Results 1 to 5 of 5
February 13th, 2009, 09:18 PM #1New merchant consult with an OPM
I've seen it suggested in a few various threads, of hiring an OPM for an hour or two for a consult.
I haven't seen any other thread with any information on how to go about that....
And I don't know if it would serve me best to hire one for an hour or post a 'what would a good plan for X scenario' be and take the best from the responses. I suggest the former.
And then of course who would I choose to hire if i were to hire.....
So I'm going to post scenario X, and see what happens.
I have just completed 3 DVDs (and an associated 4th, which affiliates may or may not be interested in) and am now focused on continuing the process of doing something with them.
I have a content based website. TendonitisExpert.com
I'm looking at teaming with affiliates, have been researching on ABW, and would like to go down the best possible path.
My questions include, for a merchant in my situation with specific product line:
1. Overall best plan/course of action.
2. Do affiliates generally pick 1 of a line of 4 products, or all 4, or does it just depend?
3. How does my website fit in to the scene? Competition to affiliates? Support for? Considered a leak?
4. I just posted a bunch of videos with trafficgeyser to increase traffic to my website. How does that work with affiliates? Is that competition? Frowned upon? Totally separate?
5. All affiliates come to my landing/sales page?
6. Best Affiliate network for my needs.
7. 4th DVD is very niche, and have planned on contacting niche stores/websites across the country to set them up as affiliates. Good idea?
8. What are the best creatives, and/or what is a list of the creatives I would need that would make affiliates happy and help them be effective?
9. Do I make all the creatives, would some affiliates want to use their own? Would I want them to?
Last edited by Haiko de Poel, Jr.; February 13th, 2009 at 10:56 PM.
February 13th, 2009, 11:27 PM #2
- Join Date
- January 18th, 2005
You need to hire a consultant that can go over all the variables with you. You have way too much that can't be answered with out more feedback, and do you want your business "plan" out in public for the world to see?
You need someone that is versed in software affiliate marketing, and that isn't something I can help you with, so I am not here promoting myself. I just think you need to talk to someone that is appropriate and not just post these question here and expect to get good, solid answers for what amounts to an entire business plan.Deborah Carney
TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com
February 13th, 2009, 11:47 PM #3
Had to start somewhere, and letting potential consultants know what I'm looking for.
My product is not software, didn't mean readers to get that impression.
February 14th, 2009, 06:32 AM #4
Hi joshtck, welcome to ABW! I'm an affiliate so I didn't come to sell you any OPM services but I do recommend their services. A well run program Is far more profitable than a learn by mistakes enterprise. Most OPMs will give you some general advice for the asking and at least let you know if they can actually help you get it going or not. Look at the fees as flying lessons, at least you'll start out with the right things in place. Go to http://forum.abestweb.com/index.php? and scroll down to the OPMs section, read what they are doing now and contact a few. It is time and money well spent.
February 14th, 2009, 04:26 PM #5Originally Posted by 2busy
Yes, I've done plenty of learn-by-mistakes so far and I've had my fill of it.
Thank you for the helpful how to get a consult info, and the well wishes.
By Haltingpoint in forum Starting an Affiliate Program & Merchant Q&AReplies: 2Last Post: March 12th, 2009, 04:27 PM
By Affiliate Eagle in forum Affiliate Window - AWReplies: 2Last Post: August 20th, 2008, 03:51 PM
By Rexanne in forum Unethical AffiliatesReplies: 24Last Post: December 20th, 2007, 06:00 PM
By Michael Nunez in forum Midnight Cafe'Replies: 48Last Post: July 24th, 2006, 11:08 AM