Still Advertising On Yahoo? Better read this.
    http://www.apogee-web-consulting.com.../ysm-fail.html

The problem is in the OPTIMIZATION section of the YSM Terms and Conditions, and in their explanation in response to complaints. See if you can spot the problem (emphasis mine):
    OPTIMIZATION. In the U.S. only, for those advertisers not bound by an Insertion Order, we may help you optimize your account(s). Accordingly, you expressly agree that we may also: (i) create ads, (ii) add and/or remove keywords, and/or (iii) optimize your account(s). We will notify you via email of such changes made to your account(s), and can also include a spreadsheet of such changes upon your written request. If you would like any of such changes reversed, please reply to such email within 14 days of the change(s), and we will make commercially reasonable efforts to reverse the change(s) you specifically identify. Notwithstanding the foregoing, you remain responsible for all changes made to your account(s), including all click charges incurred prior to any reversions being made. It is your responsibility to monitor your account(s) and to ensure that your account settings are consistent with your business objectives.
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

So Yahoo can effectively violate merchant's PPC policy on your behalf...? Nice.

They have NO right tampering with user accounts/ads. Full stop.

ABW Ambassador
    It's funny these type of things where they basically think people are stupid with the reasons they give. Trying to say it's a service they're providing to the small and mid size folk, a service typically only for the big boys, so we should feel honored when they create ads for us etc.:

What the account optimization program IS:

Itís designed to make our small- to mid-sized advertisers more successful.

Itís meant to give this group of advertisers a service level and expertise that typically is available only to larger advertisers.

It is intended to help raise the performance of accounts that are experiencing issues like low-quality quality scores, low lead volume or low click-through rates.

It is reducing the time required to make optimizations by eliminating back-and-forth voicemails.

It is limited in scope. We may make changes in these three areas:
    1) Creating new ads for existing ad groups and enabling ad testing
    2) Writing multiple versions of ads for any new ad groups we create, then enabling ad testing
    3) Searching our database for keywords that can drive more targeted traffic to an advertiserís site

It is transparent. Advertisers are notified of any changes within 24 hours (usually, fewer than eight hours).

It is reversible. An advertiser can ask us to reverse the changes, although we ask that you do so within two weeks from the date on which the changes were made.

Antisocial Media Expert ProWebAddict's Avatar
    Speaking of YSM, why is YPN still in beta after 3 or so years? I don't mess with Yahoo.

Nothing incorrect with the responses here so far.... Which is why I posted it
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

It looks like another Yahoo! rip-off in the works.

Remember the great Inktomi bait-and-switch scam they did a few years back? They switched their SERPs from Google to Inktomi (which is paid inclusion) and persuaded a lot of site owners to part with thousands or tens of thousands of dollars.. and then shut down Inktomi and kept all the money. And before that, there was a similar bait-and-switch scam with Yahoo! directory - directory listings always got a prominent placing in the SERPs, Yahoo! did a BIG push (at $399 per listing, I think) and got lots of people to sign up.. and then dropped directory listings from the SERPs.

I vowed never to give Yahoo! another red cent after being ripped off by them. My personal advice would be not to do business with them.
    Innovative advertising with Slimeware Corporation and Telephore. Mail-order fuel with Petrol Direct.

The company I work for got hit pretty hard like this. We had everything paused since we decided yahoo wasn't something we wanted to do at the moment.

All of a sudden 3/4ths of our ad groups are unpaused and showing, but we had changed our URL structure. All of these ads pointed at a 404 page, and were RUNNING on an unmanaged account, FOR A MONTH.

It ended up costing us over $3000.00, Yahoo DID NOT refund us, and I got blamed.

Yahoo has got to be the most retarded system I have ever used.

Everything is retarded, payments, customer service, ad serving, you name it.

They're really going out of their way to destroy what ever is left of their search marketing business.

"Changing ads" can open a can of worms.

Why not just delete or deny ad serving for a particular ad until the advertiser can make their own changes to conform with guidelines?
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread