Best affiliate networks to work with
    Hi guys, I want you to ask this question "As I am re-entering into affiliate marketing, are there any affiliate networks out there I should exercise caution with that may fall by the way side (i.e. go under) in this current economic environment. I just donít wish to get burnt by them not paying my commissions. Any help appreciated.

I am after names of networks who are possibly struggling.

Thanks in advance for your help.

It's not just the network you have to worry about, but the advertisers too. In most cases, they network isn't going to pay you until the advertiser pays them.

Google, which obviously has plenty of money, hasn't paid me for October commissions from a particular merchant because they haven't collected yet.

thnx affninja but what about networks who pay consolidated payments and not separate for each merchants..example cj.com..i believe most of the networks pay consolidated payments so looking at so many networks which have come in in last couple of years i am not sure how many are going to survive as its become very competitive...

CJ pays on time, every time. I've never had a problem with them. But again, the networks get their money from the advertisers so if you start to see a mass-exodus from one network to another, or lots of advertisers go belly-up, then start to worry. Haven't seen that yet though.

Most advertisers it seems are increasing their online and affiliate spending because it represents a more reliable cost-per-aquisition and a better ROI than other channels.

Cj is one of the networks which pays on time. You can try them.

I love CJ, I love partnerweekly*they are more a lead based program I they have a outlet here to talk. I have never NOT been paid...also remember that when you don't get paid by CJ it is because the merchant didn't pay them, it is NOT cj, no matter how irritating they may be they always pay!
    Wear Short Sleeves!!! Support the right to bare arms!

Affiliate Manager
    id2k I'm in the same boat, currently researching different affiliate markets. I've called many and spoken to the sales reps. One of the things I liked about CJ from a merchant stand point is that they donít demand exclusivity. In our case it allows us to continue running our in-house program as well.

Its interesting to hear the affiliate side of this. As a merchant working with CPA Networks they want one of two things:

1. A deposit account that they draw down as commissions are paid. This account must be re-funded as it reaches a certain level or the program will freeze (So we are told).

2. If they do give a merchant terms - they always tell us that they are paying affiliates weekly or biweekly but definitely before they collect the money from the merchant.

thanks for those responses...but concern remains while choosing which affiliate network to work with besides the few big names...as there are many networks out there it gets tempting at times to join them and try them out and i am not sure out of all these how many will survive for a long time and is it worth the efforts then taking risk with the many new ones out there...

Affiliate Manager
    I'll be joining CJ in the upcoming weeks so I will post my thoughts and feedback as a new affiliate manager. After exploring a big name such a CJ I plan on checking out some smaller networks with zero upfront fees. I'll be happy to post any results I see.

yeah CJ gets my vote

CJ gets another vote for me.

I'd still say SAS too as a second choice, despite some of the feeling towards their new and upcoming TOS regarding toolbars. It's still a pretty clean network (for now from what I can gather), and even if they intend to let toolbars in, at least they'll be monitoring their activities a lil closer than say LinkShare or GAN (at least that is what SAS is saying).

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread