ABW Ambassador
    Thumbs down Hello, Anyone Home????
    Why is it that many of the affiliate managers with ShareASale programs can't even be bothered to accept you or not accept you into their program? It seems very arrogant that these affiliate managers just ignore our applications. I'm here to make them money, which is the whole point of them having a program yet they don't seem to give a damn. I'm not bothering to apply to any ShareASale merchants that don't have "INTERNATIONAL Auto Accept" anymore, it's just a time wasting exercise.

Here are two examples:

19th of January I applied to Cambria Bike to join their program. Waiting for weeks but nothing! So on the 8th of February I wrote to them using the ShareASale contact merchant form to ask what was going on with my application but my letter was ignored, no reply whatsoever.

Another example, on the 8th of February I applied to ProRider to join their program but again my application has been ignored yet I see my status is ShareASale is "Joined"

This is really productive stuff!
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

I really think that merchants need some basic instructions on how things work so they could stop hurting their own program. They think that SAS is their OPM.

Outsourced Program Manager
    Processing applications is the first thing that should be done every day, IMHO.

BTW, Carolyn of SAS offers a good basic training session every month for people new to the SAS interface.
    Jack Kotowski Certified Affiliate Manager OPM/Agency - program details: ABestWeb Forum of JackMarketing
    Managing affiliate programs since 1997 | Google Profile - JackMarketing
    Built Zappos.com to #1!! JackMarketing on Twitter and other social media networks Inquiries: www.JackMarketing.com

Outsourced Program Manager
    One thing you must keep in mind is that many of the Merchants on sas do not have a full time affiliate manager. This does not excuse them from following up on approvals but ...just letting you know.
    If i applied for a program and did not hear back with in at the most 3 days i would move on as this is just an indication of the type help you will have if you have any problems down the line so why waste your time?

PLenty of well run programs out there.
    Richard
    Affiliate Marketing Manager AMWSO
    Digestinol, Luxe-Design

Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once we grow up. Pablo Picasso

Excellent thread. It really is really, REALLY disheartening the way some merchants' programs are so poorly handled. As Richard said, not having an affiliate manager really should not be an excuse for not responding to applications.

Of course, the problem isn't unique to SAS -- but I, too, have had several such cases on SAS, where I would apply and never get a response. Recently, I actually got an acceptance for a merchant I had applied with so long ago that I'd forgotten about applying!
    Generate more fake news.

I know that SAS manages some programs, buy not nearly as many as think that SAS is managing their programs. Carolyn's training should be mandatory, so they understand that the network is not supposed to be managing their program unless they arrange for that to happen. Too many are on auto pilot and absent when you try to contact them - for application approvals and anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by glinted
    Another example, on the 8th of February I applied to ProRider to join their program but again my application has been ignored yet I see my status is ShareASale is "Joined"
    Hi Glinted,

If your status with a merchant is "Joined" that means your application has been approved. When a merchant approves your app, an email is sent to the email address in your account. It is possible, however unlikely, that the welcome email was sent but either bounced or was caught by a spam filter and thus never reached you.

I see "Welcome to our affiliate program" emails bounce back to me all the time. Even if you are receiving email from other locations at a particular address, sometimes SAS specifically isn't able to deliver mail to you.

I'm not excusing lazy/absent/part-time managers from tending to their programs, but what you're describing at least SOUNDS like a mail delivery problem in at least one case. Unfortunately email is not the most reliable communication medium...

I would also recommend looking for the affiliate manager's phone number or just call the merchant's customer service line and ask them to transfer you.

Good luck.

-Dale
    Dale LaFountain, CIO, <a style="color:#c23015; font-weight:bold; text-decoration:underline;" href="http://www.tfaw.com/">Things From Another World</a> - More Comics. More Toys. More Stuff. More FUN!
    14% base comm / up to 21.5% w/perf incent / 90 return days / parasite free / HUGE datafeed / <a style="color:#c23015; font-weight:bold; text-decoration:underline;" href="http://www.tfaw.com/Help/Affiliate-Information___168?qt=abw">[b]Join[/b]</a>

ABW Ambassador
    thanks for the feedback everyone. I know it's easy to just move on to other merchants but often you are building or developing a site that requires specific products. You then find these products are listed with these merchants and you track them down to have a program at ShareAsale. So you apply hoping and crossing your fingers they will get you approved shortly but unless they are on "Auto International Approve" then it seems none are getting processed.

Quote Originally Posted by TFAW.com
    If your status with a merchant is "Joined" that means your application has been approved. When a merchant approves your app, an email is sent to the email address in your account. It is possible, however unlikely, that the welcome email was sent but either bounced or was caught by a spam filter and thus never reached you.
    hi, thanks for the post but that is actually wrong. When you apply you are automatically given a status of Joined but this doesn't mean you are approved. If you try to get links then you can't and you only get a preview.

I think that if you need to track down the merchant by going to their website and using the contact form to get approved is probably a good idea but like an earlier poster pointed out, it probably is not going to be a well run program anyway.
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

Glinted,

Sorry, my mistake.

The two unapproved states in the merchant interface are "Not Approved" and "Declined", so I (incorrectly) leaped to the conclusion that "Joined" was the same as "Approved" since it clearly wasn't the other two...

In any case, my apologies. Best of luck finding responsive merchants who sell the products you're looking for.

-Dale
    Dale LaFountain, CIO, <a style="color:#c23015; font-weight:bold; text-decoration:underline;" href="http://www.tfaw.com/">Things From Another World</a> - More Comics. More Toys. More Stuff. More FUN!
    14% base comm / up to 21.5% w/perf incent / 90 return days / parasite free / HUGE datafeed / <a style="color:#c23015; font-weight:bold; text-decoration:underline;" href="http://www.tfaw.com/Help/Affiliate-Information___168?qt=abw">[b]Join[/b]</a>

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by TFAW.com
    Glinted,

Sorry, my mistake.

The two unapproved states in the merchant interface are "Not Approved" and "Declined", so I (incorrectly) leaped to the conclusion that "Joined" was the same as "Approved" since it clearly wasn't the other two...

In any case, my apologies. Best of luck finding responsive merchants who sell the products you're looking for.

-Dale
    No need to be sorry, I understand. I think ShareAsale should provide a better indication i.e. showing "Pending" status instead of "Joined" anyway.

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread