View Poll Results: How should we best do it (see my post below)?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • One size (the largest)

0 0%
  • One size (the smallest)

1 20.00%
  • Once size (don't care which one), but make the rest of info available in a custom field

0 0%
  • All sizes & prices

3 60.00%
  • Other [please post comments below]

1 20.00%

Thread: Rugs Data Feed Question: Do You Want All Sizes?

Question Rugs Data Feed Question: Do You Want All Sizes?
    We're putting the final touches on setting up a new rug merchant with ShareASale (they're already live, but I'm still sorting the data feed out), and I am looking for affiliate feedback on how we should have the data feed put together. The question is somewhat similar to the sizing question I've asked elsewhere, but I would like to get input (in form of votes, or comments) from affiliates that promote rugs, furniture and other home-related items on this particular case.

Every rug comes in 4-6 different sizes. Do you want just one size in the feed (not to blow it up 4-6 times)? If so, which one - the largest (which will be the most expensive one), or the smallest?

Many thanks in advance for your input, folks.

Geno

Two hours past only one vote in.

Please help me make this one usable, folks! Cast your vote above.

Many thanks in advance.

Geno

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    This poll may take a while to get going, Geno -

The toolbar policy has folks occupied at the moment.

IMhO, any time you can have products with different sku's / model numbers listed only improves the chances of being found via organic search.

I voted for having all sizes listed.
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

I picked "all sizes and prices" because if I am to use a datafeed, then I want to be able to configure my pages however I need. I usually create a general catalog-style listing with small images, then drill down to more detailed pages, where I like to use the larges images available.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Denis, Bill,

Thank you for your input, gentlemen.

My only reservation here is that having each rug's "child" options listed would mean blowing the data feed up from some 10,000-11,000 to 56,966 SKUs. Hence, the voting option of having only one SKU listed in the feed, but listing all other sizes (with prices) in one of the custom fields.

Thanks again, gentlemen, and looking forward to more feedback from other affiliates.

Geno

Quote Originally Posted by Geno Prussakov
    Denis, Bill,

Thank you for your input, gentlemen.

My only reservation here is that having each rug's "child" options listed would mean blowing the data feed up from some 10,000-11,000 to 56,966 SKUs. Hence, the voting option of having only one SKU listed in the feed, but listing all other sizes (with prices) in one of the custom fields.

Thanks again, gentlemen, and looking forward to more feedback from other affiliates.

Geno
    Yikes - I would have to reconsider my vote, then.

ABW Ambassador
    I voted for One size (the smallest) because I don't want the product to show duplicate times. I normally go in and customize it to read "Additional Sizes Available". (Perhaps that could be added to the product descriptions.) I also like to show the least inexpensive product for obvious reasons. Just my thoughts.

ABW Ambassador
    Geno, I voted "other".

I initially thought of voting "one size", but I don't want to limited to "largest size" or "smallest size". Let me give you an example here:

Say you are planning to add rug merchantX feeds to popshops. When I go search for a apecific rug "persian rugs", 64 merchantX's products show up. However, since "all sizes" of the rugs were imported which in most cases they are sharing the same images and descriptions. There really are only 16 different products(in terms of designs, images, descriptions).

I see those problems with many other merchnats on popshops all the time. It just create a huge problem because their feeds contain hundreds of duplicated products with same image and same description with slightly different wording of colors or sizes.

I think is the right way to create a "all size, all color included" datafeed is to just list one image(any size). But in the product description states "avaliable in four sizes ... ". That image/link then be linked to merchant's site with all four sizes ruges listed.

Just my 2 cents.

ABW Ambassador
    I do want to add that it would be very helpful if all sizes where available from the same product landing page, in a drop down menu.

Quote Originally Posted by mayfly
    I see those problems with many other merchants on popshops all the time. It just create a huge problem because their feeds contain hundreds of duplicated products with same image and same description with slightly different wording of colors or sizes.

I think is the right way to create a "all size, all color included" datafeed is to just list one image(any size). But in the product description states "available in four sizes ... ". That image/link then be linked to merchant's site with all four sizes rugs listed.
    Thank you, mayfly. Good points.

Quote Originally Posted by msladybug
    I do want to add that it would be very helpful if all sizes where available from the same product landing page, in a drop down menu.
    They will be. Not in a drop-down menu, but in a table (but it doesn't really matter, I think).

So, if we decide to go with just one size (to avoid blowing up the feed, having duplicates of images, etc), would everyone be happy with us having the size/price of the smallest rug listed as the default one?

Geno

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Geno Prussakov

So, if we decide to go with just one size (to avoid blowing up the feed, having duplicates of images, etc), would everyone be happy with us having the size/price of the smallest rug listed as the default one?

Geno
    Fine with me.

Thanks Geno for considering our thoughts.

Fine with me as well - (got that feed done yet? )

mayfly, thank you for your input!

Convergence, that feed is partially done (only 255 products uploaded). The merchant is still working on the larger one.

Thanks again for your posts, everyone! More votes and comments would certainly be appreciated.

Geno

14. Newsletter Signup