ABW Ambassador
    I put this here since most don't read the Newsletter forum. With the new act taking effect soon, not only affiliates with newsletters but merchants with newsletters should be on/moving too double opt in newsletters. Double opt in:
    Protects you against spam complaints.
    Good to see if your newsletter doesn't get stuck in any kind of filter. No point in sending out a newsletter to somebody who subscribed if they can't even get it.
    Good to make sure a correct email addy was entered. Sometimes there are spelling mistakes and sometimes people sign up with other peoples email address. Double opt in is the way to go.

So i was just curious to what services merchants/affiliates use, those that are using double opt in. Are you using a service, inhouse/own software etc. Looking for double opt in recommendations. I use a service to send out mine but i collect sign ups through a form on my site and follow that up with an email asking for confirmation of the sign up. But i'm looking for a good service to handle all of this for me. Thanks.

I work in lounge pants

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Egroups at Yahoo.com

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

Just Lurking
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by EcomCity.com:
    Egroups at Yahoo.com

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> ... That was a Joke ? ...

------------------------------
    "A man is but the product of his thoughts. What he thinks, he becomes." -- Mahatma Gandhi

Trust,

I've done the research, been around the proverbial block (constant contact, ice and buzzcast) and can say hands down that www.verticalresponse.com is the best outsourced solution there is ... just remember to buy in bulk (like 20K emails, or more) for the best value.

<font size="2" face="Verdana">Haiko

The secret of success is constancy of purpose. ~ Disraeli
    </font></p>

I'm extermely satisfied with www.EmailLabs.com. I've used them for a couple years now. They are top notch and reasonably priced.

I've used Yahoo Groups. They're free. They're fast. The positives stop there. They put huge ads in your newsletters. Some people subscribe and get no emails. Some people unsubscribe and continue to get emails. There is NO support (that I could find).

I used to use ListBuilder at Microsoft bCentral. I regularly had delays from hours to days long. Support was reachable, but was often clueless.

Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

ABW Ambassador
    Thanks for the suggestions, checking them out. Vertical Response looks real good, they have a note that they will start including your address in all mail going out starting Jan 1. Maybe i need to get a PO Box and my Callwave is good at screening out unwanted calls.

I work in lounge pants

Is a P.O. Box OK? I thought it had to be a physical address where you are.

Mr.Merchant, if you do business in any way what-so-ever with parasites, your products will not be sold on my sites!!

Farewell, CJ! I loved you when you were young and pure. I will try to remember you that way. Disclaimer: Comments are to be interpreted as opinion unless otherwise noted.

ABW Ambassador
    I think a P.O. box should be ok, not sure. My business address is online, theres no brick or mortar to my business. I work out of my home but i could literally just drive around the country and not have a physical address and still conduct my business. Or i could just use Todd's address and phone #

I work in lounge pants

another alternative
    http://aolss.roving.com/pricing.jsp

--------------------
    Tell Mama don't cry. Even when they kill me, They can never take the game from a young G. I'm str8 ballin'

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread