2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Add to the list and have some fun...
    The Dumbest Stuff of 2003: The Year's Best in Spectacular Stupidity and Poor Judgment
    1. IRAQ'S INFORMATION MINISTER: Iraq's Information Minister, Mohammed Saeed Al-Sahhaf, truly distinguished himself in 2003. This site chronicles his comments is painstaking detail, but here are a few of his best lines this year:
    "There are no American infidels in Baghdad. Never!"

"I blame Al-Jazeera - they are marketing for the Americans!"

"The Americans are coming to surrender."

"We are in control. They are in a state of hysteria. Losers!"

"They are not in Baghdad. They are not in control of any airport. I tell you this. It is all a lie. They lie. It is a Hollywood movie."

2. KOZ GONE WILD! Tyco International CEO Dennis Kozlowski threw his wife a lavish birthday party, complete with toga-clad models and spectacular sets - and billed it back to shareholders! Foolishly, he videotaped the event - and the tape was used as evidence against him in his larceny trial. Oops!

3. TARNISHED TIMES: Plagiarism, factual inaccuracies and made-up stories were just some of the ways former reporter Jayson Blair tarnished the reputation of The New York Times.

4. DURST DEBACLE: A Texas jury found eccentric New York millionaire Robert Durst NOT guilty of murdering an elderly neighbor, dismembering her body and discarding its pieces into Galveston Bay.

5. RAGING RUSH: Rush Limbaugh touched off a firestorm of controversy that cost him a job at ESPN when he opined that Eagles quarterback Donovan McNabb was overrated because the media is "desirous of having a black quarterback succeed."

6. SPECIAL DELIVERY: Charles McKinley packed himself in a crate and shipped himself from New York to Dallas.

7. TONGUE-TIED: In a moment that Fleetwood Mac siren Stevie Nicks called "the most obnoxious moment in tv history," Madonna and Britney Spears locked lips (and then some) on live television at the MTV Video Music Awards.

8. REAGANS RUCKUS: CBS sparked outrage with its plans to air a damaging miniseries about a dying former President - until it pulled the program.

9. MAMMARY MADNESS: Catherine Donkers arrested for breast-feeding her baby while driving.

10 (tie). SADDAM'S "PENN PAL": Sean Penn visited Baghdad on a "fact-finding mission" last winter - then published a rambling essay on May 30 bashing the Bush administration in The New York Times. Sean should hook up with Michael Moore and make babies....or books.

10 (tie). PARIS HILTON/JESSICA SIMPSON COMMENTS: Dead-heat between Ms. Hilton's question about WalMart - "what do you buy there, wall stuff?" and Ms. Simpson's initial failure to grasp that "Chicken of the Sea" is a brand of tuna fish, not a product made from chickens who live aquatically. We hope they were kidding.

Honorable mention:
    Dixie Chicks comment "we're ashamed the President of the United States is from Texas" - and see their album sales plummet.

Martha Stewart, Kobe Bryant, Rush Limbaugh and Michael Jackson suffer legal troubles feeding the legal sharks. Saddam's legal problems are in front of him.

NFL Star Warren Sapp calls NFL owners "slave masters" (when he is making over $6 million in salary alone this year).

NBA star Rasheed Wallace (making $17 million in salary this year) claims the NBA is drafting kids out of high school because teams want "dumb-(synonym for posterior), young (racial epithet used by Wallace) that they can exploit."

Country musician Steve Earle records a sympathetic song, "John Walker's Blues," about the American Taliban Johnny Walker Lindh.

ESPN falls for fake call from a guy pretending to be Steve Bartman, the infamous Cubs fan who interfered with that foul ball in Game 6 costing them the game winning out.

College Coaches Go Wild: Larry Eustachy (Iowa State) drinks and parties with co-eds, Mike Price (Alabama) gets busted with a stripper, and Dave Bliss (Baylor) all disgrace their schools.

Baseball player Randal Simon attacks one of the sausage mascots in the 7th inning sausage race in Milwaukee.

David Gest sues Liza Minelli for $15 million because he claims the 57-year-old Minelli routinely was beating him up.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Dixie Chicks comment "we're ashamed the President of the United States is from Texas" - and see their album sales plummet. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    BRIEFLY.

Just Lurking
    I would like to nominate the SEVEN doctors who told me my mother was going to die when she was in the hospital two years ago. Ha! Two Years and she still going strong you bunch idiots!

------------------------------
    "A man is but the product of his thoughts. What he thinks, he becomes." -- Mahatma Gandhi

Affiliate Manager AffiliateBuddha's Avatar
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Buddha:
    I would like to nominate the SEVEN doctors who told me my mother was going to die when she was in the hospital two years ago. Ha! Two Years and she still going strong you bunch idiots!
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Believe it or not, The thoughts of a buddha can really save lives. (did u call yourself "Buddha" at that time?)

---
    Enlightened Affiliate looking for merchants with datafeeds/low reversals/great CR/no parasites.

Just Lurking
    Been called Buddha for 8-9 years still a few people still call me "Baby Buddha" but over time it simply became Buddha. I didn't get the nickname for any of the good traits associated with Buddha. The guy who gave me the nickname was pretty well educated it was either "Baby Buddha" or "Silent Rage." The others in the office would not have understood play on words of the latter. That and Baby Buddha had much more potential for snickering.

Whatever it was I doubt those pin headed idiot doctors had anything to do with it.

------------------------------
    "A man is but the product of his thoughts. What he thinks, he becomes." -- Mahatma Gandhi

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread