Google Affiliate Network Rep Google Affiliate Network Moderator's Avatar
    Swoopo launches with Google Affiliate Network
    Google Affiliate Network is excited to announce the Swoopo affiliate program!

Program Highlights:

* $7 bounty
    * Commission duration 30 Days
    * BYOL available

Swoopo is the next generation of online auctions, with a twist. We offer our winners fantastic deal on brand new video games consoles, consumer electronics, TVs, lifestyle products and white goods. Our winners save on average 70%+ off the MSRP of items sold on the site, with hundreds of auctions running per day.

We are offering affiliates commissions for every new customer who comes to the site and purchases one of our Bid Packs. This includes the process of clicking through to the site, registering, confirming that registration and then making their first purchase.

As long as they are not currently a Swoopo registered user and they complete this process within 30 days, you will get the bounty for this purchase.

SEM publishers are welcome, just contact us to get details of our special SEM terms. Please note, we don't allow the direct booking of Swoopo keywords in Google adwords, Yahoo search marketing or any other search marketing partner. This includes the usage of trade names such as "Swoopo", "Swoopoo" etc. as well as misspellings such as Swupo.

We also do not accept:

* Special cases (PaidMailer, bonus programmes, banner exchanges, etc.)
    * Sub domains, login pages without login data, websites in a foreign language, faulty company contact pages
    * Content related to politics, erotica, weapons, violence, drugs as well as any illegal actions

ABW Ambassador
    Why you allow such GAMBLING sites? And also they have ADSENSE all over!!.

given Swoopo's reputation around here, I wouldn't be so excited about this announcement.

Google Affiliate Network Rep Google Affiliate Network Moderator's Avatar
    Hello,

They are no longer an advertiser with us.

Thank you,

Jamie

ABW Ambassador
    Jamie, I hope Adwords also bans them. They have dubious ads saying SonyStyle VAIO for $138.xx and don't disclose they collected over a few thousands from bidders.

Their ads are misleading and their site is too. Hope Adwords, take a crack at it

I like traffic lights
    Southern hemisphere - away from Fukushima
    Yes, but it ISN'T gambling because it isn't a game of chance. All you need to do to ensure you win is be the last bidder standing.

ABW Ambassador
    Yes, keep standing until the last bidder among 100s bidding against each other. You may end up bidding 1000s of bids and losing it all ..

I am concerned that so many ill-afforded consumers are losing money (bidding costs) on swoopo.

If swoopo wish to advertise, it should advertise how much it collected (on average for an item including bidding costs) and reveal its total in-take.

They may sell an item for $100 in a penny auction ensuring they got 10,000 bids and $6000 (in bid sum). Their total in-take is $6100 .. But they advertise only $100 price in Ads. Misleading and Adwords is allowing this to continue

ABW Ambassador
    FWIW - we remove Swoopo from our sites and canned them from promoting including via adsense!

Wish Adwords and Credit Cards / Paypal etc. does the same. Stop doing business and encouraging swoopo kind of business to prey on innocent consumers

Wow, that didn't take too long. Yea, I really don't see the logic in not considering swoopo to be a form of gambling. But then I guess if you want to get overly technical, so is the insurance industry. Still though, I think Swoopo's form is a little more blatant.

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    From what i've read here, swoopo does NOT use a gambling model.

It would only be gambling if the names of all the bidders on an item were put into a hat and one name was randomly selected as the winner of the product. By giving each person who pays to get in the right to make the highest bid - whatever the cost - and thus buy the product, it is NOT gambling.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

Ok, so let's say they do not use a gambling model. They also do not use an auction model. In an auction, the only one who pays is the winning bidder. In the swoopo model, all who bid are paying via the credits. Whether you win the auction or not, you have paid for those credits, and are therefore paying towards the item up for auction, even if you don't win. Maybe it's not a standard gambling model, but it's certainly not a standard auction model. Those who lose the auction also lose their credits/money, which certainly seems to lean towards "gambling" in many peoples' minds. Perhaps more specifically closer to a lottery, which is considered to be a form of gambling. Many people put in money to a pot/auction item, but only one wins it.

I'm not saying the site should be shut down or anything like that. People are certainly allowed to participate if they choose to. I just think it's important to call a spade a spade, as there are many people who see sites like this and may not understand what they are getting themselves into.

ABW Ambassador
    This tupe of model is becoming more popular.

http://www.haggle.com/ just opened on SAS

http://www.bidhere.com just opened on GAN

Personally, it's people's money, they can do with it as they please.

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread