ABW Ambassador
    Deos Linkshare Have Any Confidence In The New Publisher Dashboard?
    Only network I know that has 2 completely different interfaces to login to.

I had thought they were supposed to do away with the old eventually, maybe that's still coming. I still use the old but part of me wants them to develop a little confidence in one of them and go ahead and decide. I was in the old interface and applied to one program and the sign up took me to the new interface.

Outsourced Program Manager TrishaLyn's Avatar
    At the Symposium West they did say that the old one will be gone soon and they're working on a new merchant dashboard too... I think six months was the time frame.

They have three separate interfaces if you consider Synergy Analytics.

The old one is the only one I use. The other two are slow, slow, slow.

As Trisha said, they plan on pulling the plug on the old interface soon. They've said that before, though. Who knows, but I suspect they'll go through with it this time.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

I recently had a question for them about a lag in sales displaying. They gave me a whole song and dance about how it has to be credited first, blah, blah, blah before it can show up. I then told them that the "missing" sales displayed fine in the old interface. So obviously, these were sales that display correctly in the old interface, but not in the new one. Within hours, those sales displayed in the new one. Go figure.
    Renée
    Pay no attention to that woman behind the curtain. -Wizardress of Oz

I love the info that the new dashboard gives you. The problem is that I seldom have the time or patience to wait for it to populate the data. So for now I use the new interface to get creatives and the old one for pretty much everything else.

I've also noticed that the data between the 2 interfaces never matches. I have no idea which one is accurate though. I would have thought that the data would be identical since both interfaces should be populating from the same database.

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

That's part of the problem (and probably the biggest reason they want to eliminte the old interface). They're not on the same database. I think the new interface and Synergy Analytics share the same database, but I'm confident that the old interface has its own.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

I'm sure the interface thing will get sorted out eventually, but for now it's all about priorities:

"The current focus of Rakuten USA is the OneCause website."

http://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/eng/1009532299.html

I have mentioned this on a previous thread, but this one is appropriate too. The old "traditional login" is always on target and more accurate. I can see the "closer to real time" stats on the old and not on the new, and it takes way way way too long to find and display the data. All I can say is that I will never use the new login until the old one is gone. My plan is to login once a week, and look at the results, imagining more sales are there but not showing up yet, and then I will just wait for my deposit to show up and be surprised that is might be more than I thought. In fairness, it is better now than it was 6 months ago. I am still waiting for my direct deposit for last months sales. My merchants always pay late. Lucky me!

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread