Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    "update your Google Affiliate Network Account" Is this a major issue?
    Has anyone seen the new question in the big bright banner in yellow? ďAre you ready to update your Google Affiliate Network Account to a Google Account? Yes | How does this work? | Remind me laterĒ This is obviously extremely important to Google since it at the top of the page, highlighted in Yellow and has a large font size. It also states if you read the details, ďAll Google Affiliate Network users will eventually be required to update to a Google Account.Ē Iím not sure if I missed it or I donít understand but if we link our affiliate network accounts with our analytics/PPC accounts Google will then know exactly what we are spending money on for competing stores from other networks, the keywords used as well as many other private pieces of information I donít want them to know about. MaybeÖ.. Chances areÖ.. They already know since they are Google but I personally have not allowed them to connect the dots between my accounts. Also what is to say they wonít take over the search aspect of affiliate marketing and crush the affiliates in that vertical? Has anyone talked to Google or any other network reps and got any opinions?

15 years and counting
    I don't like it, either. And I'm not going to update anytime soon.
    Add what Google knows about us. Even your financial details if you use Google Checkout, AdSense, AdWords...
    I can't believe they are still not able to solve problems like the interference of our affiliate links with our cookies "Bad Request: Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand. Size of a request header field exceeds server limit."
    Or the fact that I can't get their banners in their interface. Stupid upgrade.

ABW Ambassador
    On another thread Trust found the new login somehow a bit messy.

http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=115927

That is not what I am talking about though. I am concerned about privacy of how I do business not where to sign in. By connecting those accounts Google will in a much easier fashion be able to connect the dots on marketing of competitors on other networks like CJ, Linkshare, Avantlink, Sharesale, etc. They will know what terms are in search verticals plus tons of other information I donít want them to know. They might already have the means to do it but if I click that button I am legally allowing them to connect it and making it much easier for them.

ABW Ambassador
    So don't do it. Just open a new Google account.

I opened a new google account - as I prefer to keep personal & business separate.

It's a pain, sure, but I just swapped the connectcommerce login for this (new) one.

Trust are you saying to create a seperate account for GAN to ensure that the PPC/Analaytics and GAN are not connected by my google sign in ?

ABW Ambassador
    Yep, that's what I did. I didn't want to connect them either because I have a site with Adsense that has nothing to do with GAN and all kinds of Adwords ads that have nothing to do with GAN.

I connected mine - Google already knows who I am and what my sites do.
    Vinny O'Hare - OPM - Contact Info email: vinny at teamloxly.com ~ 702-582-6742 Twitter

That is a good idea I just wonder how long it will take before they request you combine the accounts.

My business is a separate legal entity, ie. corporation.

No one (or company) can make me do anything of the sort...

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Thurston Howell III
    That is a good idea I just wonder how long it will take before they request you combine the accounts.
    I didn't see any requirement for that, just a suggestion. Plus combining them would do nothing for me except extra clicks to get where I want. And also:

"Can I have more than one Google Account?

Yes. In fact, we encourage you to maintain separate Google Accounts for personal and business use."

And I have a personal site that has/uses Adsense or Adwords.

"I connected mine - Google already knows who I am and what my sites do."

Using their analytics will do that. I don't use that either.

ROFL....

I am not talking about seperate accounts for personal and business. I am talking about where I sign in for PPC management and where and what user ID I use for GAN. I am talking about one business, nothing personal nor multiple websites. I am probably conveying this poorly but I am talking about the difference of signing in at:

http://www.connectcommerce.com/global/login.html

https://www.google.com/accounts/ManageAccount

One is to manage your ppc account and one is to manange you affiliate account. Right now those accounts are not connected and the data from both systems are not connected. I prefer they stay that way. You guys understand what Iam talking about ?

ABW Ambassador
    Yes, see post 5, 8.

And that connectcommerce login won't work once you update, even tho after you login it's on the connectcommerce domain.

Outsourced Program Manager Jorge - SHOPiMAR's Avatar
    I do not like it for lots of reasons but main one is, as an OPM I do not want to merge mine or merchants different accounts and login info with mine, etc. I keep saying 'remind later' but this needs to be fixed.

Already sent GAN contact to see if there is a another way.

ABW Ambassador
    "Already sent GAN contact to see if there is a another way."

What I did, just open a new Google account. I still have the same login info basically. Same email, have a new password and new login page. That's it.

Outsourced Program Manager Jorge - SHOPiMAR's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Trust
    "Already sent GAN contact to see if there is a another way."

What I did, just open a new Google account. I still have the same login info basically. Same email, have a new password and new login page. That's it.
    Yes, but as an OPM I have merchants that login from their end, then I login from my end. If I merge/link my own info, what happens if merchant also merges/links their info. I do not want to see any Adwords, Analytics or anything that merchant owns or same on my end.

Maybe i't not how it works but before I hit 'yes' I do not want to create a mess, lol

ABW Ambassador
    Yeah, true. Wait till GAN gets back to you. I guess with what you're doing, it's even more complicated. With what I did, everything is basically the same, just have a new password and new login page and that's it, didn't merge anything.

Google Affiliate Network Rep Google Affiliate Network Moderator's Avatar
    Hello,

Unless you share logins and update to the same login used for other products, updating your login to Google Accounts does not give other users access to your account information. There are three users per account. They do not all have to be the same user. If you'd like multiple users in your business to share a single Google Account, we recommend that you create a Google Account that's associated only with Google products you want them to access.

Thank you,

Jamie

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Google Affiliate Network Moderator
    Hello,

Unless you share logins and update to the same login used for other products, updating your login to Google Accounts does not give other users access to your account information. There are three users per account. They do not all have to be the same user. If you'd like multiple users in your business to share a single Google Account, we recommend that you create a Google Account that's associated only with Google products you want them to access.

Thank you,

Jamie
    What's wrong with the current login? Why do we have to create another google account? I mean is it necessary to create more accounts, logins just to confuse ourselves?

From Performics to Connectcommerce, from connectcommerce to google, sure there are enough CHANGES.

Quote Originally Posted by Google Affiliate Network Moderator
    Jamie, I believe the OP's concern was more about Google having the ability to link a single user to multiple Google accounts. With a single login Google would have a pretty complete picture of an affiliate's activities and we're not sure how Google intends to use that information. I for one would prefer that Google not have that much information about my separate activities and have no intention of linking my GAN account with my other Google accounts.

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

I went through the whole login thing yesterday. I was able to log in yesterday... But not today.. Is the new system down or have I done something wrong?
    Stop blaming the parasites, low return days, cookie stuffers, networks, lousy AMs, and TOOLBARS!

Yesterday: Signed in with GAN username and password. Then I went through the process of linking that account to my Google account. I believe I logged back in yesterday with the new Google username and password with no problems..

Today, I try logging in with the new Google username and password, and I get "Sorry, your Google Account (me@example.com) is not registered with this product. "

When I try logging back in with my GAN username and password, it tells me that my account has been updated, then sends me to a page with the username prepopulated with me@example.com. I enter the password and get "Sorry, your Google Account (me@example.com) is not registered with this product. "

So frustrating....

Edit: Is there a way to find out what email address my old GAN account has now been updated to? I know the new address should be me@example.com, but I'm guessing it's somehow not. That's the only explanation I can think for all this..
    Stop blaming the parasites, low return days, cookie stuffers, networks, lousy AMs, and TOOLBARS!

Google Affiliate Network Rep Google Affiliate Network Moderator's Avatar
    Hello,

If you are experiencing login issues, please contact support.

The new login page for updated accounts is here. Please make sure use that login page if you updated.

As for Jorge (OPM), I believe he is concerned with data access regarding his employees and clients. He can contact his support team further for additional information. As mentioned, logins should not be shared and three user account profiles exist.

Thank you,

Jamie

rematt thank you ! I think your the only one here that is getting what I am saying. I must be doing a poor job of explaining it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast