Creating files with LF line endings
    Using WM2.4.2 on Mac OS X, it always seems to generate output files with Mac line endings (CR). I would like to put my web site into a version control system (Git) that doesn't deal with CR line endings--it stores a complete copy of each version of a file, won't show diffs, etc. I'm looking for an option to have WM generate output with LF line endings, but can't find one. I made sure that my template files had LF endings, but they all get converted to CR in the output files. Any ideas?

Affiliate Manager
    Los Angeles, California
    Currently WebMerge generates pages using the line endings native to the platform it's running on. For Windows this is CRLF, for OS X it's CR, for Linux LF. Historically, this has been the most convenient solution for our customers because it lets them work with their pages easily in any tool they have on their system.

But I can appreciate the value of using fixed line endings for the scenario you describe. It may be relatively trivial to implement this in the next build of v2.5 Beta, but before I commit I'll need to review the code to make sure it won't break anything.

Let me explore this a bit and get back to you. With any luck I'll just add a tool to the build to allow you to set the line endings to any of those three, with the default being what it does now with the line endings native to the current platform.

Thanks for the idea!
    Richard Gaskin
    Developer of WebMerge: Publish any data feed on any site

3. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread