Shoes dot com (GAN) did not track
    Purchase was made over a month ago.

15 years and counting
    Just one of the possible reasons your purchase didn't track.
    Shoes.com is working with all the known parasites. It means if your visitors, family members or others have one loaded on their computer your commission will be diverted.
    onecause.com/merchant/3068
    ebates.com/landing_merchant.jsp?navigation_id=10001&merchant_id=4570
    discounts.shopathome.com/Coupons-Shoescom.discounts/17014/
    and more

Ask GAN to investigate or better tell Google to stop helping these parasites to steal our commissions.

I feel your frustration, every one of these reports knocks some wind out of my affiliate marketing sales(play on words?).

Have you contacted the merchant AM yet?

Have you started a ticket in GAN yet?

I'd be interested to see how they all respond/handle it.

Keep us informed ~ Thanks

My sales have vanished after they moved to GAN

Two test purchases I did with Shoes . com both tracked. One in December and one this month.

However, I still have yet to be paid for October commissions, so I'm wary to continue sending them traffic.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Nabz
    My sales have vanished after they moved to GAN
    Exactly. I had better sales with shoes .com when they were with BuyAt. After they moved to GAN, my sales tanked. About the same amount of clicks daily as before, same site display the links, I don't know why the clicks just don't convert anymore. Yeah, bad economy could be a factor, but...

I have contacted the AM. After a few days I got a response back asking for an order id and customer information. Someone a family member works with made this purchase. I have been trying to get the order id, but she keeps forgetting to ask for it. I was unaware that there was anywhere you could start a ticket or report transactions on the GAN site. I looked everywhere, after clicking a few links I got the Contact us form. Is that it or is there somewhere just for reporting missing transactions?

I have been told that this person does not have any toolbars or parasites on their computer. I wish I had the power to make Google, Linkshare and Commission Junction stop working with parasites, but I doubt they’re going to listen to me if they haven't listened to all the other affiliates. I'm just at the point where I'm trying to get credit for the orders and sales on clean computers. Once I can be assured that all sales (that go through my site on clean computers) are being reported, then I can worry about the parasites.

Update
    Just wanted to give an update. I was finally able to get the order ID last Friday and Shoes .com affiliate support emailed me back yesterday that the order was inserted into Connect Commerce with the original date and order amount. No reason was given as to why the order did not track.

Affiliate Manager
    Just want to clear a few things up on our end.
    First, we do have partnerships with the sites mentioned above, however, our policy (as listed in our T&Cs) has always been to credit the sale to the last referring cookie. This is how it was set up on CJ and has remained since we switched to GAN.
    Secondly, in terms of slow payment, we did have some learning curves on how payment was processed when we switched to GAN but we have turned the corner there and will be posting all payments within the 45-60 day window.
    Finally, please feel free to reach us directly as we are always open to answer any questions or concerns about the program and talk about optimization ideas with our publishers.

Kevin Smith
    AM, shoes.com
    ksmith@brownshoe.com

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread