affiliate@stubhub.com

StubHubAM Thank you very much. I just want to feel comfortable knowing that if someone comes to my site and clicks my link to buy a $200,000 suite at the Super Bowl someone like OneCause isn't going to pop on their screen and say "wanna donate some of this purchase to charity, mainly us" and overwrite my cookie. But you say StubHub monitors to assure this won't happen. Not sure how you could do this, but I will trust you. Thanks you very much for answering and explaining your position. All merchants associated with these issues should come forward and explain out in the open as StubHub has. You have set an example I hope other merchants will follow. Thanks again.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by StubHubAM
    Although we do have a relationship with the companies mentioned above, we do not participate in any "questionable marketing” techniques used.
    You don't but the companies mentioned above do, openely, blatantly, repetitively. Have you seen the OneCause videos posted here.

Quote Originally Posted by StubHubAM
    We still maintain our strict policy on this subject and monitor our program very closely. Any all affiliates participating in such actions will be immediately terminated from the program.
    So why are they still with you. And why haven't they been terminated?

SAM PARK

I understand what you are saying and just wanted to add this old saying.

YOU ARE KNOWN BY THE COMPANY YOU KEEP.

I guess I will never understand why merchants keep company with some of those they choose to keep company with.

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowfinch
    SAM PARK

I understand what you are saying and just wanted to add this old saying.

YOU ARE KNOWN BY THE COMPANY YOU KEEP.

I guess I will never understand why merchants keep company with some of those they choose to keep company with.
    That's easy: They THINK those companies make them money. And, they do not want to investigate the true facts that would show the income they "generate" is actually diverted from other channels. Plus, some of the ams are paid a % and would be cutting their own income if the bosses knew they'd be getting those sales anyway, if these affiliates were removed.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread