Affiliate Manager
    Why is this a bad idea?
    I've thought of offering an alternative affiliate program in the past where the affiliate gets a cobranded storefront instead of just links to my site.

The problem is I could never figure out if this was something affiliates would be interested in.

My thought was to give the affiliate a subdomain site something like
    bobsstore. mycoffeestore .com (this would obviously be for my coffee business). Then they could choose some basic colors and name.

Then any sales that went through that storefront they would be paid just like any other aff. program.

So, tell me why this is bad, how I could make it work if you have any ideas. And, if affiliates would even be interested.

By the way, this was one of the ways I was thinking of fighting the parasites and the toolbars.

Joe

ABW Ambassador
    I wouldn't want to be part of your site. My business is developing my own sites.

You would always own the site. I wouldn't like that.

ABW Ambassador

Quote Originally Posted by jcswee01
    By the way, this was one of the ways I was thinking of fighting the parasites and the toolbars.
    You fight the parasites by not letting them into your program. If ythey pop on your merchant site, you sue the bejesus out of them. End of subject.

Whenever I hear co-brand I think no brand ... neither is strong enough to sell on it's own or one is just so big and the other so incosequential thus making the relationship completely skewed. Unless your a niche and then working with speciality sites within your niche it adds zero value and worse means nothing to the end user and the only one it benefits is you SEO wise.

Buils a strong brand and a site that sells, have strong ethics and the good affilaites will come to you and the bad ones will know better.
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

Affiliate Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by Haiko de Poel, Jr.
    You fight the parasites by not letting them into your program. If ythey pop on your merchant site, you sue the bejesus out of them. End of subject.

Whenever I hear co-brand I think no brand ... neither is strong enough to sell on it's own or one is just so big and the other so incosequential thus making the relationship completely skewed. Unless your a niche and then working with speciality sites within your niche it adds zero value and worse means nothing to the end user and the only one it benefits is you SEO wise.

Buils a strong brand and a site that sells, have strong ethics and the good affilaites will come to you and the bad ones will know better.
    yeah that's what we do now

I was just trying to figure out a way to protect everyone

I obviously prefer keeping all the sales on out brand

Thanks for the input

Parasites can't set cookies on your program if they aren't in it. Know your partners, know who the bad guys are and you will be protecting your brand -and your partners.

Affiliate Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by 2busy
    Parasites can't set cookies on your program if they aren't in it. Know your partners, know who the bad guys are and you will be protecting your brand -and your partners.
    That's true
    I hate the fact that I have to watch everything so closely, why can't everyone just play nicely, hahaha

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread