A friend of mine told me that Wal Mart (I usually don’t shop there) had beer making kits for half price. Of course I thought that I like beer , and I like kits, what more could I ask for. When I bought the kit (and a refill at the same time) I was thinking that it would take about 20 days to ferment my home brew, 30 days at the most. Well I was wrong. I have to keep that concoction in my closet for 2 months! I think I’ll just go buy a six pack and some lucky person will get a beer making kit next Christmas.

Jason
    “I get on my knees and pray, we don’t get fooled again!” – Who said that? I said that!

I got one for christmas a year or two ago. I made one batch. Guess I didn't add enough water cause it only made 4 and a half bottles (supposed to make a six pack). Plus it was "real" strong and didn't taste too good. Although it started tasting a lot better after I drank two of them (if ya know what I mean).

Compare prices and features of over 100 different web hosting plans. http://www.IceIsHot.com

I tried my own homebrew once and learned that you don't store the bottles in a warm place. I put them up on top of the kitchen cabinets near the ceiling. The corks blew right into the drywall ceiling. I had to cut them out with a saw. The beer was terrible.

Ernie

It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

So glad NewcastleB started this thread. I have always wanted one of those beer-making kits. But my consumption of beer can exceed a six-pack so I have always looked and longed.

Now I can pass them without a thought!

I am now looking at a converting machine that will convert a refrigerator into a cool KEG machine!

SandraR

The one I bought said it would make 24 bottles of beer, but the box didn’t say that it takes 8 months to make it. That’s 6 bottles per batch every 2 months. Problem is, now I have hooch making fever. My aunt used to have a still in her basement, I might see if she still has any parts left over. So how much shine can I make per year legally?

Jason
    “I get on my knees and pray, we don’t get fooled again!” – Who said that? I said that!

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread