New Affiliate Manager
    Hey guys - I'm new to the forum and to Affiliate Marketing in general.

My company - Callpod - just got up and running on Linkshare, can someone give me some tips on signing on new affiliates? I think our program seem to be on point with other offers....

Thanks in advance.

ABW Ambassador
    pay for an ad on this forum:

http://www.abestweb.com/advertising/

http and a telephoto
    And read the stickies over here:

http://forum.abestweb.com/forumdisplay.php?f=412

Welcome to ABestWeb, it's a great place to first learn, then recruit.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

15 years and counting
    Is it the same thread that this one? http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=116056

I'm just introducing myself into the more specific forum - not allowed??

15 years and counting
    Asking the same question in several forums is not going to help you.

I would assume that posting in the Linkshare Affiliate Program would indeed help - but I'm a newbie, so thanks for the help.

ABW Ambassador
    I just read the other thread. So you don't want to ask for $75 to advertise?

"well I don't have any budget to advertise on here"

That shows that you are not very serious about this. If you can't get your bosses to pay the $75, then pay it yourself.

You will get it back many times over by advertising on Abestweb.

Why does everyone have to be condesending? - I'm just trying to do my best in my 1st couple days of this..... jeez.

I am a sales rep for my company - and due to the economy we had to get rid of our Marketing Manager; I'm doing double duty here, please be kind.

ABW Ambassador
    It doesn't make much sense to get rid of a marketing manager and then start an affiliate program at Linkshare.

Seems like you have a tough job. Good luck (I am not being condescending)

Believe me - I'm working round the clock... visiting customers, meetings and this in my "spare" time. I'm really looking to get the most out of this and appreciate the help, I really do.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by mount2073
    Believe me - I'm working round the clock... visiting customers, meetings and this in my "spare" time. I'm really looking to get the most out of this and appreciate the help, I really do.
    Welcome to Abestweb

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    Welcome..

To participate on a forum, you need to give some love and handle some heat.
    Affiliate Marketing can be pretty daunting. :-)

Welcome once again and email me (or ur acct manager) if u need help with Linkshare's ins and outs.

Eric - I don't have enough posts for a PM - can you shoot me your email address?

Quote Originally Posted by mount2073
    Eric - I don't have enough posts for a PM - can you shoot me your email address?
    It's in his signature.

mount2073
    Welcome to ABW
    yeap, do what the others have suggested and read all the stickies. Lots of reading but IT IS WORTH IT TO DO There's lots and lots of stuff for you to learn here. Make sure to do that first, tho. If after reading you still have questions, ask em and somebody is always nice enough to answer em

Agree with everything the others have suggested. The $75 is well worth it. You'll get that back in having affiliates reading it. (not just the members here but those who are just lurkers, they still read. ) But......make sure before doing so you've read the stickies, etc. If your program is not gonna be affiliate friendly your advertising your program is not gonna do a whole lotta good.

If your program is good and it's affiliate friendly you'll have lottsa affiliates lookin at it here. After that, stick around here. Get to know the people (both your affiliates and other affiliate managers) You'll continue to keep learning, you'll probably make friends with some of your affiliates and will have a mutually respective relationship with em. (well....not all affiliates are that concerned with makin friends with their affiliate managers lol but it's good to at least have one where you respect each other.

Good luck with your program

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    mount2073, welcome to the forum. If you join us here and ask for advice you will need to listen and be thick skinned. Those of us who have been here for years have seen it all and do not tolerate insincerity. Not aimed at you just making a statement.

Here are a few bits of advice. Get rid of the screenname mount2073, its meaningless. Ask Haiko to change it to your name instead then we know you are sincere and you will gather more loyalty if you come across as a person. Affiliates need anonymity, affiliate managers need identities.

LinkShare has a keyword search tool. Do your research on keywords then use the tool. Make sure you have a competitive offer by researching all the other programs on the top four networks. Set up spider reports broken into 5 keywords groups, make one your competitors domain.

Make sure your sign-up page is linked to your sites footer and that it is searchable. Affiliates screen you before they join, make it easy for them to find you.

Chuck,

Thanks so much for the tips! I will get the spider going right away. Feel free to keep the tips coming!

Nate

19. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread