Thread: Feedback from Affiliates NEEDED...

Affiliate Network Rep
    Feedback from Affiliates NEEDED...
    Attention ALL affiliates -

buy.at NEEDS your help!!!

buy.at is seeing a good deal of pickup in the affiliate community as of late. As such, we wanted to touch base with the affiliates again and ask:

What programs would you like to see?

Big or small, branded or non-branded, buy.at would like to understand what your wants are as an affiliate.

We can't wait to hear from you,
    c3

I prefer small unbranded really, the big ones are already all over the place. The big brands are good too, help with shoppers' confidence. My best converters are smaller retailers with decent products that offer more than banners to work with. I wouldn't want to see Buy.at choose one over the other though, you need a mix so that everyone can find merchants that fit their model.

Affiliate Network Rep ayakobing's Avatar
    Hi 2busy,

Thank you for the great feedback! It was great meeting you in person at the Summit and I really appreciate your feedback

Ayako

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    Prefer merchants that are not on every network.

Like them to have good clean datafeeds with at least one sub-category and no more than 10 - merchant should have no more than 2000 items on any one single datafeed - multiple datafeeds per merchant is good.

Merchants should have a good mix of banner sizes and good mix of text links.

Prefer merchants that are online only versus click and mortars.

Thanks for asking for our input.
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

Off the top of my head...
    High purchase volume, low cost ($40-$80), consumer products.
    Exclusive network (no dual cookie issues)
    No bricks & mortar to compete with

What programs would you like to see?

Wish list:
    Steiff, Hermann Bears, Raikes Bears, Boyds bears, Bearington Bears ok, I can dream, can't I. lol Haven't checked in a while but none of them had programs. Build a Bear ya might as well add to the list if I'm dreamin, too. Hmmm, if you're really wanting any names mentioned probably at the top of the list for everybody is Victoria's Secret. lol

Agree pretty much with what the others have said. With all the toolbar talk, etc. definitely would prefer any who are exclusive to your network. Prefer the little guys, too. This way every other site out there isn't gonna have em on their site (in particular, the bad guys won't have em since you don't work with em) Agree tho, in order to keep everybody happy you'll need the mix of the little fella brands and the big guys. I personally like the little fellas but lots of other affiliates want the big guys.

I know all of you are very supportive and have offered to help and have no doubt whatsoever any/all of ya would...... but could ya please maybe some day just get some detailed tutorial videos that explain your different type of links available and how to get em (kinda a buy.at linking for dummies). Pretty please.

Also agree. Thank you very much for caring enough about your affiliates to ask for their feedback

Oh....pssssst in regards to merchants.....anybody who's purple would be very nice to have

Quote Originally Posted by purplebear
    but could ya please maybe some day just get some detailed tutorial videos that explain your different type of links available and how to get em (kinda a buy.at linking for dummies). Pretty please.
    Hi, I am always available to make those links and send them to you and/or get on the phone and show you how to do that step by step since we currently do not have any tutorial videos. Thank you for the great feedback!

Hey purplebear,

Thanks so much for the suggestion. In addition to what Ayako said about our team being able to help, we're also currently working on video tutorials of our various campaign tools (ContentEngine, LinkEngine, etc).

We'll keep you posted!

-Amy

I'll toss in a vote for what has been said thus far.

Exclusive network, no dual cookie issues, no parasites or toolbars (I know that is in your TOS and will stay there). And let it be known that you have the "cleanest" program in the industry.

Products in the "need" category at affordable price points: medical supplies for seniors, checks and business printing, shoes (specific categories such as clogs for chefs and medical professionals, dance shoes) etc.

Tools, such as a "widget" creator - where your staff or a merchant AM can create a widget (to focus on "seasonal or special promotions); AND (us) affiliates could "subscribe" to that widget and "skin" it to match our site(s).

A variety of "niche" merchants, size of the merchant does not matter if the products have quality and are unique. Ex: fly tying supplies for fisherman; woodworking tools for hobbyists; hobby supplies like R/C helicopters, airplanes, boats and model railroading (I haven't found any hobby suppliers with decent aff programs); pilot and "general aviation" supplies (being selfish here - but there has to be a market - there are some online stores, but again, no decent aff programs).

Just my 2-cents. Sorry for the verbosity.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

ABW Ambassador
    "What programs would you like to see?"

Every merchant on this list that doesn't have an affiliate program:

http://www.internetretailer.com/top500/list.asp

I would assign your best sales person this duty. You would get a top 500 merchant and if they don't currently have an affiliate program and you're the first and/or only ala Ticketmaster, you'll bring in lots more affiliates to your network. But I would go thru that list, good place to start.

Continuous thanks to Trust and Bill, awesome feedback. Trust, the list in the link is definitely going to be forwarded to our Sales team.

Thank you.

For another niche...How 'bout some ethnic-specific merchants?

For example, a while back I began promoting a merchant with African American wigs. Stated selling a few - but the merchant has since closed the program - and I have not found a replacement. But that same site successfully sells African American themed checks.

There have got to be some nice ethnic-focused sites in need of affiliate programs. There should be some great niche-marketing potential among them.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

"Hi, I am always available to make those links and send them to you and/or get on the phone and show you how to do that step by step since we currently do not have any tutorial videos."

Thank you very much ayakobing very nice of you to offer to do that and am sure you would. I umm just wanna try to learn to do it myself. Am gonna try to do that soon and if can't then will cry uncle, give in and admit defeat lol and email ya

"we're also currently working on video tutorials of our various campaign tools (ContentEngine, LinkEngine, etc)."

oooooh goodie, definitely look forward to that.

Umm since you're askin.....got one more to add to my wish list. If possible, a pool table type merchant would be very much appreciated.

Thanks again for asking for the feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by purplebear
    " I umm just wanna try to learn to do it myself.
    I praise your attitude. I am the same way - trial and error kind of person. There are so many resources as well as people who are willing to help everywhere. Please do contact me though if you still can't figure out some stuff because most likely you are not the only one with the same issue and we want to make everything user friendly. Go purplebear!

15. Newsletter Signup