Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Why do some people not put their websites here. are they afraid of being hacked or something. im more curious than anything because i see some ad it to their signature and some dont. i would ad mine to my siggy if i knew why most dont any idea's i guess i should know this already butdon't
    vinny

------------------------------
    parasites = no money
    no parasites = money
    money is the choice im making i will see you there!!

Affiliate Manager
    1. Anonymous posting
    2. So your competitors don't see how you are making money and copy your site.

I am sure there are alot more that other people can add.

ABW Ambassador
    It's a privacy issue combined with the fact that some members here think that SEO [just as an example] is a criminal conspiracy of some sort.

The way I see it, it only makes sense when Merchants list their sites.

I highly doubt anyone on these forums would buy anything from my site when they have sites of their own...so it's pointless really, to advertise it unless you're looking for input. And, non members/lurkers, may be looking for sites to copy/harvest, so why make it easy on them?

If someone is curious enough to see my site, they can PM me for it. I've let others here see it, when they've asked. It's not in my Profile any longer either, I started seeing referrers from ABW showing up in my server logs. Maybe it's just me, but I like to know when people I correspond with want to have a look.

Thanks for the replys! i can see that i shouldnt post my sites here anymore it might hurt someone financially if they copy them lol

parasites = no money
    no parasites = money
    money is the choice im making i will see you there!!

If I were a thief looking for a website to steel I'd type my targeted search term in Google or other SE and copy a top listed site. However, I don't like adding my URL to my signatures either

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by nyfalcon:
    Thanks for the replys! i can see that i shouldnt post my sites here anymore it might hurt someone financially if they copy them lol

parasites = no money
    no parasites = money
    money is the choice im making i will see you there!!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I already have more than 10 people copying my site. If I put my URLs here in an AFFILIATE FORUM, then probably I will have 100 cases instead of 10.

Posting one's site(s) here promotes competition by having people easily stealing designs and content. "But competition is good," you say. I say BALONEY! If you are working as hard as you can for a goal, then it will be easier to achieve with less competition.

If someone is looking to be a success in this business, they can be, and they can learn it here - it will just take a little longer than copying someone else's site(s).

So, if you're smart - stay anonymous (here at least).

Don't forget, it is against ABW rules to post someone else's URL anywhere in the forum.

Fred

You might just be a Redneck if - Birds are attracted to your beard...

competition is only good for the consumer

everyone is out to get you!

Redfish, how to you FIND people copying your site? I have found two so far but I am sure there are countless others. I am always curious as to how folks find copiers.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    It pays to be clever
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    There are more sleezebag affiliates out there looking for shortcuts then you can shake a stick at. The entry fee is FREE and even those who can't speak or write english jump on the copycat affiliate route. More will appear as the figureout the SE spamming routines to suppliment their e-mail spamming schemes.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

Anne

Find a piece of unique text on your page, a unique sentence is usually a good one.

Then search for it in google enclosed in quotes.

Only sites with that exact sentence will appear in the results.

I've found a few copiers this way.

The affiliate formerly known as ojmoo
    I asked the same question a few months back and got the same answer. Me...I don't mind if you know my site.

My site is the big bull in the small pasture. Someone could copy it, but the relationships I have formed in the cow community and the promotion time I have already put in will ensure I am the number 1 cow gift website on the web. I take on all challengers. I've seen many cows come and many cows go, I remain the best bull around.

So come on by, try and copy my site, I'll make hamburger out of you

Mike
    Bovine Bazaar

I have been to your site ojmoo and found it very amoozing :0)

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    It pays to be clever
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

ABW Ambassador
    My question would be - why post your site here?

What is the benefit? And do you only have one site? I am over 100, which would i choose? They are all my lovely children.

Chet

2 reasons I can think of..

If you start speaking out and the other's don't like it, you get sabotaged. For me, anytime I am involved in an unpopular posting, things "start happening" that are kind of fishy..
    Another reason is that some here that don't post their sites are doing some things on their sites that aren't quite kosher and they don't want everyone to find out. I have found out some of the sites and some of those that like to ***** the most are some of the worst offenders..

ABW Ambassador
    I have something you could sell ojmoo - how about a nodding black and white cow for your car?

I never got my T-Shirt

Well ... mine's posted. Not too concerned about copiers ...

Karl Smith
    phillyBurbs - Your Internet Starts Here
    ---------
    Beware Parasiteware! It is stealing your money!
    [What is Parasiteware? click here to learn more]

I am very concerned about copiers on some of my sites where the merchant does not have a data feed. I spent many long hours on the code for their prodsucts and I need someone to copy and past my hard work, sticking in their own affiliate ID, like I need to be shot!

Mr.Merchant, if you do business in any way what-so-ever with parasites, your products will not be sold on my sites!!

Farewell, CJ! I loved you when you were young and pure. I will try to remember you that way. Disclaimer: Comments are to be interpreted as opinion unless otherwise noted.

Yea... I mean what a bunch of paranoids. If you state something that has to do with affiliate marketing that makes you appear to be an expert, you should be required to post your site.

Compare prices and features of over 100 different web hosting plans. http://www.IceIsHot.com

Anne, thank you. Did you look at Cow Dance it is another one of my sites. This one is a content site, not an affiliate marketing site.

Chez: Word of mouth, so anne can tell her friends. So merchants knowledgable about my site can visit and propose affiliation.

SamyT: No thank you, cows and my business, not my life. I do have several cow items, but believe it or not, I rarely pay for any of them. Aren't free samples fun :-)

Mike

My sites are hideous .
    I'm afraid you would all see what an amateur I am and not talk to me any more

CDC

I Can't Complain But Sometimes I Still Do

OK CDC, I promise I will not talk to you anymore without seeing your site so if you ever post it, it won't be the hideousness of your site that stops me from talking to you

Mike

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    - - - - -
    My sites are hideous
    - - - - -

Heh, cdc, if you want to see hideous, check out my first attempt... www.elbowcreekmall.com . Heh, anyone who copies that pos deserves the loss of income they got comin', ROFL. Now, the last 18 or so sites, well, I'm not gonna be listing those for the reasons described above.

- - - - - - - - -
    I will FOCUS on my goal, and I shall NOT be denied.

LMAO

CDC

I Can't Complain But Sometimes I Still Do

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast