Disappearing Merchants?
    I go to update this morning and Oriental Trading Company is missing from my filter. After checking "all merchants" I find it's also missing there, as well as from the entire merchant list.

Anybody know what happened to them in popshops? The product links seem to still be working. How are we supposed to know when one of our merchants disappears like this? I only discovered it because a few images were loading very slowly and I went to investigate.

"The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step."

Try asking Popshops directly or the merchant.

I stopped promoting them long ago, because of their short cookie.

I still see them in LS, so maybe they stopped using Popshops. If you clicked on the link, does it go to the merchant?

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    There is a sticky for this issue: Merchants leaving PS with no notice.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

Sometimes Matt has to pull a merchant to work on the feed and has to wait back for the merchant to respond. I know he has pulled two of mine in recent months when I had problems with the feeds - Football Fanatics on CJ and FastFloors on Linkshare and there are several Pepperjam - Baby Phat, etc that are in the system but removed from the merchant list. The links still work in your stores while he is doing that.
    Danny W Bonin Jr
    Bonin Group, Inc.

Yes, links still go to the merchant. I emailed support so I'll post here if I hear anything about them.

Speaking of disappearing merchants, I wonder if Orange County Choppers will EVER make it back to Popshops? It's been forever.

"The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step."

Lightbulb Now you see 'em...
    Sorry for the vanishing act(s), folks. As Danny mentioned, I sometimes pull merchants off the list without notice in the hope that whatever the issue is can be resolved without having to disable the feed entirely and I can relist them; sorry, but with as many merchants as we have, this happens a lot (for various reasons) and I just don't have time to post updates of every tweak to the list (as evidenced by my lack of attention to the New Merchants thread; hopefully those interested are taking advantage of the RSS feed).

I will continue, however, to send notifications (to those with affected products in their shops) every time I permanently remove a merchant.

In the case of Oriental Trading Co, they dropped us from their affiliate program* so we are no longer receiving updated feeds. For those of you who are still active affiliates, your existing links will still work...assuming the product is still in stock, the price hasn't changed, etc. But unless we are readmitted into the program and can start receiving feed updates, I will have to permanently remove them. I wrote to their affiliate team on Saturday to plead our (and your) case--this usually does the trick, so please don't start circulating a petition just yet. But if you don't see them back on the list by Wednesday, fire away. Again, unless you get the "Merchant Removed" notice from me, you can assume (with 90% certainty) that the links are still active.

As for Orange County Choppers, nothing has changed since my post in December:
    Quote Originally Posted by MattJ
    Regarding Pepperjam's "eFashion" merchants, however, their feeds are still being worked on by the network. We promise to relist these merchants as soon as the feeds become available to us. (Sorry for the frustration, Joyaz.)

Here's the list:

OrangeCountyChoppers.com
    PlayboyStore.com
    ShopTheBunny.com
    BenSherman.com
    JustSweet.com
    BabyPhat.com
    AppleBottoms.com
    Enyce.com
    Deréon.com
    Rocawear.com
    PhatFarm.com
    One other thing: When I get advance notifications of a merchant's program termination, I try to pull that merchant off the list (but not disable it) about a week in advance so you guys don't put up new products that are going to have to be removed in a few days. And then when the program officially ends, I disable the feed and send e-mail.

I hope that helps clear things up a bit.

~Matt

* This happens occasionally when a merchant isn't familiar with us and thinks--because we don't generate commissions (the downside to letting you guys keep 100% )--that we are a non-performing affiliate. This is often an automated process, so even merchants who do know us occasionally need a nudge.

Talking
    Matt,

Do you get any sleep? 3:07 in the morning posting here! I e-mail you at all hours and you response. Are you a human robot)!
    Danny W Bonin Jr
    Bonin Group, Inc.

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread