Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    CandlePeople Affiliates --

ABestWeb, the premier forum for affiliates at http://www.abestweb.com/, is holding it's yearly poll for best affiliate program of 2003. We are one of the four nominees this year, an honor unto itself. We would like to invite you all to vote in this exciting poll at:

http://abw.infopop.cc/6/ubb.x?a=tpc&...5&m=2076085515

As well there are many other exciting awards you can vote on at ABW. This is a way to tell the industry what you think of our program (and others). Vote today!

Please look forward to a new regular CandlePeople Affiliate newsletter in the next several weeks!

Andrew@CandlePeople.com

Mr.Merchant, if you do business in any way what-so-ever with parasites, your products will not be sold on my sites!!

Farewell, CJ! I loved you when you were young and pure. I will try to remember you that way. Disclaimer: Comments are to be interpreted as opinion unless otherwise noted.

Yeah what's up with that

ABW Ambassador
    That is not spam if you subscribed to their newletter.

ABW Ambassador
    Are you an affiliate of Candle People? If you are, then how can you consider the e-mail to be spam?

www.cjshoppingnetwork.com

ABW Ambassador
    It's not SPAM but it sure is SCHOOLYARD.

------------------------------
    "It be's dat way sumtimes." ~ Coco B. Ware

Well, yes and no. I signed up but since they ignored my e-mails and concerns, I never used them. Actually, I signed up on another site and didn't realize it was them until I had already signed up.

They were using a different mname and I thought it was a different program.

Mr.Merchant, if you do business in any way what-so-ever with parasites, your products will not be sold on my sites!!

Farewell, CJ! I loved you when you were young and pure. I will try to remember you that way. Disclaimer: Comments are to be interpreted as opinion unless otherwise noted.

ABW Ambassador
    I find it hard to believe any of those four are the best affiliate programs in the world, but maybe I'll try them and find out for myself.

Disgraceful, I saw how the voting was going before they sent out this email, they certainly were not among the contenders

I think they should be removed from the list, these tacticts are just not the right thing to do and anyone using them should be removed for my money.

BTW. no sour grapes here I am a Candlepeople affiliate.

Take care
    Gordon CEO of
    YouTrek.com
    I got my parasiteware t-shirt
    <font color=red size="1">All parasites are scumbags and should be treated as such....</font><font color=blue size="1">STAMP EM OUT!!!</font>

I didn't consider it spam and I don't really care about the email. I also don't care who wins the contest as long as it is whoever I vote for.

ABW Ambassador
    I have no problem with encouraging your own affiliates to participate in the vote. It is too bad only four were even nominated.

Somehow I did not even notice the awards threads until yesterday.

Anyways, I voted for essential. They are the only one on the list that I am affiliated with.

Heyder
    as ever our mods are very neutral so long as things are going their way

BTW I do not consider it spam, I just think things like these votes should be left to the ABW members and no self promotion should be required.

BTW Thanks for the turkey Akiva you sure have got my vote
    Take care
    Gordon CEO of
    YouTrek.com
    <font color=red size="1">All parasites are scumbags and should be treated as such....</font><font color=blue size="1">STAMP EM OUT!!!</font>

ABW Ambassador
    All they did is suggest stopping by ABW and voting.

It is not like they offered a bonus or prize if you voted for them

(that's a subtle hint to the other affiliate managers)

Uh, didn't know the ABestWeb awards were now on the same level as so many Hollywood promotional awards Can we get Whoopi to host?

Anyways - my votes are officially on sale for $1.95 each. Thats a savings of 50% off my fee for my Academy Awards votes

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jimbo2002:
    All they did is suggest stopping by ABW and voting.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    If every affiliate manager/program use these tactics, this award will become a farce.

ABW Ambassador
    ABW --

When I sent out the email to our affiliates, I didn't ask for them to vote for us. I told them about the poll, and pointed out the link to the site.

This is good promotion for ABW, and it's recognition awards for work done by the merchants (among other awards).

I would consider myself shamed if we sent out an email that said VOTE FOR US! The only place I asked for voting for us was on our own message board, which I consider something that is quite fair...

In any case, we are excited to be a part of the nominees, and certainly didn't mean to offend anybody, or to load the results. The mail was pretty clear, in my mind, that we were not asking for any particular vote, rather to highlight the poll and for people to vote their own mind.

SSanF --

I have spoken to you in the public forum that we run here on ABW plenty about your issues regarding the copyright on images we don't own on many occassions. I've tried doing the most I can for you in this regard, other than making the images public domain, I'm not sure if I can comply with your request

Andrew Edmond
    CandlePeople Affiliate Manager
    http://www.candlepeople.com

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Andrew@CandlePeople.com:
    This is good promotion for ABW, and it's recognition awards for work done by the merchants (among other awards).<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Would you have sent out this email if you were not nominated, I don't think so. Of course you were indirectly asking people for their votes. I just hope the other nominated merchants don't drop this low.

[This message was edited by JJJay on December 11, 2003 at 05:05 PM.]

ABW Ambassador
    I certainly don't look at sending letters to your affiiates (whos agreed to correspondence) as spam!

Further, my first instinct was to consider it a shameless plug for themselves but after looking at it carefully, I re-considered and felt it was more of a plug for abw and encouragement of their affiliates to participate here. Why in the world some people make issues out of things like this is beyond me.

Merchants do shameful plugs in here for themselves all the time and it's perfectly fine. They support this board with their funding and make their positions clear with affiliates. You want to bash them for supporting this board? Geeze!

===================================
    Great News - we can now support ebates and pp merchants - they are cleaning up their act and I'll bet it'll be a long time before we see another clip of ebates overwriting affiliate links.
    ===================================

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    The few e-mails I send out to editors -merchants and clients often contain links to Abestweb. Education is a powerful tool and on occassion ABW delivers.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

ABW Ambassador
    Some people thing it was wrong

Some people think that there is nothing wrong with what they did

Some don't care

If you don't like what they have done, then don't vote for them.

Only Haiko has the right to decide whether or not anything is wrong with what has been done.

Everyone else really should just deal with it

www.cjshoppingnetwork.com

Yup, maybe a good idea to read the merchant's html formatted message, prior to accusing them. Applause to Andrew for also including a pretty good description of the content in his subject line.

Come on, think of all those programs where the subject line reads "Important Affiliate information." Opening the html formatted message, you find that your merchant is offering free shipping starting last week, ending tommorrow if the visitor buys $150. or more.

I'll take Andrew's message any day.

Fred

You might just be a Redneck if - Birds are attracted to your beard...

I agree with Mike and Charlie.

Ron - 7 Days A Week Marketing

While I don't think there is anything inherantly wrong with the email, I think that by sending out emails, other merchants will follow suit and there will be a glut of emails clogging everyone's inbox screaming "vote for me, vote for me!!". Its kinda like setting a new standard by sending out emails for such things and no one wants that. (At least I don't.)

Akiva Bergstrom
    Affiliate Partner Manager

<TABLE BORDER=0 cellspacing=2 width=600><TR><TD> <FONT SIZE=1>EssentialApparel.com
    CJ/7.5% to 8.5%/120 days
    Datafeed/Parasite free
    Email: akiva@essentialapparel.com
    Phone: 973.696.6200 ext 751
    > Join now! < </TD> <TD><FONT SIZE=1>SportsFanfare.com
    CJ/10%/120 days
    Datafeed/Parasite free
    Email: akiva@sportsfanfare.com
    AIM: akivabergs
    > Join now! < </TD> <TD><FONT SIZE=1>FunToCollect.com
    CJ/11%/120 days
    Datafeed/Parasite free
    Email: affiliates@funtocollect.com
    > Join now! < </TD></TR></TABLE>

Exactly Akiva, you've hit the nail on the head there I don't want lots of emails telling me who to vote for either.

Take care
    Gordon CEO of
    YouTrek.com

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    (I am not a CandlePeople affiliate.)

I see nothing wrong with it. Campaigning is a natural part of politics!

It doesn't have to be a presidential-scale election to see the similarities, and act accordingly. "Getting out the vote" (as they so horribly mangle English to describe it) is a first-line campaign tactic.

So is self-promotion, btw, unless all those ads we will be inundated with next year will really be put out by the "friends of [candidate]" instead of by the "committee to {re}elect so-and-so..."

Not that CandlePeople did self-promotion, but it would have been fine and normal campaigning if they did!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> It's not SPAM but it sure is SCHOOLYARD.~Chief Beef<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No more schoolyard than any other election in the US.

For the record, I am NOT saying that I *want* lots of campaign emails! But I don't think it was wrong or schoolyardish that one was sent, either.

It's the most wonderful time of the year!~Old Christmas Song

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast