Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Google has sent out an email blaming their deadbeat payments on "engineering" and "Thanksgiving." Next month, I s'pose it will be elves, Santa, and Rudolph.

Until the payment arrives, I am pulling the Adsense ads from all pages. In addition, I've Paused all Adwords ads and will not restart them for the duration.

It's nothing to Google, I know, but I don't tolerant programs that don't pay, because they are just as bad as parasites.

what ever happened to patience?

there are too many merchants that make you wait forever, then try to stiff you even then.

my checks, with the present exception, have come through as promised. and have represented a decent income for the effort.

_____
    I earned something? Who screwed up?

ABW Ambassador
    They actually notified the people they owed, set a timetable and seem to have a legit reason.

Yeah, lynch 'em.

If only all merchants were this bad.

Chet

So you buy that Thanksgiving excuse, eh?

In politics they put bad news out on friday nights because it gets less reaction. I wonder if google knew about this before tonight?

ABW Ambassador
    no problem for me.even i can wait for 60 days for big $$$$$

Smart Work and ... Sell Sell Sell

I contacted Adsense on Dec. 2 asking where my payment was and got this: <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> We appreciate your concern regarding payment for October earnings.
    Unfortunately, there are slight delays for October payments due to the
    U.S. Thanksgiving holiday. Checks will be mailed shortly to all qualifying
    publishers.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Nothing was said about any "engineering" problem.

On Dec. 4th I wrote them again: <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I understand the two day delay from the Thanksgiving holiday (per your
    message below), but now that two day delay has turned into a four day delay.
    I've followed my portion of the Terms of Service to the letter. I expect
    your company to follow your terms as well (which says you will mail a check
    for my account balance within 30 days of the end of every calendar month
    that my earnings amount to $100 or more). <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Isn't it funny how companies can just drop us for not following their terms but yet expect us to stay with them when they are obviously not following the their terms.

Ron - 7 Days A Week Marketing

ABW Ambassador
    Okay, I was joking.

Are you guys serious? This is still a new program and so far have been a joy to work with compared to every other ad company I have dealt with.

They could have pulled a linkshare and said it was mailed, they could have just not responded.

You have to reward those who try with the benefit of the doubt, i think you are guys are being way to quick here.

Chet

Let's not forget that this is Google, a company that has more to lose by cheating publishers than any other company in the industry. They obviously will pay sometime soon. A company that has been compared to God is not going to just skip payment, it would destroy their whole company at the worst possible time (a possible IPO next year could bring in $20 billion or more). Just relax, if you can't trust Google, who can you trust?

I'd still promote them if they paid once a year.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SamBay:
    I'd still promote them if they paid once a year.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Yep, same here. Back in 1999 and 2000, almost every merchant paid quarterly--usually near the end of the following quarter. I usually didn't see most of the money I earned for 4-6 months after I earned it. I still have a couple merchants who just pay about twice a year (when I email them to ask why I haven't received a check for six months) but for the most part it's more like 1 month--a considerable improvement. I've ALREADY RECEIVED payment from one merchant for November's sales.

It's not like Google is pushing payment terms out from 30 to 45 to 60 to 90. This is a one-time event.

If this is the biggest growing pain they experience, I'll be a very happy camper.

Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

ABW Ambassador
    The enginnering problem probably stems from sorting out who provided the tax forms and who didn't... (their system wasn't as automated as they hoped?) compounded by the problems they are facing after the Florida algo change - a lot of tweaking and adjusting needed...
    The bottom line is that their tech guys are overextended at this time.

Their contract states that they will pay within 30 days. They have not. They are wrong.

Let me tell you, if they think you are violating any terms in that agreement they will cut you off without warning. Google has grown arrogant.

You can all cut them as much slack as you want, but I will not. They owe me too much money.

Oh... competition is coming soon. http://www.adsonar.com

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Interesting to see the innards of their data mining /SEO/SEM -XMLfeed competition. http://www.quigo.com/adsonar.htm http://www.quigo.com/feedpoint.htm and a scarry datamining tool ... http://www.quigo.com/intellisonar.htm

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

ABW Ambassador
    I have to say, I actually hope they don't pay until January. Then I don't have to worry about it being earned income until then and no taxes to pay on it until 2005.

Whether their reasons are legit or not, who knows, but most of know that things get busy and merchants often don't pay on time.

I figure I'm not losing money promoting them, so why bother taking the ads down. (Income has gone up 30% with adsense) and all other income has either increased as well. Must be a good thing.
    Robin

ABW Ambassador
    What I don't like about Adsense:

-Adsense requires none of my time.
    -Provides targeted ads on every content page
    -Tech support is responsive.
    -Reporting is prompt.
    -No sign that Ebates or WhenU hijacks.
    -Every click "converts."
    -Income is more than acceptable.
    -Check is a few days late.

Time to rip those losers off my sites? No, I'll put my moral indignation aside and cut then a little more slack.

Wayne

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Tzu:
    Google has sent out an email blaming their deadbeat payments on "engineering" and "Thanksgiving." Next month, I s'pose it will be elves, Santa, and Rudolph.

Until the payment arrives, I am pulling the Adsense ads from all pages. In addition, I've Paused all Adwords ads and will not restart them for the duration.

It's nothing to Google, I know, but I don't tolerant programs that don't pay, because they are just as bad as parasites.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Take a chill pill. Its the holidays for crying out loud.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by REM:
    I have to say, I actually hope they don't pay until January. Then I don't have to worry about it being earned income until then and no taxes to pay on it until 2005.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>You might want to run that by your accountant. Unless you're doing "cash basis" accounting, you still have to recognize revenue when you earn it, not when you get paid.

Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

A couple of points:

1. No, I won't take a chill pill on Google because of the way that enforce the TOS with an ironfist. You can't have it both ways--we hold you to the TOS but ignore it ourselves. If I step out of line, they are on me like yellowjackets on a bologna snadwich. I'm returning the favor.

2. It's not 1999 anymore. Four years is light years in the affiliate world, as we both know.

3. Adsense is not much newer than Adwords, but I notice those Adwords payments come out my aco**** like clockwork--and have since the first month. No "engineering" problems there.

4. There is NO check and balance on Google. Fora are the only way to put heat on them and let them know they've messed up.

5. Google has given me no reason to trust them.

ABW Ambassador
    Michael,

Thanks for the comments, but luckily I have a background in accounting an the income is only accrued income until it is paid at which point it is earned income.

We have many merchants who owe us money, I'm not crazy enough to report that income which I might never see. Besides, when google and everyone else send the 1099's it is for income we actually received for this year, just in case you didn't know. Oh yeah, and just to make sure, I always run everything by my accountant just to be safe!

Thanks,
    Robin

ABW Ambassador
    Stop talking 'bout accounting please. I just had an exam yesterday and it makes me sick

Back to the topic.. Google is changing my life.. I don't care if I have to wait a few weeks for those checks..

-------------
    <font size="1">There are two theories to arguing with a woman -- neither one works.</font>

ABW Ambassador
    Night and day.

I have seen no iron fist in the handling of publisher with google. Just the opposite, extremely nice and helpful with issues i have caused.

As for somehow saying that since adsense works... oh never mind. Yes, since ford has made cars since 1910, they should never have problems with a new car. I see your point.

BOYCOTT GOOGLE ADSENSE!!!!!!

I am with you brother.

Chet

google is not the worst program, but its certainly not the best, in terms of service. It has a poor system of tracking, does not tell you what percentage your commission is. Does not tell you what ads are getting clicked on etc... If it weren't for high payouts I think the complaints in here would be deafening. And if they were to start cutting the commission rates gradually many would never know. I would guess that is in the future at some point.

But these late payments are inexcusable, and laying the blame on the Thanksgiving holiday is ridiculous. Further, to delay telling people about the delay when they obviously knew it was coming adds to the insult. I am sure you can compare them to some other program that is worse and proclaim they are not so bad. But if you choose to set the bar higher and compare them to the best programs, you will see they fall far short. At least in terms of service.

They deserve the criticism they are getting, but the infraction is far from being so bad that I will pull my ads.

I love Google.

Google can do no wrong.

Google is the best search engine there ever was or ever will be.

Andy

(Google reads these forums, and they know who you are. Better post a tribute to the Google Gods before they drop your sites like a lead balloon!)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Andy:
    I love Google.

Google can do no wrong.

Google is the best search engine there ever was or ever will be.

Andy

QUOTE]

Ummmm..... Ditto!

Larry Wentz

AffiliateNetwork.org newWebsite.com (Host 200 Domains - $29/Month)
    </p>

</p>

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast