Advice on a Niche - Astrology
    Hello,

I have been here a while and noticed that if you know the niche you are promoting quite well, you have better chances of making sales.

So, for my question, as a whole I know that the spirituality niche in notorious for low conversions, but still, can any of you recommend a good Astrology aff. program to sign up to and promote?

Thank you very much for your time

May

If you want to have a site devoted to Astrology, the best way to do it would be to write your own forecasts and promote other products that might interest your readers.

You can always promote [astrological] books and software available on Amazon [or other online booksellers] but people will most likely be interested in your forecasts. Check out an online ephemeris and write forecasts based upon your interpretation of the alignment of the planets and a zodiac sign etc...
    It is possible to promote just about anything with a topic like Astrology as a main "backdrop" or theme to your site/blog.

Go to your library and read a book entitled The Fortune Sellers by William A. Sherden.
    Here's something about it on Google's Book Search:
    http://books.google.com/books?id=NUn...result#PPP1,M1
    You'll learn that the fortune is in selling other products, you won't get a fortune by telling people to call the psychic hotlines. Think of related products. You can also promote products within the text of your forecasts
    Do you have a specific interest or knowledge [i.e. sports, economics, politics, celebrities, etc...?] You can always incorporate an interest into the general astrological forecasts [makes them more interesting to read].
    Be sure you have a disclaimer stating that every forecast you make is for entertainment purposes only.
    Last edited by Rhia7; February 16th, 2009 at 07:59 PM.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Rhia,

I appreciate you taking the time to answer this.
    I have looked even more lately and it looks like similer sites are sending their traffic mostly to amazon. I guess I'll join in with the fun.

Best Regards,
    May

Amazon is good for astrological related products such as books, software, tarot cards -- things of that nature.
    You can still sell other related and/or non-related products either from Amazon or from other merchants with affiliate programs.

Once upon a time it was a big deal to have one's chart drawn but now people can get their charts drawn on computer by Astrodienst [and by other sites].
    Astrodienst also provides a 6000 years Ephemeris.

To most people the interpretation is still the most interesting. Your approach to the topic [i.e. astrology] will give your site/blog its appeal

Watch out for the situation where hundreds of people start e-mailing you with requests for private [i.e. via e-mail] and free "readings" for questions that require more depth than a reader/fortuneteller/"whatever you go by" can give. People will ask involved questions dealing with a lot of pain in terms of health, finances, & divorces.
    You really don't want to get involved.
    Keep it light.

Start a site and/or blog about Astrology.
    Write forecasts/your own observations.
    Sprinkle in quotes from history, mythology, literature etc...
    Comment on current events.
    Sell products within your posts.
    You can "teach" people about Astrology but that depends upon the depth of your own grasp and you don't want to be a carbon copy of some other site. You might want to specialize in a certain angle regarding the topic.
    Sell products in the margins of your web page and/or between blog posts.
    Last edited by Rhia7; February 17th, 2009 at 11:03 AM.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Yes, amazon and ebay are the better place to check for astrology related products. Both Amazon and Ebay have affiliate programs.

Dang ... the secret is out.

EBAY is the place to go for Astrological Products. You can sell your own Astrological products or services there or join the EBAY affiliate program and send traffic to the astrology offerings. If you do the latter, you get a 30 day cookie assigned to each visitor. Plus to order they have to sign up at EBAY which is a good commission in and of itself.

Amazon has the products and books but the base pay out is 4% and they have a short sales cookie.

If you can find a magazine merchant that offers "Dell Horoscope" Magazine which has been around since stars formed, it's a pretty good seller.

If you can write good forecasts, you might want to do blog ... Monthly forecasts are easiest to do as they do not need to be posted but once a month. Weekly is probably better though as it would get more repeat traffic more often.

You can find some interesting books on Astrology at 'used book stores.' In just about books, there are a few good ideas, tells, etc. Since most Astrology books never make it to the mainstream, you can use the info and cite the book.

There is a big cult following for Nostradamus ... you might want to offer a video or two on him from places like the history channel or discovery channel.

Be sure to check out 'New Age' and 'Wicca' stuff on Google. Both are related somewhat. Tarot cards sell well if you can hook up with a good publisher and get a good discount. Another good source of info is to Google 'Astrology Book Stores' or publishers.

Hope this helps.

Affiliate Manager
    we at ESO.TV is actually providing an affiliate program for astrology/horoscope/psychics if you're interested.

Does ebay and Amazon?

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread