View Poll Results: Have you been keeping you New Year's resolutions?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, all of them

5 17.24%
  • Yes, some of them

5 17.24%
  • No

3 10.34%
  • I made none

16 55.17%
    Question Keeping Those New Year's Resolutions?
    Yesterday was the 40th day of the New Year. Some believe it to be the number that symbolizes completion. So I've been thinking a lot about the topic of New Year's resolutions, and how they've been working out for people. I wonder if anyone else has a hard time keeping their New Year's resolution(s) or if it's just me.

Some say that the key to being successful with your New Year's resolutions is to make none. Then you break none. Others say that the key to success is in making real and achievable resolutions on that first day of the year...

Are your resolutions turning into a success? Feel free to either only vote (voting is anonymous), or both vote, and comment in the thread.

I personally have been having a harder time keeping my personal ones (like swimming more regularly, and spending more time with my family), but professional ones (like doing better with day-to-day bookkeeping, blogging every day, etc) have been turning out pretty good.

How about you?

Geno

Talking
    Quote Originally Posted by Geno Prussakov
    Keeping Those New Year's Resolutions?

Yesterday was the 40th day of the New Year. Some believe it to be the number that symbolizes completion. So I've been thinking a lot about the topic of New Year's resolutions, and how they've been working out for people. I wonder if anyone else has a hard time keeping their New Year's resolution(s) or if it's just me.

How about you?

Geno
    Geno, why are you dragging me out of my wait and see (that I was right) before I post?

But anyway, since you want to know if I was able to keep one of my New Year's resolutions that are related to this business, the answer is a BIG, NO!

Not because of any of my fault , but because of the new P. TB. issues that just happen to surface in places were I was not expecting it to happen...

But, as long as I still have the time..........................

We'll see...

The one resolution I finally kept was to quit smoking. I had quit for 16 years, went back for about 5. The short answer why I went back: stupidity, of course! But only a severe case of sinusitis + middle ear infection + perforated ear drum got me to finally quit...and I've been off for about a month now.

My business resolutions have been upended a bit, what with the SAS, OneCause, etc. issues. After rebuilding my site with PopShops, am now downsizing/streamlining and thinking about other ways to generate income (own products, drop shipping, very tightly focused niches, etc.).
    Renée
    Pay no attention to that woman behind the curtain. -Wizardress of Oz

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    Yes...I am exercising. (I enjoy that.)

Yes...I am dieting. (I do not enjoy that.)

Sorta...I am working on not talking trash to myself. What I mean by that is not thinking things like, "You dumbass," when I make a mistake or say something I wish I hadn't. I'm finding it difficult to change this very negative and harmful behavior, but I'm working on it!

I only made one, and it is sort of a general "be more gentle with yourself" type of thing, so I think I'm doing pretty well.

Affiliate Manager Matt McWilliams's Avatar
    I made none. I try to resolve things as I go along and not wait for the new year
    Matt McWilliams
    Call Me At: (317) 825-8826 | Follow Me On Twitter: @MattMcWilliams2 | Connect With Me On LinkedIn

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    Well mine are going well so far

1. Start training Tae Kwon Do. Yup feel like a bus has run over me.
    2. Never eat in McDonalds ever again. Yup avoiding the dog food they serve
    3. Getting a local gaming store up and running. Suppliers yes, Shipper.. working on it. Location... looking good

Cheers

Chris

Chris
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

Over 50% made no New Year's resolutions? Interesting poll results...

G.

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Geno Prussakov
    Over 50% made no New Year's resolutions? Interesting poll results...

G.
    Yea, my vote is in that group. Like Matt said, if something is important to change, do it now.

Saying, well, after New Year's I'll do x is just procrastinating.

(and I meant to post this two days ago when I voted.)
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

Affiliate Manager Matt McWilliams's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris - AMWSO
    Well mine are going well so far

1. Start training Tae Kwon Do. Yup feel like a bus has run over me.
    2. Never eat in McDonalds ever again. Yup avoiding the dog food they serve
    It feels good doesn't it? the run over by a bus feeling that is! You know you like it!

I have eaten McGarbage only once in the last 5-6 years. I cannot believe people eat there personally...yuck!

Taco Bell though...gotta keep it!
    Matt McWilliams
    Call Me At: (317) 825-8826 | Follow Me On Twitter: @MattMcWilliams2 | Connect With Me On LinkedIn

ABW Ambassador Stephanie Lichtenstein's Avatar
    I have been blogging more but I am still having a hard time with too much time spent watching tv. We will see, fingers crossed. Thanks for the reminder!
    @MicroSteph | Stephanie Lichtenstein
    President of Micro Media Marketing
    Outsourced Social Media Management
    Get Connected: LinkedIn | Twitter | Facebook | AIM: AffiliateLady | Skype: StephanieLichtenstein

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread