Thread: Payment for sales in Canada

Payment for sales in Canada
    I have been going round and round not getting a clear answer on this.

I have sold a few tickets on Ticketmaster Canada, using direct links to events, as suggested by Ticketmaster staff. The sales are calculated in Canadian dollars, which is reasonable since the tickets are sold in Canadian dollars. However, it appears that the minimum for payment is $450 CDN which is absolutely ridiculous.

One Ticketmaster support person forwarded my question on to a 2nd level of support which said that I could get paid if I opened an account in US dollars! But that is what I have! That response made no sense.

Can somebody please get an answer about Ticketmaster US affiliates linking to Ticketmaster Canada. Whether we can get paid, in what currency, and with what minimum? Even if the answer isn't what I want to hear, I would really appreciate a clear answer. Needless-to-say, if the minimum is $450 CDN, not too many people will spend time promoting Canadian events.

Last month, we received a payment for our U.S. commissions. Our Canada commissions have been put on hold until we earn the minimum $450 CDN. We have our U.S. direct deposit info for both U.S. & Canadian dollars. At the rate we're going it will take us up too six months to earn the minimum amount.

Affiliate Network Rep
    First, let me apologize for any trouble you had getting in touch with us here at buy.at. Our goal is to be as available as we can to affiliates and merchants and I apologize that your question went unanswered to your satisfaction.

In regards to your question...this gets a little technical in the finance area but I will do my best to explain.

As buy.at is a global network, operating in multiple countries with transactions in multiple currencies, our system needs to separate payments based on the currency in which the transaction occurred. Once you have a commission in a currency which is new to you, the system prompts you to select if you would like to be paid in that currency or in a different currency.

This is where things get a bit tricky. In order to pay an affiliate our bank has to identify 2 things:

1 - What is the type of currency used in the transaction?
    2 - Where is the banking institution the person wishes to receive payment located?

If the affiliate has a bank account in the country of the transaction there is a small minimum that must be met for the bank to complete the transaction. If the affiliate does not have a bank account in the country of the transaction the minimums are much higher and, in the case of Canada, the minimum is $450 CAD.

This is certainly not the best news, I know. We are working to resolve this issue with our bank to get our minimums lowered. In the case of Canada, we are working to have a corporate account created within that country, which would allow us to immediately lower our minimums. However, opening a bank account in a country where your company does not reside takes a bit of time.

buy.at is currently considering an alternative payment mechanism which would not require minimums. As an example we are looking at debit / credit cards which we would make available to our affiliates if they wanted to use them. These cards would be backed by a major credit / debit company and buy.at would make deposits directly to the affiliate's card - no bank would be needed and no minimums would need to be met.

shuvee - I am sorry I don't have better news for you...but rest assured we are working to meet your needs.

If you, shuvee, or you, the reader of this response, has any questions please don't hesitate to drop me an email at

charles.calabrese[at]buy.at

Canadian Sales - Confusion
    Hi All,

I think something else that would be helpful is if Buy.at could provide a link for all US banks and their corresponding SWIFT codes, or whatever code is needed to set up the direct deposit.

It took me a few to find the code, and I am still not 100% that it is right (hope it is). I have reached the $450 mark as of this month, so I guess I'll find out soon if it works or not.

Affiliate Network Rep
    Boston -

Please drop me an email -

charles.calabrese[at]buy.at

So I can take a look at your account and make sure it is all setup correctly.

Thanks,
    c3

Wow, $450CAD minimum? I guess I'm never getting paid on my Canadian sales then.

That is the minimum for electronic funds transfer, but you can now be paid with a much lower minimum ($35 CAD if I remember correctly, but check the terms) with a Payoneer card. I finally applied for one, but still haven't activated it. It's a real pain, but better than waiting for $450 CAD (I'm at mid-$100s or so). One of these days, I will activate it and get my money!

Believe me, I am happy they did this. It was a reasonable alternative, given that their bank did not do transfers of small amounts. There are fees, but it is better than waiting years for your money. I give them (Buy.AT) an A-.

Affiliate Network Rep JCrooks - AffiliateWindow's Avatar
    Shuvee,

Lets see if we can get that A- into an A+!

There is one other payment method, but that would involve having a Canadian bank account so that we can do "domestic" transfers. Drop me an email if that’s an option for you, unlikely as it may be, but it may help other affiliates.

I have asked the guys from Payoneer to look into this thread to see if they can chase along your card delivery.

As always, if you need anything further, please just drop me an email.

regards

Paul

paul.newton@buy.at

Affiliate Network Rep JCrooks - AffiliateWindow's Avatar
    Apologies, I misread your post. I see that you have received your card but have not activated it. Please let me know if you need any help with this step.

regards
    Paul

Affiliate Manager
    Payoneer card
    Hi All,

Tomer from Payoneer here.

If you have any problem activating the card please let me know, tomer@payoneer.com I don't see any problems with card activation but please contact me if you have any problems and I will help solve.

I encourage all of you to order the card and give it a try, it is probably the best solution if you have a problem of min payments or if you are dealing with international payments.

thanks
    --Tomer

Hi Everyone,

Apologies for the delay in making the change (it involved investigating new banking options, testing with different providers, etc), but we wanted to let you know that the payment thresholds are now officially reduced. The full post is now here: buy.at | Affiliate Marketing Network Blog » Blog Archive » Affiliate Window and buy.at Introduce Reduced Payment Thresholds

For CAD specifically, the payment threshold can now be set as low as CAD c$50.00. We hope this helps and please let us know if you have any questions.

-Amy

12. Newsletter Signup