Seems kind of strange to me.

They talk about having PR5 and PR6 sites (Low IMHO) but the directory type pages where the links would be are PR4. Also, who would post the link to their affiliate sites where all the other affiliates of this program can see them?

Is it just me or is this plain weird?

Mr.Merchant, if you do business in any way what-so-ever with parasites, your products will not be sold on my sites!!

Farewell, CJ! I loved you when you were young and pure. I will try to remember you that way. Disclaimer: Comments are to be interpreted as opinion unless otherwise noted.

ABW Ambassador
    It wouldn't take much of a genius to figure out the other affiliate sites based on searching for popular keywords related to that merchant. So posting your link on a page where other affiliates appear should not be a problem. Do people think that their sites are hidden from their competitors in the search engines?

I am sure people could find your site by searching for keywords relating to your area of business

I think that you are paranoid

Julian

I know the merchant Ssanf is talking about, and all that you both say is true - sadly.

Fred

You might just be a Redneck if - Birds are attracted to your beard...

ABW Ambassador
    I got the same email. Though new to this merchant, given the interaction I've had with the AM, I don't think it was anything other than an honest attempt at increasing traffic to the affiliate site.

Wayne

An honest attempt at increasing traffic to the affiliate site, phooey.

They want all the affiliates to link to them to increase their own ranking, which as I pointed out is not all that great. This will help them beat their own affiliates in the search engines.

Affiliates get one link back for each site. They get hundreds from all the affiliates.

Did I mention that the link back has to be a non-affiliate link so that if someone does click it, guess what, no commission. Real cheap skates there trying to help all the poor affiliates. Basically, this means the affiliate has to "pay" for the link with any lost commissions.

Anyone who falls for this has poop for brains. Unfortunately, a lot will.

I really wonder about this company. They have good products but strange policies.

Mr.Merchant, if you do business in any way what-so-ever with parasites, your products will not be sold on my sites!!

Farewell, CJ! I loved you when you were young and pure. I will try to remember you that way. Disclaimer: Comments are to be interpreted as opinion unless otherwise noted.

[This message was edited by SSanf on December 30, 2003 at 11:04 AM.]

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Linda - 5starAffiliatePrograms's Avatar
    I have had several very well meaning merchants mention offering affiliates a link page to me. In every instance they have thought of it as a benefit that affiliates would like. Sort of an like extra perk. In all cases they didn't realize that many strong affiliates would not want their sites seen by other affiliates.

I am certain, that affiliates who are not pros probably do like the idea and see it as an advantage or unique benefit that most programs don't offer.

Linda Buquet :: 714.754.1280 :: AM Consulting, Promotion & PR (Partner Relations)
    <font color="#0000FF">5 Star Affiliate Programs</font> :: 13 High Paying, Parasite-Free, Partner-Centered Programs
    HUGE Holiday Sales Contest. WIN BIG PRIZES! <font color="#0000FF">Click Here!</font>

Newbies are often taken advantage of. They are using the affiliates to increase their OWN rankings to beat the same affiliates in the search engines.

If they weren't demanding a non-affiliate link back, I could agree that they MIGHT be trying to help. This is too transparent an attempt to take avantage.

Very crass. Asking inexperienced affiliates to bend over and say, "Thank you", too.

[This message was edited by SSanf on December 30, 2003 at 11:15 AM.]

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Linda - 5starAffiliatePrograms's Avatar
    The merchants that have mentioned this to me, did not want a link back, they were just doing it to help affs. If this one is asking for a non-aff link then yes they are doing it for selfish reasons.

Linda Buquet :: 714.754.1280 :: AM Consulting, Promotion & PR (Partner Relations)
    <font color="#0000FF">5 Star Affiliate Programs</font> :: 13 High Paying, Parasite-Free, Partner-Centered Programs
    HUGE Holiday Sales Contest. WIN BIG PRIZES! <font color="#0000FF">Click Here!</font>

The merchant also says that the bold keywords in the list are more difficult to get high rankings because of the competition for those words. I noticed that the merchant already has fairly good ranking for the bold words in the list. I tried to submit one link just for kicks and did not get their link back.

Ernie

It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Figures.

Personally, I am not going to touch this one with a ten foot pole even though I would LOVE to have their products and could sell a ton of them.

They need to just make a program like all the other merchants without all the weird shenanigans.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> The merchant also says that the bold keywords in the list are more difficult to get high rankings because of the competition for those words. I noticed that the merchant already has fairly good ranking for the bold words in the list. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The message is "So, don't even try for those keywords. We don't want the competition and certainly don't want you affiliates beating us for them."

These guys are a piece of work!

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread